ADVERTISEMENT

Rejoice!!! Zane Flores is coming to NU!

Nate004

Senior
Feb 13, 2007
On Monday, for the state championship game. And I don’t normally make these kinds of predictions because they normally age like old milk, but with the current cursed levels at Nebraska running at about 100%, it’s probably safe to assume he’s gonna put up about 400 yards with 5 TD’s just to really shove our noses into the steaming pile of crap that Scott Frost did recruiting him.

Hopefully whom ever is named HC in the next week or 2 will at least try to get him to back out of his Okie State commitment, but I don’t have high hopes.

On Monday, for the state championship game. And I don’t normally make these kinds of predictions because they normally age like old milk, but with the current cursed levels at Nebraska running at about 100%, it’s probably safe to assume he’s gonna put up about 400 yards with 5 TD’s just to really shove our noses into the steaming pile of crap that Scott Frost did recruiting him.

Hopefully whom ever is named HC in the next week or 2 will at least try to get him to back out of his Okie State commitment, but I don’t have high hopes.
I'm mostly glad he's not going to Iowa. But with their current state of quarterback play that would be a poor choice.

Sounds like we have no shot at flipping him. I’m still pissed at Pelini every time that I watch Harrison Phillips play on Sundays

Sounds like we have no shot at flipping him. I’m still pissed at Pelini every time that I watch Harrison Phillips play on Sundays

I don't follow close enough I guess... I had been hoping a solid new hire could go in there respectfully and sincerely apologize and then make an offer to flip him... I understand he's probly pissed but hopefully a new regime can bring him around

Reactions: leodisflowers
I don't follow close enough I guess... I had been hoping a solid new hire could go in there respectfully and sincerely apologize and then make an offer to flip him... I understand he's probly pissed but hopefully a new regime can bring him around
Pretty sure there’s zero chance unless we hired Gundy— or he at least took a different job.

Good for Zane for finding a nice place to land, but our ineptitude will be on display in Monday’s game. Even if he doesn’t put up big numbers, the game is just a platform to discuss how we ignored (and I’d say disrespected) one of the rare local QB talents as he pursues his repeat championship.

Watching our backup QB’s look utterly incompetent in the passing game serves as an additional reminder.

The legend goes that Pelini had Phillips and Stoltenberg go head to head in a sort of battle royale which partially resulted in them knocking over a gatorade table (I believe). The winner would be offered the scholarship.
We know the end.

Stanford may have come in later after that, so who know if he would have likely flipped to Stanford anyway.

Not even his best game and still looked more competent than any QB on the Huskers team not named Casey Thompson.

He’s probably making a great decision. The Huskers do nothing but ruin decent QB recruits. Zane looked pretty good. A little dancy with the feet and has a tendency to lock onto a receiver, but a good stock to mold for Gundy.

Zane chops his feet when he drops back to pass. He’s been doing that a long time. I don’t know who taught him to do that. I’ve not seen another QB do that. But it apparently works for him.

Zane chops his feet when he drops back to pass. He’s been doing that a long time. I don’t know who taught him to do that. I’ve not seen another QB do that. But it apparently works for him.
Payton Manning did that his whole career

Reactions: Nate004
414 yards passing with 3TD’s. Came pretty close to my prediction! 2 things I didn’t predict however was the 64 yards running, and unfortunately the couple of interceptions against him (I really didn’t see this coming he hadn’t thrown many picks all year). Still had a damn good game, sucks the defense couldn’t close it out for him.

Reactions: ADV1
414 yards passing with 3TD’s. Came pretty close to my prediction! 2 things I didn’t predict however was the 64 yards running, and unfortunately the couple of interceptions against him (I really didn’t see this coming he hadn’t thrown many picks all year). Still had a damn good game, sucks the defense couldn’t close it out for him.
Not sure he has thrown against many DBs with Benning's quickness and nose for the ball this year. I think Zane threw away from Benning most of the 2nd half. I guaranty he knew where Benning was after the first couple.

Reactions: Nate004
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT