ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates 2023-24

Need to move on from this kid. The development of the program is more important than one great player.
If he commits to NU? Great. If not, we roll with Sims or Casey for a year. Find a guy in the portal and move on to Stone Saunders next year. Like Matt said. "We are going to win". "Come be a part of it."

Last edited:
If he commits to NU? Great. If not, we roll with Sims or Casey for a year. Find a guy in the portal and move on to Stone Saunders next year. Like Matt said. "We are going to win". Come be a part of it."
Exactly. There are 6 scholarship QBs right now. I’m sure that will go down, but we still have a bunch of potential guys there. And we have been able to get two starting level QBs in the portal, back to back. I’m not sure we need to get a QB this cycle.

Exactly. There are 6 scholarship QBs right now. I’m sure that will go down, but we still have a bunch of potential guys there. And we have been able to get two starting level QBs in the portal, back to back. I’m not sure we need to get a QB this cycle.
Nebraska. The fans and coaching staff has done everything to try to get Dylan here. If he wants to play at Georgia or USC? Wish him the best and move on.

If he commits to NU? Great. If not, we roll with Sims or Casey for a year. Find a guy in the portal and move on to Stone Saunders next year. Like Matt said. "We are going to win". Come be a part of it."
100%. I’d love to land Dylan, but not really worried at all if we don’t.
Just the attention and much needed momentum he has brought, along with the other high profile visitors, still helps us in my opinion.

However, Rhule needs to land quality talent and build a class that can get the job done.
Visits are great, but in the end, you gotta put guys on the field that can play in this league.

That's awesome. I wasn't sure if he was just such a nice kid that he was just saying nice things about NU to be polite. No doubt these coaches will stay after him.
I think the fact he brought his parents with him made a huge impact. His mom loved the academics side of NU. I think we have a legit shot to land Nate.

Last edited:
Ainsworth Regional Airport. 😁Does it still have grass runways?????
giphy.gif

Need to move on from this kid. The development of the program is more important than one great player.

You don't just 'move on' from the #1 QB in the class if you're in his final 3 or 4. You run the race to completion. Sure you can reach out to other prospects but 'moving on' would be monumentally stupid. Even if you don't get him but he shows up for an OV, you're likely to get other prospects on campus just from him showing up that may decide Nebraska is the place for them. They may have only showed up initially because Dylan was interested but now you've got them on your campus and the door has been creaked ever so slightly open.

You don't just 'move on' from the #1 QB in the class if you're in his final 3 or 4. You run the race to completion. Sure you can reach out to other prospects but 'moving on' would be monumentally stupid. Even if you don't get him but he shows up for an OV, you're likely to get other prospects on campus just from him showing up that may decide Nebraska is the place for them. They may have only showed up initially because Dylan was interested but now you've got them on your campus and the door has been creaked ever so slightly open.
This.

Guys like Nate Frazier and the OT from his same school came and were wowed more then they expected… I’m not sure they would have visited without DR coming in for a visit. Maybe they would have, I don’t know… but his presence sure helped.

If he commits to NU? Great. If not, we roll with Sims or Casey for a year. Find a guy in the portal and move on to Stone Saunders next year. Like Matt said. "We are going to win". "Come be a part of it."
IMO we got the signal, Dylan is gone as far as Nebraska is concerned. He apparently gave Nebraska the word that they're out of it and now Nebraska is after another 2024 QB, the kid currently committed to South Carolina. Not good news but I'm glad that there's apparently a resolution. Maybe we'll see him again some day in the portal.

IMO we got the signal, Dylan is gone as far as Nebraska is concerned. He apparently gave Nebraska the word that they're out of it and now Nebraska is after another 2024 QB, the kid currently committed to South Carolina. Not good news but I'm glad that there's apparently a resolution. Maybe we'll see him again some day in the portal.
Or he's just trolling the Fong to screw with his 100 percent number and signs with NU!! 😌

Or he's just trolling the Fong to screw with his 100 percent number and signs with NU!! 😌
I really wish that were the case BUT I just don't think his Dad would allow him to screw with Rhule. When Rhule starts recruiting a different 2024 QB, that's it. I don't like the outcome for sure but I'm glad they're no longer stringing Nebraska along.

I think you stay positive and keep recruiting DR. If we have a pleasantly surprising season, we might still have a shot. You can still recruit plan B. If somehow DR wants N, there will be room and our plan B isn’t going to concern him.

The other thing you have to consider with regards to Dylan is the transfer portal. Maybe he does commit to UGA but that doesn't mean the door is forever closed. You recruit him to the best of your ability and let the chips fall where they may. The key is to have a great relationship even if he goes elsewhere because the transfer portal is such a wild card. We've seen other top QB prospects - Justin Fields, Quinn Ewers among others, go to a school for a year or two and then transfer. So don't burn the bridge even if he goes elsewhere.

The other thing you have to consider with regards to Dylan is the transfer portal. Maybe he does commit to UGA but that doesn't mean the door is forever closed. You recruit him to the best of your ability and let the chips fall where they may. The key is to have a great relationship even if he goes elsewhere because the transfer portal is such a wild card. We've seen other top QB prospects - Justin Fields, Quinn Ewers among others, go to a school for a year or two and then transfer. So don't burn the bridge even if he goes elsewhere.
I don't think anybody needs to worry about Rhule burning any bridges with any recruits and especially Dylan. They're still going to continue recruiting him but in a more subdued fashion in case he should change his mind or, as has been speculated, enters the transfer portal in a year or two. They're just going to go after other QBs for 2024 now. Naturally there will always be a spot for Dylan at Nebraska if he ever changes his mind and both he and his Dad know that.

100%. I’d love to land Dylan, but not really worried at all if we don’t.
Just the attention and much needed momentum he has brought, along with the other high profile visitors, still helps us in my opinion.

However, Rhule needs to land quality talent and build a class that can get the job done.
Visits are great, but in the end, you gotta put guys on the field that can play in this league.
I would love to see Dylan commit to Nebraska.
Not over yet!!!

Reactions: HominidHusker
Meh. I don't think we've gotten any signals. Georgia has turned up the pressure because that QB from Georgia committed to Tennessee. I think Rhule is keeping our options open with the other QB but I don't think we're aggressively pursuing him. I believe Rhule was hoping Dylan would commit this past visit but when he didn't Rhule probably thought "well I better keep communication open with another guy". This deal is far from over.

Your opinion is wrong

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC and SkerInCo
Yeah I don't see why we need a high school QB this class, if we don't get DR. Sims has 2 more years of eligibility, and if he doesn't perform well this year, you can always find another guy in the transfer portal.

Meh. I don't think we've gotten any signals. Georgia has turned up the pressure because that QB from Georgia committed to Tennessee. I think Rhule is keeping our options open with the other QB but I don't think we're aggressively pursuing him. I believe Rhule was hoping Dylan would commit this past visit but when he didn't Rhule probably thought "well I better keep communication open with another guy". This deal is far from over.
We need to land Dylan for sure. Screw Georgia. We need this top QB hell of alot more than Georgia

Are you thinking he'll be here for the Spring game? That will be another clue.

Are you thinking he'll be here for the Spring game? That will be another clue.
Sean Callahan already said he wasnt coming for our spring game or Ducks... hes heavy into his HS team preparring for this season.. he has been to NU at least 6 times. Might still be in line for an official. A lot of people said it was over when he committed to tosu and look what happened there . Like others have said its far from over.

Sean Callahan already said he wasnt coming for our spring game or Ducks... hes heavy into his HS team preparring for this season.. he has been to NU at least 6 times. Might still be in line for an official. A lot of people said it was over when he committed to tosu and look what happened there . Like others have said its far from over.
It seems Dylan’s schedule changes from week to week. I read Callahan’s report too.

It’s Over!

Why? Why do you feel recruiting Raiola and the development of the program are mutually exclusive? Did you see the other high flying recruits on campus? Rhule and Co. are attacking recruiting with no signs of letting up. Push it to the limit. #banishthebetavibes

Reactions: SomedayHusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT