ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule reminds me of Frost so far

Love how some guys do their math.

I get it. Transfer portal and NIL, turnarounds can happen so much quicker. I get it. But really? Year 7?

It’s year 7 for the fans, for sure. But isn’t there some sort of middle ground as well?
you're right about the math

it's actually year 8 of the current rebuild

Thanks for keeping track so I don’t have to. I know I can count on you to keep us informed moving forward.
can you believe that baptism quote?

lmao the preacher jokes write themselves around here!

You know what I can’t believe? This is probably your weakest and most obvious troll attempt yet. And that’s says a ton!

You can do better. I just know it.
I am in shock at that video

who knew the nickname would be so perfectly on the nose?

We are too white IMHO
I took that to mean at the HC position specifically.. (meaning MJ)

Just like CU has a black head coach who maybe relates better to the players and recruits etc?

I think we would have been better off with MJ personally, but there is no way to prove that, and what has been done can't be undone.

For now, Rhule has to find a way to get the offense fixed fast, or things can start unraveling pretty quick.

Some fans will be patient, others patience have pretty much run out. You can only reboot the computer so many times before people get fed up and move on to something else.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78 and c3o
Remember when our starting QB got hurt against Colorado in Frost’s first year and we had to start the backup in the next game against Troy?

I am in shock at that video

who knew the nickname would be so perfectly on the nose?
Strike two. Try to be less obvious. Your indignation about what the coach says vs what he does is where it’s at for you. This approach just doesn’t land.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Strike two. Try to be less obvious. Your indignation about what the coach says vs what he does is where it’s at for you. This approach just doesn’t land.
I am being perfectly honest.

that video is stunning for someone who's been referring to rhule as "Preacher" for 10ish days.

very funny

I am being perfectly honest.

that video is stunning for someone who's been referring to rhule as "Preacher" for 10ish days.

very funny
You and me have a way different idea of what is stunning. Are you suggesting Rhule was behind it? Cuz I don’t get that sense at all.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
You and me have a way different idea of what is stunning. Are you suggesting Rhule was behind it? Cuz I don’t get that sense at all.
those guys have been teammates for, what, 4 years?

Preacher takes over and all of a sudden they're baptizing each other

like I said, way too on the nose. feel like I'm being punk'd.

Frost was at least good at scripting the first offensive series of games. He was actually awesome at that. Unfortunately, he was the worst coach I've ever seen when it came to half-time/in-game adjustments. Once the other team made adjustments after the first series, he pissed his pants every time.

With Rhule, I haven't seen one good thing yet. He should be giving his entire paycheck to Tony White, because White has been carrying this entire team so far.

we have 60+ new players who were hand picked by this staff
60+ new players huh? So we pulled a Dion and flipped over half the roster? Your numbers seem a little inflated, unless you're counting Walk ons as well? There's literally 2 defenders on defense that play meaningful snaps that weren't on the team last year (Chief and Lenhardt). Maybe Sherman and Juedy, but they have been extremely underwhelming and I haven't noticed them much during the game, so maybe they're in there. Same for the offense (Sims and Kemp). Everyone else has experienced losing in the most epic ways possible. This isn't a fix that will happen in one season.

Weren't you the guy that said if Purdy came into the game first during a blowout that it meant HH was actually number 2? I'm curious as to what you think now that HH came in first during a blow out. I'm assuming you changed your stance on that. It's pretty easy to move the goal posts to fit your narratives.

You can’t just get rid of the old players and bring in new ones and go 2-0. It’s impossible. Rhule is doing it the right way with fullbacks and benching running backs that fumble
If you wanted that you should've been hollering for Dion when he was available. Don't just jump on the bandwagon now that you see he's having success. It's crazy to see the meltdown on this page after the consensus was that year 1 was going to be a tough rebuild year. Now that it's here, a majority of you still can't accept it even though you predicted it 😂

Agree. But let’s be honest. Rhule ain’t in Texas anymore. He found out the recruiting is going to be brutal and starting mid 3* doesn’t win. His kids at Baylor that said no to TX and OU were still sick athletes. Athletes don’t want to come here and the corn fed boys doesn’t work in todays game.
We were plenty athletic enough to beat Minni and CU.

Weren't you the guy that said if Purdy came into the game first during a blowout that it meant HH was actually number 2? I'm curious as to what you think now that HH came in first during a blow out. I'm assuming you changed your stance on that. It's pretty easy to move the goal posts to fit your narratives.

Not exactly how it went. I don't think you want to get him started on HH actually being #2.

Reactions: king_kong_
Well regarded, confident, smooth talking, previously successful college coach starts with hand-picked, chosen-one qb while dismissing other options.

Proceeds to face plant.

Hopefully Rhule’s 0-2 start doesn’t evolve into Frost’s 0-6 start.

I am at the stfu stage of Nebraska football fandom. I am sick of hearing about building, etc. Our bad start was self-inflicted.

Our program’s chronic, multi decade mismanagement of the qb position is mind boggling.
Not even close.

In the words of a famous orange guy, "its a nothing burger snowflakes".

Why did we lose then?
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

I'm not happy with starting 0-2. But I do think we've looked better in certain areas (i.e. defense) then we did early last year.

Not writing off Rhule off two games into a rebuild but I am frustrated as well. Interested to see whether he can get anything out of Sims or makes a change. Think he's hesitating on the latter because there's a good chance we don't have anyone better.

Watched some other games from high ranked teams the past weekend. I enjoy seeing how the top teams look. Not only did their quarterbacks look light years ahead of Sims but so did most of the BACKUP quarterbacks in the blowouts. Really made me sad (and jealous) to see. Has to be one of the worst p5 quarterbacks I've ever seen... I can only hope Rhule can fix that for next season if nothing else.

Next two games are must wins in my opinion and frankly should be wins. Going into the Michigan game at anything less than 2-2 is unacceptable. Starting 1-3 (or even worse 0-4) would be an absolute disaster. Anyways my badly written comment aside I still have decent (and perhaps misplaced) hope for the season... GBR
Looking for improvement, especially in the offense.

Reactions: BigRedTed
So a couple of things… just because frost did something, it doesn’t make it bad. He was right about something’s. The major difference you’re conveniently leaving out is that frost was a petulant, irresponsible booze hound that never put any effort into his empty words. I have no idea if Rhule will succeed here or not, but if he doesn’t, it isn’t going to be because he didn’t try or held himself to a lower standard then blame everyone else.

And for everyone tired of listening to it…just stop watching the press conferences. What else is he supposed to say? He is obligated to go and answer questions. Don’t make him pay for the sins of previous coaches and don’t say things like “just stfu and win” because he is literally paid to show up to talk to the media. What else is he supposed to say?
should employ the Belichick protocol. One-word responses. Don't elaborate...

Turnovers, mostly by one guy (nod to Grant for the fumble to help lose the game to Minnesota whereas if he just goes down with the ball, Nebraska likely runs out the clock and wins). Athleticism and mental toughness are not the same thing.
Wasn't really a "just go down" situation. He lowered his shoulder and bounced off the first guy, got a couple yards and the safety that Piper barely tickled on his block comes from behind to knock the ball out. Not saying wasn't a bad fumble but 100% was not a just a "fall down" type of play

Well regarded, confident, smooth talking, previously successful college coach starts with hand-picked, chosen-one qb while dismissing other options.

Proceeds to face plant.

Hopefully Rhule’s 0-2 start doesn’t evolve into Frost’s 0-6 start.

I am at the stfu stage of Nebraska football fandom. I am sick of hearing about building, etc. Our bad start was self-inflicted.

Our program’s chronic, multi decade mismanagement of the qb position is mind boggling.
If I had to make a prediction today, I'd say that there's less than a 50% chance that Rhule will still be the HC in 5 years. The main reason for this is that, like Frost, Riley, Callahan, etc., he hired his "buddies" instead of getting the best he could.

White is a good choice IMO. At least he had some success before coming to Nebraska (lead Syracuse to Top 20 defense in final 2 years), but Satterfield is a head scratcher and the weakest link, IMO.

If I had to make a prediction today, I'd say that there's less than a 50% chance that Rhule will still be the HC in 5 years. The main reason for this is that, like Frost, Riley, Callahan, etc., he hired his "buddies" instead of getting the best he could.

White is a good choice IMO. At least he had some success before coming to Nebraska (lead Syracuse to Top 20 defense in final 2 years), but Satterfield is a head scratcher and the weakest link, IMO.
Most coaches hire people they know well. You can call them their buddies if you want, But why would you hire someone you don’t know? It’s not important whether they are their buddies anyway. It’s important if they can coach and recruit and not, say, assault their wives, be drunk all the time, have sex with prostitutes and get caught, Have affairs with the wife of a prominent booster..…

• Wow
Reactions: BrighteRed24
Frost was at least good at scripting the first offensive series of games. He was actually awesome at that. Unfortunately, he was the worst coach I've ever seen when it came to half-time/in-game adjustments. Once the other team made adjustments after the first series, he pissed his pants every time.

With Rhule, I haven't seen one good thing yet. He should be giving his entire paycheck to Tony White, because White has been carrying this entire team so far.
You are correct it was remarkable how they’d most often score on the first drive. But that was like having the grand finale at the start of the show

Reactions: BleedRed78

If Callahan would have dismissed his friend Cosgrove at DC position I think he would have had a pretty successful run here! But who cares if you can put up 40 points if you give up 52

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT