ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits…

Was never high on the Satterfield hire. I live in South Carolina and actually watch a lot of Gamecocks football. He was not a good OC there and they were glad we hired him away.

I didn't hold last year against him here. I gave him a clean slate and will judge him for what he does here..Last year was a wash due to what he had to work with.

I liked how he looked game one. Last night I didn't think he called a good game.

Holla
I disagree. There were what 3 plays? That would have either been touchdowns or setup in the RZ. The bigger problem is Special Teams. What is going on with that. We have some Beamer like plays and we are returning punts. But our coverage team was meh and we are missing chip shot FGs.

I loved the win. But I also have the ability to see something good and try to figure out why it isn’t great. Just like the book says, the enemy of “great” is “good”. If things are good most humans don’t do the things needed to be great because they are complacent and satisfied with “good”.

When I see Tony White I see a coach that has a historic record of greatness. I see a coach that has taken over defenses and changed them for the better immediately.

Rhule has that same track record. He takes over programs and they win more in year two and win an insane amount in year 3.

When you look at Satterfields record it’s abysmal. Truly. His teams average in the lower half of NCAA rankings historically year in and year out.

Tony White is elite.
Matt Rhule is elite at program turnarounds

satterfield is completely average historically. Even with a 5 star QB he was average. He had one huge game against Tennessee and that salvaged that year.
I don’t care about his previous track record at other schools. With that mindset Bob Diaco would’ve lasted more than 1-2 years here since he has a “great stint” as Notre Dame as a DC…..

Nebraska did not a have D1 qb on its roster last year so throw that year out period. This year with a 19 year freshman we are 2-0 and will be surprised if we’re not 7-0 heading to Ohio State. Dylan has said on record how he holds Satter in high regard and wouldn’t have come here if he though he was “ok”.

Time to relax and enjoy the journey.

I disagree. There were what 3 plays? That would have either been touchdowns or setup in the RZ. The bigger problem is Special Teams. What is going on with that. We have some Beamer like plays and we are returning punts. But our coverage team was meh and we are missing chip shot FGs.

I definitely worry about our special teams as well. If we can kick off in the end zone we absolutely should. I'd put more athletes on the coverage team as well.

We can definitely agree to disagree o. The Satterfield take.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT