ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule after today's first scrimmage

So if they can't even to begin to think of a depth chart until fall, how do they split the team up into ones and twos? And what about the threes, fours and fives? Didnt they get any reps?

so nice to finally have some advanced minds in charge of this team

vision is nearly as important as execution

still laughing at some people saying I am incapable of talking about football here

Reactions: Yantzeee
So if they can't even to begin to think of a depth chart until fall, how do they split the team up into ones and twos? And what about the threes, fours and fives? Didnt they get any reps?

Is there anything you won’t bitch about?

Bop.gif

no smothers, no Thompson

I do not like that quarterback runs were the primary driver of the offense's "success", but it's early
There are designed QB runs and there are QB runs from designed plays that break down.

big difference

I hope these were designed QB runs but would be bit surprised if a lot of these were called

Good to see Torres looks like he’s really filled out. Purdy looks smaller than I expected, but Haarberg and Torres have big frames.

“IF” Haarberg uses this spring to catapult himself into to the top 3 with Simms, and Thompson comes back with all of his experience, and either Torres or Purdy can be competent #4, it’ll be a solid room.

Simms and Thompson would bring that experience factor, and if HH is gonna play, the stage can’t be too big for him like it was for Smothers and Purdy.
We can’t really afford growing pains at QB when we’re trying to make a bowl game.

Accuracy and decision making are still likely to decide the pecking order if they can all show some ability to run.
If a QB can’t throw… then I think the B1G defenses would eat us alive.
QB run game needs to supplement pass game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT