ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting versus coaching

lahusker01

Blackshirt
Oct 10, 2003
There's a lot of debating some of the coaching staff right now. Thinking about defense in particular, the line is so bad it's really hard to tell how good/bad coaching is. The whole scheme seems to revolve around getting by with how bad our line performance. We need better players.
Sometimes in all sports you'll see popular coach get hired by a school. The fans get excited for the new guy. Huggins at WV (BB) or Petino at Louisville (BB) even Calapari at Memphis-sorry all basketball examples. Anyways, the first thing you notice is they sign a top recruit. When Calapari went to Memphis, he immediately signed Derrick Rose. I think I can win a lot of college games with Derik Rose. So how much is coaching versus recruiting with a big name coach. Obviously, those guys can coach but always seem to get a talent first and almost immediately. How good do you think good coaches would look without talent? Would your favorite choice for defensive coordinator do well with our current defense of line situation? Or, would anyone need to recruit better to succeed with our roster?
I know the answer is anyone would think we need immediate recruiting help but how much better could someone else do w/ our current players? Some want Banker gone but how much better can anyone do here?? Just a discussion point...
I lean towards recruiting vs coaching in this system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News