ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates 2023-24

That 90 year knows a thing or 2 about football. Only a dipshit wouldn't take the time to listen to him.

But still wouldn't be a top ten team.
Not yet anyway. Right now defenses see the same stuff everyday in practice and games because you can turn on the TV and most teams are running basically the same offense. Give them something totally different to prepare for and they'll have big time trouble

Yeah, because nothing says success like a 90 year-old guy's opinion who hasn't won at anything football related in 25 years. And nothing says top 10 in the nation over the last 25 years like option football. Can't believe nobody's cracked that code yet.
They seem to love a certain play TO taught them. First time they ran it, it went for 6 to Coleman. Tried to run it again yesterday but the D-Back was smart enough just to eat a PI

Not yet anyway. Right now defenses see the same stuff everyday in practice and games because you can turn on the TV and most teams are running basically the same offense. Give them something totally different to prepare for and they'll have big time trouble
Tom always referred to his offense as kind of a “shell game” and that’s what made it so hard to defend. Even when we ran between the tackles, you weren’t really expecting it. He understood we would never have the overall talent level of some of the big name schools, but give him a QB that could actually run the option well (see Scott Frost, I.e.) and a solid running back core, they were dangerous. Yes, I’m sure he would have evolved too—probably mixing in more pass plays but 99.9999% that “old” legend knows what he’s talking about. GBR.

Yeah, because nothing says success like a 90 year-old guy's opinion who hasn't won at anything football related in 25 years. And nothing says top 10 in the nation over the last 25 years like option football. Can't believe nobody's cracked that code yet.
Yeah, ya don’t disrespect TO on this board, like Ever. His Word has the value equivalent to wood from the Cross of Christ, lol…

They seem to love a certain play TO taught them. First time they ran it, it went for 6 to Coleman. Tried to run it again yesterday but the D-Back was smart enough just to eat a PI
That play has to be in the back of every DC's mind that we play from here on out. Twice to Coleman. Now figure out a way to switch to Lloyd and we might be half a step faster than with Coleman.

Reactions: solarpanels
That play has to be in the back of every DC's mind that we play from here on out. Twice to Coleman. Now figure out a way to switch to Lloyd and we might be half a step faster than with Coleman.
our offense is more dynamic than every offense in our division and probably half the east

it's nothing like anyone else runs

tough to gameplan for

Satt kind of lost his feel for it in the 2nd half but that last drive was a thing of beauty and kudos to the OL for getting that last 3rd and short prior to EJ's TD run

In time, Rhule's preference for taking high upside two stars earlier in the process and develop them will prove to be much more effective than taking Frost's strategy of taking 4 star players late in the process who other schools didn't want.
Are those the only two options? We aren't allowed to get some super stars?

our offense is more dynamic than every offense in our division and probably half the east

tough to gameplan for
I openly admit I haven't watched Iowa this year, because I enjoy my life. But I have seen every other west team. We do indeed have the most potential. We are young and growing. With athletes. And we just added a ton of speed outside.

I openly admit I haven't watched Iowa this year, because I enjoy my life. But I have seen every other west team. We do indeed have the most potential. We are young and growing. With athletes. And we just added a ton of speed outside.
you haven't missed anything

iowa fans are openly expressing their envy of our offense on this board for a reason

Took you a full day to post about the game… still peeved about Rhule winning, huh? A bunch of other coaches and you would be in here celebrating. But not Rhule.
That's all you have to say? Just because I'm not a Rhule guy doesn't mean I'm not rooting for Nebraska. I've stated repeatedly I hope we win 10 titles, unlike other people around here I don't care how we do it, just that we do it.

That's all you have to say? Just because I'm not a Rhule guy doesn't mean I'm not rooting for Nebraska. I've stated repeatedly I hope we win 10 titles, unlike other people around here I don't care how we do it, just that we do it.
You’ve been incredibly outspoken about your feelings for Rhule. And you aren’t gonna give him credit for instilling a toughness and a fold attitude? 4 TOs yesterday, and a 17 point victory. But nothing to say about that?

I get it, you hope we win 10 titles, but I get the sense you won’t be happy about it if it’s Rhule. Something personal we don’t know about?

Reactions: JOHNNY N

tough to gameplan for

Satt kind of lost his feel for it in the 2nd half but that last drive was a thing of beauty and kudos to the OL for getting that last 3rd and short prior to EJ's TD run
Frankly, I could less how "dynamic" it is, whatever that means. Right now "I" would call it serviceable against teams without winning records.

Given the injuries, there has to be some grace there. I don't expect Sats envisioned this at the start of fall camp.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I'm happy and stuff, but 49.2? Does he have some AI witchcraft going that comes up with decimal points?
Snowwhite Witch GIF - Snowwhite Witch Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

It's just a gut feel not based on any facts. But I wonder if the reason Brix has not committed any where yet is because he'd actually like to go to Nebraska BUT he wants to first see how how Rhule is doing this season and if he can have confidence that Rhule will turn Nebraska's fortunes around.

Are those the only two options? We aren't allowed to get some super stars?
You’re talking about the top priority. But the key is knowing when to move on. I’ve followed recruiting for a long time. Momentum is important. There’s no point to keep going after a kid after he’s made it clear that he’s not coming.

It's just a gut feel not based on any facts. But I wonder if the reason Brix has not committed any where yet is because he'd actually like to go to Nebraska BUT he wants to first see how how Rhule is doing this season and if he can have confidence that Rhule will turn Nebraska's fortunes around.

FWIW, OU was at Brix's game Friday night

Brix was in Lincoln on Saturday

(I do think he is supposed to be at the OU vs WVU game, however)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT