ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits…

Would they still come if Tony White gets a head coaching job in December?
funny-or-die-will-ferrell.gif

" No worries if you want to leave Tony, but did we mention we are bumping you up to $2.4 million a year?"
$3M. Maybe more. Highest paid is 2.05M but we are guarding against him leaving to be a HC. As our Defense continues to look dominant, a desperate aTm type of school will make a run at him as a $2.5M def coord. Or a school could try to pay him $3M as a HC

He’s worth every bit as much as a 5 star recruit that we might have to pay a Mill for.

So make white so high paid that other schools don’t even consider him.

With what we make as a university, the money isn’t an issue. And it’s not like we wouldn’t have to pay his replacement a bunch too. And that would be a dice roll.

$3M. Maybe more.

He’s worth every bit as much as a 5 star recruit that we might have to pay a Mill for.

So make white so high paid that other schools don’t even consider him.

With what we make as a university, the money isn’t an issue. And it’s not like we wouldn’t have to pay his replacement a bunch too. And that would be a dice roll.
Quick, drunken research shows $2.1 million for the highest paid coordinator. Could be wrong.

Quick, drunken research shows $2.1 million for the highest paid coordinator. Could be wrong.
You are correct. I noted that in my post. We are guarding against other schools taking him as HC.

And that rate is easily $3M for a garbage school. The South Carolinas and Houston’s of the world pay around $6M.

Tony White shouldn’t accept an offer from a school that only pays their HC 3 mil. He should get a P4 HC offer and almost all pay well north of that. The jobs that don’t, he shouldn’t want. All we can do is make sure he is fully empowered and paid handsomely, and hope he feels the market isn’t quite right this next offseason.

You are correct. I noted that in my post. We are guarding against other schools taking him as HC.

And that rate is easily $3M for a garbage school. The South Carolinas and Houston’s of the world pay around $6M.
If we are still talking about these amounts of money for Tony White at the end of the year, that will mean that we are most definitely better than 8-4. So having to bring out the checkbook to keep him only means we have over achieved this year.

If we are still talking about these amounts of money for Tony White at the end of the year, that will mean that we are most definitely better than 8-4. So having to bring out the checkbook to keep him only means we have over achieved this year.
Or we are 8-4 because of our defense. Could be very much like last year where satterfield craps the bed and white

Last night, whites D scored as many points in the first half as Satterfields O did in the second. Think about that for a second.

Or we are 8-4 because of our defense. Could be very much like last year where satterfield craps the bed and white

Last night, whites D scored as many points in the first half as Satterfields O did in the second. Think about that for a second.
I would be more concerned about our second-half performance if we called the same game in the second half that we did the first half… We were up big enough that it was obvious that we went conservative. Now you can complain about going conservative, but you can’t complain about the results. We still won going away. imagine if we would’ve tried pushing the ball down field and had some interceptions… The last thing we needed was for there to be a shift in momentum for Colorado. Our defense was lights out, and we never gave them a chance to come back.

I would be more concerned about our second-half performance if we called the same game in the second half that we did the first half… We were up big enough that it was obvious that we went conservative. Now you can complain about going conservative, but you can’t complain about the results. We still won going away. imagine if we would’ve tried pushing the ball down field and had some interceptions… The last thing we needed was for there to be a shift in momentum for Colorado. Our defense was lights out, and we never gave them a chance to come back.
People will always complain about something. No sense in going crazy and letting them back in. CU knew that. They adjusted. The officiating was criminal bad when they ignore Nash getting mauled all night and pick and choose to call back every big play on offense in the 2nd half.

Bottom line is everyone on here would have taken a 28-10 win if I asked them over the summer.

People will always complain about something. No sense in going crazy and letting them back in. CU knew that. They adjusted. The officiating was criminal bad when they ignore Nash getting mauled all night and pick and choose to call back every big play on offense in the 2nd half.

Bottom line is everyone on here would have taken a 28-10 win if I asked them over the summer.
CU worked hard to negate the run game in the second half and NU’s play calling approach was to minimize risk and protect the lead. The refs killed whatever game flow that threatened to break out. That all adds up to a very unexciting second-half for NU on the offensive side of the ball. The D just kept balling out.

Satter derangement syndrome ^

Cant enjoy a win, comical
I loved the win. But I also have the ability to see something good and try to figure out why it isn’t great. Just like the book says, the enemy of “great” is “good”. If things are good most humans don’t do the things needed to be great because they are complacent and satisfied with “good”.

When I see Tony White I see a coach that has a historic record of greatness. I see a coach that has taken over defenses and changed them for the better immediately.

Rhule has that same track record. He takes over programs and they win more in year two and win an insane amount in year 3.

When you look at Satterfields record it’s abysmal. Truly. His teams average in the lower half of NCAA rankings historically year in and year out.

Tony White is elite.
Matt Rhule is elite at program turnarounds

satterfield is completely average historically. Even with a 5 star QB he was average. He had one huge game against Tennessee and that salvaged that year.

It's great to still have a few rational thinkers left on the board. Congrats on being one of them.

I loved the win. But I also have the ability to see something good and try to figure out why it isn’t great. Just like the book says, the enemy of “great” is “good”. If things are good most humans don’t do the things needed to be great because they are complacent and satisfied with “good”.

When I see Tony White I see a coach that has a historic record of greatness. I see a coach that has taken over defenses and changed them for the better immediately.

Rhule has that same track record. He takes over programs and they win more in year two and win an insane amount in year 3.

When you look at Satterfields record it’s abysmal. Truly. His teams average in the lower half of NCAA rankings historically year in and year out.

Tony White is elite.

satterfield is completely average historically. Even with a 5 star QB he was average. He had one huge game against Tennessee and that salvaged that year.
I get what you are saying but there was nothing to be gained from doing anything differently on offense in the 2nd half. Our defense was literally beating the shit out of them. He actually had a bunch of good play calls that were just missed or called back on bs flags.

We didn’t win “going away”. That means you won with a foot on the gas. We got up by 28 and they scored the last 10.

I am a but concerned about the second half. Honestly though the penalties probably took 2 TDs off the board. Had we scored 42 in the contest it looks a lot better.

Where I was concerned was the lack of down field attempts later in the game. I was concerned about the “in the box” manner in which we tried attacking their defense in the second half.

I get what you are saying but there was nothing to be gained from doing anything differently on offense in the 2nd half. Our defense was literally beating the shit out of them. He actually had a bunch of good play calls that were just missed or called back on bs flags.

Our defense suffered every time we went to a 3 man front in the second half. That irritated me. White went conservative. Should have continued the four man front and occasional 5th on blitzes.

If shadeur has time he beats you as his WRs are very talented. If he doesn’t have time he is quite inaccurate.

Reactions: timnsun and Dylman
That game was one of the most stoked I have been in years! Absolutely electric! I hope the recruits saw that this is easily a top 5 difficult to play in stadium when we are at our best. We were at our top game! Was one of the loudest I got to hear since OU in '09

Reactions: Sinomatic
We didn’t win “going away”. That means you won with a foot on the gas. We got up by 28 and they scored the last 10.

I am a but concerned about the second half. Honestly though the penalties probably took 2 TDs off the board. Had we scored 42 in the contest it looks a lot better.

Where I was concerned was the lack of down field attempts later in the game. I was concerned about the “in the box” manner in which we tried attacking their defense in the second half.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of our TDs that was called back was because of a phantom holding call on Juedy or one of the other Olinemen. Replay, color guys and their rules guru all said, "Yah, nah."

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Our defense suffered every time we went to a 3 man front in the second half. That irritated me. White went conservative. Should have continued the four man front and occasional 5th on blitzes.

If shadeur has time he beats you as his WRs are very talented. If he doesn’t have time he is quite inaccurate.
What is to be gained from that? Complimentary football is the key to winning games. Make them earn it while milking the clock on offense. I like winning.

Reactions: timnsun

Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

Reactions: Truewooper
Lol they scored as many TDs as UTEP! And their only TD was after a blocked punt and personal foul. It was a 7 point spread. There were more penalties than Colorado rushing yards. We dominated them, the game was over by halftime. The reason we didn't feel like it was over was because we Husker fans have been burned so many times. 28-10! 10 points on a team with 3 legitimate NFL players on offense.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Lol they scored as many TDs as UTEP! And their only TD was after a blocked punt and personal foul. It was a 7 point spread. There were more penalties than Colorado rushing yards. We dominated them, the game was over by halftime. The reason we didn't feel like it was over was because we Husker fans have been burned so many times. 28-10! 10 points on a team with 3 legitimate NFL players on offense.
Sheduer stats: 244 yds 1 td 1 pick six. Worst of his career?

Shadeur really beat us with his measley one touchdown? Again we brought 3, with a chipping back they could double-team our entire pass rush. Still beat 'em. We crushed the spread. We won in pretty convincing fashion. Stuff to work on? Sure. But enjoy the win my friend.

Shadeur really beat us with his measley one touchdown? Again we brought 3, with a chipping back they could double-team our entire pass rush. Still beat 'em. We crushed the spread. We won in pretty convincing fashion. Stuff to work on? Sure. But enjoy the win my friend.
This is like a Dr pepper commercial with some people on here. I think Shedeur's prop line was 320 or 340 yards and 2.5 pass td. So we held a 1st round qb to 100 under his o/u while being up over 20 at half. And then sitting back and letting them try and dink and dunk down the field the entire 2nd half. Unheard of.

Tony White is elite.

Was never high on the Satterfield hire. I live in South Carolina and actually watch a lot of Gamecocks football. He was not a good OC there and they were glad we hired him away.

I didn't hold last year against him here. I gave him a clean slate and will judge him for what he does here..Last year was a wash due to what he had to work with.

I liked how he looked game one. Last night I didn't think he called a good game.

Holla

Reactions: Dylman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT