ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

TruHusker

Head Coach
Sep 21, 2001
Reading the articles on Husker targets and started getting a feed on my FB about tOSU, not sure why but some interesting reads. I know it is very early and everything is messed up by the current state of things but a few things stood out.

tOSU is killing it right now. https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2021/all-teams/football

Florida and Clemson are right up there with North Carolina making some headway. Iowa (was sure everyone would want to know this one) is at 8 commits.

Alabama is at # 54 with one commit.

Even though VERY early but tOSU came on strong once it got started, apparently there was concern about losing a spot.

Has to be an interesting time to be recruiting and I wonder how this year is going to shake out for the Huskers. None of this means much except I do think the top teams do have an advantage by securing the commits this early.

And yes, I am home and bored.

Reading the articles on Husker targets and started getting a feed on my FB about tOSU, not sure why but some interesting reads. I know it is very early and everything is messed up by the current state of things but a few things stood out.

tOSU is killing it right now. https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2021/all-teams/football

Florida and Clemson are right up there with North Carolina making some headway. Iowa (was sure everyone would want to know this one) is at 8 commits.

Alabama is at # 54 with one commit.

Even though VERY early but tOSU came on strong once it got started, apparently there was concern about losing a spot.

Has to be an interesting time to be recruiting and I wonder how this year is going to shake out for the Huskers. None of this means much except I do think the top teams do have an advantage by securing the commits this early.

And yes, I am home and bored.

I know it is always an important thing but I see distance from home being a bigger factor in the near future

The local talent ,or,five hundred mile etc talent, is fairly decent, and may change a few minds.
While this may hurt us some, having decent alternatives, it could be much worse.

Reactions: WHCSC
I know it is always an important thing but I see distance from home being a bigger factor in the near future
I had the same thought. I expect it will be very difficult for us to recruit distant talent this cycle unless we're able to conduct official visits by fall. I'm not optimistic about that. It is what it is and if we are hurt by it this year, we'll have to make hay next year.

Reactions: WHCSC
Remember, in these heightened concerns, having a staff that are as real as real gets will go a long long ways.
And the kids from those families will likely have the right mindset to get everything they can from this staff.

While some may think it's too far, some want higher or more limelight, others may change their minds sitting on the fence too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT