ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits…

Would they still come if Tony White gets a head coaching job in December?
funny-or-die-will-ferrell.gif

" No worries if you want to leave Tony, but did we mention we are bumping you up to $2.4 million a year?"
$3M. Maybe more. Highest paid is 2.05M but we are guarding against him leaving to be a HC. As our Defense continues to look dominant, a desperate aTm type of school will make a run at him as a $2.5M def coord. Or a school could try to pay him $3M as a HC

He’s worth every bit as much as a 5 star recruit that we might have to pay a Mill for.

So make white so high paid that other schools don’t even consider him.

With what we make as a university, the money isn’t an issue. And it’s not like we wouldn’t have to pay his replacement a bunch too. And that would be a dice roll.

$3M. Maybe more.

He’s worth every bit as much as a 5 star recruit that we might have to pay a Mill for.

So make white so high paid that other schools don’t even consider him.

With what we make as a university, the money isn’t an issue. And it’s not like we wouldn’t have to pay his replacement a bunch too. And that would be a dice roll.
Quick, drunken research shows $2.1 million for the highest paid coordinator. Could be wrong.

Quick, drunken research shows $2.1 million for the highest paid coordinator. Could be wrong.
You are correct. I noted that in my post. We are guarding against other schools taking him as HC.

And that rate is easily $3M for a garbage school. The South Carolinas and Houston’s of the world pay around $6M.

Tony White shouldn’t accept an offer from a school that only pays their HC 3 mil. He should get a P4 HC offer and almost all pay well north of that. The jobs that don’t, he shouldn’t want. All we can do is make sure he is fully empowered and paid handsomely, and hope he feels the market isn’t quite right this next offseason.

You are correct. I noted that in my post. We are guarding against other schools taking him as HC.

And that rate is easily $3M for a garbage school. The South Carolinas and Houston’s of the world pay around $6M.
If we are still talking about these amounts of money for Tony White at the end of the year, that will mean that we are most definitely better than 8-4. So having to bring out the checkbook to keep him only means we have over achieved this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT