ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule PC

I don’t believe Callahan’s house was within the city limits at the time. Some of it is just being able to find a house that goes with an 8 million dollar salary. My suspicion is that he didn’t buy a 1500 square foot split entry built in the 90s. Wasn’t Frost’s place on the outskirts of Lincoln?
Pretty far south on Ridgeline Dr. but inside the city limits. I drove my friend to Scott's neighbor's house once to pick up a car purchased on Craigslist.

Pretty far south on Ridgeline Dr. but inside the city limits. I drove my friend to Scott's neighbor's house once to pick up a car purchased on Craigslist.
Waverly is probably a lot easier commute to the stadium than south Lincoln.

Eh… if I remember correctly Riley definitely ‘turned things around’ @ OSU (OrSU), largely because of his ‘Development’ skills…

My point has been and will continue to be this- we’ve garnered roughly (roughly) the same talent yearly since Osborne, with the notable exception of Cally, which at the time was a disaster, but there’s no one here who wouldn’t have traded that for anyone since. We traded a super talented team, poorly coached, for what I’d consider to be an unmitigated disaster since then.

Bo looks like a f’ing genius compared to the last Decade. Anyone say otherwise.

We’ve had a handful for four star athletes with a whole bunch of lesser talent every year, but no true Elite talent, until recent transfer portal acquisitions. Star rank isn’t ‘all-telling’ by any stretch, I get that, but it’s the best measure of talent that there is, otherwise.

Recruiting class this year is a standard deviation better than average, but we’ve got a long ways to go before we compete for Big10 titles, IMHO.

We’ve all seen the difference on the field, and on the scoreboard. And it’s not just DEVELOPMENT. Other teams have very simply been Bigger, Faster, and just Better.

‘Better’ can arguably be Developed.

Bigger and Faster?
“f’ing genius”. The Wisconsin dude is still running

Takes like this make it hard to take you seriously. He hasn’t even coached a game. He had success at Temple, and Baylor, and yet you already know he won’t have any success here? Do tell…
Sry. Am just in a REALLY bad mood today. I’ll take a step back and see what happens. It just seems to me like he was hired because he goes to church and has a nice haircut, checks off certain boxes to appease the Husker donors. And everyone here knows he’s destined to Penn State…

I don’t believe Callahan’s house was within the city limits at the time. Some of it is just being able to find a house that goes with an 8 million dollar salary. My suspicion is that he didn’t buy a 1500 square foot split entry built in the 90s. Wasn’t Frost’s place on the outskirts of Lincoln?
Is there not a video of the Rhule family house hunting? There's one of the Sanders family.

Sry. Am just in a REALLY bad mood today. I’ll take a step back and see what happens. It just seems to me like he was hired because he goes to church and has a nice haircut, checks off certain boxes to appease the Husker donors. And everyone here knows he’s destined to Penn State…
Not until Franklin leaves Penn State. Franklin recently got a contract extension, so it's not something we have to worry about for now.

The last time I had this much hope was Callahan. Then Sam Keller happened. LOL. Anyways, I love the new staff. It's easy to see how the kids are going to get excited. You can see the rebuild happening. In a couple of years, we won't be the same. I love a staff that believes in itself. That starts from the top.
I fell for that one too but this time we have a proven D1 COLLEGE coach and staff who’s turned around a down program twice now.

Some of us did overhype Callahan, but he was hammered more than Riley or Frost and for at least 2 good seasons out of 4. 8-4 and 9-3. 2007 7 loss season was a nightmare schedule much like 2002 Solich 7 losses. and we lost entire DL. but it’s amazing how far our program fell after his recruiting and Pelinis coaching that talent up. Riley inherited much worse than Bo and Frost similar to what Riley had maybe worse.

Callahan has 2nd best WL since Solich. and he inherited a team that was 16-12 in last 28 games. and 3 classes that were out of the top 40 until Callahan closed late to get us to 28th or something in 2004

I fell for that one too but this time we have a proven D1 COLLEGE coach and staff who’s turned around a down program twice now.

Some of us did overhype Callahan, but he was hammered more than Riley or Frost and for at least 2 good seasons out of 4. 8-4 and 9-3. 2007 7 loss season was a nightmare schedule much like 2002 Solich 7 losses. and we lost entire DL. but it’s amazing how far our program fell after his recruiting and Pelinis coaching that talent up. Riley inherited much worse than Bo and Frost similar to what Riley had maybe worse.

Callahan has 2nd best WL since Solich. and he inherited a team that was 16-12 in last 28 games. and 3 classes that were out of the top 40 until Callahan closed late to get us to 28th or something in 2004
Callahan was pretty decent for being like our fifth choice / who wants to coach a D1 football team sweepstakes.

If he woulda kept Bo they’d probably both still be here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT