ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule reminds me of Frost so far

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
Well regarded, confident, smooth talking, previously successful college coach starts with hand-picked, chosen-one qb while dismissing other options.

Proceeds to face plant.

Hopefully Rhule’s 0-2 start doesn’t evolve into Frost’s 0-6 start.

I am at the stfu stage of Nebraska football fandom. I am sick of hearing about building, etc. Our bad start was self-inflicted.

Our program’s chronic, multi decade mismanagement of the qb position is mind boggling.

I'm not happy with starting 0-2. But I do think we've looked better in certain areas (i.e. defense) then we did early last year.

Not writing off Rhule off two games into a rebuild but I am frustrated as well. Interested to see whether he can get anything out of Sims or makes a change. Think he's hesitating on the latter because there's a good chance we don't have anyone better.

Watched some other games from high ranked teams the past weekend. I enjoy seeing how the top teams look. Not only did their quarterbacks look light years ahead of Sims but so did most of the BACKUP quarterbacks in the blowouts. Really made me sad (and jealous) to see. Has to be one of the worst p5 quarterbacks I've ever seen... I can only hope Rhule can fix that for next season if nothing else.

Next two games are must wins in my opinion and frankly should be wins. Going into the Michigan game at anything less than 2-2 is unacceptable. Starting 1-3 (or even worse 0-4) would be an absolute disaster. Anyways my badly written comment aside I still have decent (and perhaps misplaced) hope for the season... GBR

Well regarded, confident, smooth talking, previously successful college coach starts with hand-picked, chosen-one qb while dismissing other options.

Proceeds to face plant.

I am at the stfu stage of Nebraska football fandom. I am sick of hearing about building, etc. Our bad start was self-inflicted.

Our program’s chronic, multi decade mismanagement of the qb position is mind boggling.
I'm as stfu stage of fans. It's been two ****ing games.

So a couple of things… just because frost did something, it doesn’t make it bad. He was right about something’s. The major difference you’re conveniently leaving out is that frost was a petulant, irresponsible booze hound that never put any effort into his empty words. I have no idea if Rhule will succeed here or not, but if he doesn’t, it isn’t going to be because he didn’t try or held himself to a lower standard then blame everyone else.

And for everyone tired of listening to it…just stop watching the press conferences. What else is he supposed to say? He is obligated to go and answer questions. Don’t make him pay for the sins of previous coaches and don’t say things like “just stfu and win” because he is literally paid to show up to talk to the media. What else is he supposed to say?

Agree. But let’s be honest. Rhule ain’t in Texas anymore. He found out the recruiting is going to be brutal and starting mid 3* doesn’t win. His kids at Baylor that said no to TX and OU were still sick athletes. Athletes don’t want to come here and the corn fed boys doesn’t work in todays game.

Proceeds to face plant.

Just stop, he is so transparent and the guy is the farthest from frost as you can get. He is an open book, maybe to open

Agree. But let’s be honest. Rhule ain’t in Texas anymore. He found out the recruiting is going to be brutal and starting mid 3* doesn’t win. His kids at Baylor that said no to TX and OU were still sick athletes. Athletes don’t want to come here and the corn fed boys doesn’t work in todays game.
Let’s be honest. The moment you post on this board about something other than 3 star players will be the first time.

We’d be 2-0 if we were even on turnovers. Has nothing to do with athletes, at least not at this point

I'm not happy with starting 0-2. But I do think we've looked better in certain areas (i.e. defense) then we did early last year.

Not writing off Rhule off two games into a rebuild but I am frustrated as well. Interested to see whether he can get anything out of Sims or makes a change. Think he's hesitating on the latter because there's a good chance we don't have anyone better.

Watched some other games from high ranked teams the past weekend. I enjoy seeing how the top teams look. Not only did their quarterbacks look light years ahead of Sims but so did most of the BACKUP quarterbacks in the blowouts. Really made me sad (and jealous) to see. Has to be one of the worst p5 quarterbacks I've ever seen... I can only hope Rhule can fix that for next season if nothing else.

Next two games are must wins in my opinion and frankly should be wins. Going into the Michigan game at anything less than 2-2 is unacceptable. Starting 1-3 (or even worse 0-4) would be an absolute disaster. Anyways my badly written comment aside I still have decent (and perhaps misplaced) hope for the season... GBR

“Interested to see whether he can get anything out of Sims or makes a change. Think he's hesitating on the latter because there's a good chance we don't have anyone better.”

This quote above from you hit the nail on the head. It is shocking that as bad as Sims has been, we may not have a better option. Total mismanagement of that position.

Reactions: BigRedTed
You think Frost was smooth talking?
When Frost was first hired the national media was jizzing about the stuff he said "no fear of failure" and "We don't yell at kids".

Frost just lost it early on when he was so paranoid about the local media prying into his family life.

Lots said that at same stage for Frost too. Many continued thinking he was on the verge of great things right until the last season.

I’m not giving up on Rhule obviously, but I am disturbed. Some of what we are seeing gives me deja vu.

Coaches here seem to love the adoration and press after they are hired but then forget to do their jobs.

Lots said that at same stage for Frost too. Many continued thinking he was on the verge of great things right until the last season.

I’m not giving up on Rhule obviously, but I am disturbed. Some of what we are seeing gives me deja vu.

Coaches here seem to love the adoration and press after they are hired but then forget to do their jobs.
It's the same damn players as last year. Of course you're seeing deja vu. This team has been perennial losers for 6 straight years. You think 2 games in and everything is going to work itself out. Jesus F****** Christ you and a lot of these blow hards are unbearable to listen to. Just STFU and drink more beer or beat your kids and wife. BUT for the love of God quit b!tching about the staff after two games in a coaches first year.

It's the same damn players as last year. Of course you're seeing deja vu. This team has been perennial losers for 6 straight years. You think 2 games in and everything is going to work itself out. Jesus F****** Christ you and a lot of these blow hards are unbearable to listen to. Just STFU and drink more beer or beat your kids and wife. BUT for the love of God quit b!tching about the staff after two games in a coaches first year.
You can’t just get rid of the old players and bring in new ones and go 2-0. It’s impossible. Rhule is doing it the right way with fullbacks and benching running backs that fumble

There is absolutely nothing similar between Rhule and Frost.

It’s been two ****ing games

we have 60+ new players who were hand picked by this staff

^beat his wife after this post

^beat his wife after this post
laugh-laughing.gif

We are a mess offensively. We have no skill players and our offensive staff is extremely under experienced. At the start of the season I predicted a 2-4 start but a 7-5 or 8-4 finish. Yes I predicted CU beats us at the start of the season. (To lazy to link it). How we adjust after the bye week will be key. If we don’t hit that well, it could be ruff for Husker fans.

They need some juice in the program and that’s why Rhule is so dicey even for you “give him time” crowd. It’s not year 1. It’s year 7. And as some might think that’s not fair, but all I can say to you all is “grow up”. It can be done. Let’s see how he turns it around after the bye week. Need McGuire to pull some shit out of his ass. If he’s boy genius, let’s see it

We are a mess offensively. We have no skill players and our offensive staff is extremely under experienced. At the start of the season I predicted a 2-4 start but a 7-5 or 8-4 finish. Yes I predicted CU beats us at the start of the season. (To lazy to link it). How we adjust after the bye week will be key. If we don’t hit that well, it could be ruff for Husker fans.

They need some juice in the program and that’s why Rhule is so dicey even for you “give him time” crowd. It’s not year 1. It’s year 7. And as some might think that’s not fair, but all I can say to you all is “grow up”. It can be done. Let’s see how he turns it around after the bye week. Need McGuire to pull some shit out of his ass. If he’s boy genius, let’s see it
2 games deep is year seven? What a terrifically bad take.

Love how some guys do their math.

I get it. Transfer portal and NIL, turnarounds can happen so much quicker. I get it. But really? Year 7?

It’s year 7 for the fans, for sure. But isn’t there some sort of middle ground as well?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT