ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Jim Brown

otismotis08

Head Coach
Jan 5, 2012
parts unknown
One of the best ever. Before my time, but mad respect for his talent and hard nosed approach.

We need to recruit more lacrosse players.

jim-brown-2.jpg

Reactions: Redblood23
One of the best ever. Before my time, but mad respect for his talent and hard nosed approach.
Saw him waiting to board the same plane I was on at the Miami airport back in about 1998. He was by himself leaning against the wall wearing that signature Kufi cap. No one was bothering him...not even with a casual "hello." I so wanted to go say something to him even though I typically avoid bothering celebs in public. He had that "I'm gonna kill someone" look on his face, so I chickened out and just minded my own business.

RIP, Mr. Brown.

Growing up in Ohio in the 60s, the Browns were on TV every Sunday. As great as Barry, OJ, Eric, Emmitt Walter were, Jim Brown was the greatest running back I ever saw. He could have played DE, LB on defense and TE on offense. Led the league in rushing 8 of the 9 years he played. One of a very few of his generation that could have played in today's game.

As a football player, he is at the top of the list of all times grades. For the work that he did after he retired and movies and things in Hollywood was pretty good. But his willingness to go into communities that needed someone to show young people how to be an actual man and Try to better the community for that. He’s truly a legend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT