ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Sinead O'Connor

Just 56. Waaay too early.

Very unfortunate.

For the record, the Prince version is much, much, much better. But that would be expected from the greatest musical talent of all time.

She received widespread criticism after ripped up a photo of the Pope, but it was a statement about child sexual abuse by priests. In retrospect she was right. Ultimately she was a one-hit wonder, and the hit was just a cover of a Prince song.

Reactions: solarpanels
Not a fan, but she was part of the culture for a while and definitely brings back memories of times gone by. She'll always have her mark in history.
God speed.

The bald woman who wouldn't perform US concerts if our National Anthem was played before and who said she hated Christians and Jews, tore up the Pope's picture on national TV, and generally spent he life hating on people and institutions on a daily basis. She was not at peace in life, maybe she is now.

lx4nd.jpg

The bald woman who wouldn't perform US concerts if our National Anthem was played before and who said she hated Christians and Jews, tore up the Pope's picture on national TV, and generally spent he life hating on people and institutions on a daily basis. She was not at peace in life, maybe she is now.
Let's hope so.

I certainly wouldn't want to be the next artist to record "Nothing Compares 2 U" since the three previous artists all died too soon.

Supposed to say "no accounting for taste I guess".
But how the **** could you not like Chris Cornell vocals. Was a vocals God.

Oh and Hendrix was better than Prince.

As I frequently tell my wife, "I would like to agree with you, but that would make us both wrong. And that just doesn't seem right." :)

Reactions: WHCSC
As I frequently tell my wife, "I would like to agree with you, but that would make us both wrong. And that just doesn't seem right." :)
Wrong how?

Cornell a God. Or Hendrix better than Prince?

And I've got to know besides obviously Prince, who else do you like?

Wrong how?

Cornell a God. Or Hendrix better than Prince?

And I've got to know besides obviously Prince, who else do you like?

Goodness gracious. It is a joke. I love Prince. Never been a fan of Hendrix. Hendrix doesn't do anything for me, although I recognize it does for others. I like some of Hendrix's songs. Prince created an extraordinary amount of all kinds of music. A veritable one stop shop for music. The Youtube video I listened to of Cornell (never heard of him before until about 6-8 hours ago) did not make me think I was missing out on anything.

My Spotify playlist is not very extensive, but I'm old and don't care much for the last 20 years of the music industry. No variation. I have a lot of Prince, Queen, Led Zeppelin, George Thorogood, Barry White, The English Beat, General Public (a.k.a. English Beat). Lynrd Skynrd, Talking Heads, The Cure, Falco, Gordon Lightfoot, and a bunch of mostly one-hit wonders from the 80s / 90s, and 00s. The music I listen to depends on the mood I'm in. Prince has songs that hit every mood, which is why he is a genius.

For many people, choosing between Hendrix and Prince is kind of like choosing between the 95 Huskers and the 71 Huskers as the best CFB team of all time. It is only those 2 in the discussion -- and then all others are a distant third (regardless of what Herbstreit says).

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Is it kind of strange 3 popular versions of that song by 3 different popular artist and all 3 dead and at a relatively young age. All before 60
Sort of like The Ring. But instead of watching a video, you sing "Nothing Compares...." then you're dead. 😱

Goodness gracious. It is a joke. I love Prince. Never been a fan of Hendrix. Hendrix doesn't do anything for me, although I recognize it does for others. I like some of Hendrix's songs. Prince created an extraordinary amount of all kinds of music. A veritable one stop shop for music. The Youtube video I listened to of Cornell (never heard of him before until about 6-8 hours ago) did not make me think I was missing out on anything.

My Spotify playlist is not very extensive, but I'm old and don't care much for the last 20 years of the music industry. No variation. I have a lot of Prince, Queen, Led Zeppelin, George Thorogood, Barry White, The English Beat, General Public (a.k.a. English Beat). Lynrd Skynrd, Talking Heads, The Cure, Falco, Gordon Lightfoot, and a bunch of mostly one-hit wonders from the 80s / 90s, and 00s. The music I listen to depends on the mood I'm in. Prince has songs that hit every mood, which is why he is a genius.

For many people, choosing between Hendrix and Prince is kind of like choosing between the 95 Huskers and the 71 Huskers as the best CFB team of all time. It is only those 2 in the discussion -- and then all others are a distant third (regardless of what Herbstreit says).
I get you were joking. Just messing with you.

Same on modern music and sticking with select stuff as well.

You'd probably heard some Chris Cornell and just not known it. Most famous for fronting Soundgarden. Also fronted Audioslave which is one of my favorites. Cornell with the guitar, drums and bass from Rage Against the Machine.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
Prince is the GOAT and she wouldn’t be a thing without his track. That said, she was bold, brave and a tortured soul. She was mentally doomed from birth considering the grossness of her birth mother. RIP

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT