ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting updates 2023-24

Sounds good, I'd like to see it proven over the season that he's the legit #2 CB and not just the 2nd best we have.
Pretty sure the point is, worst case he’s the second best we have, that means OldJar complained about a recruit who will be a day one starter. OldJar, who can tell by watching 30 seconds of film (he has said this himself somewhere on this board) whether a player is good enough to bring in or not.

His post didn’t age well.

Last time I checked Blye won’t be trying to hand off and throw passes. If he can cover our WRs he can handle other P5 WRs. Just admit you were wrong.
Haven't seen him in a spring game let alone a P5 game. I'm not going to admit jackshit at this point.

Sounds good, I'd like to see it proven over the season that he's the legit #2 CB and not just the 2nd best we have.

Pretty sure the point is, worst case he’s the second best we have, that means OldJar complained about a recruit who will be a day one starter. OldJar, who can tell by watching 30 seconds of film (he has said this himself somewhere on this board) whether a player is good enough to bring in or not.

His post didn’t age well.
I'll go with what GBRforLife1 said. We lost a lot of talent at the position. Is Hill a legit P5 corner or just a guy that we had to start because noone else is stepping up? Until we actually field a winning team, I'm not going to take anything for granted.

I'll go with what GBRforLife1 said. We lost a lot of talent at the position. Is Hill a legit P5 corner or just a guy that we had to start because noone else is stepping up? Until we actually field a winning team, I'm not going to take anything for granted.
There's such a huge group of young talent at the position that I'm sure whoever wins the job will be up to the task. Don't care who it is but I think they'll be good.

Reactions: SantaBarbaraSker
Every coach looks at a QB with raw physical talent and thinks he can fix his mistakes. It happens all the time in the NFL and rarely works. My problem was I believed the camp hype on Sims. I hadn’t watched any video of him at GT. 😕. His problem I believe was between his ears.
Exactly, hex was never that bad at GT. And I don’t want to hear the competition ( big vs ACC ) BS . He only played 2 games before he was pulled. He simply couldn’t handle the pressure of being QB1 at a place like Nebraska.

Exactly, hex was never that bad at GT. And I don’t want to hear the competition ( big vs ACC ) BS . He only played 2 games before he was pulled. He simply couldn’t handle the pressure of being QB1 at a place like Nebraska.
LOL, I'm over Sims and don't need to hear any more about him. Time to move on to 2024!

Reactions: BleedRed78
It sure looked that way. He seems like a good guy. I hope he finds success.

Not to pile on the kid…but he was “that bad” at GT.
In three seasons 30 TDs - 23 INTs.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Not to pile on the kid…but he was “that bad” at GT.
In three seasons 30 TDs - 23 INTs.

He improved every year.half of his interceptions happened as a freshman. He was not great. But Rhule was in a hurry and took the recommendation of a friend and his old coach Goeff Collins . His measurables were great.but between the ears he was not.and you aren’t going to know that by watching film. That’s where the recommendation comes in: all that said I believe his biggest issue was the pressure factor.

He improved every year.half of his interceptions happened as a freshman. He was not great. But Rhule was in a hurry and took the recommendation of a friend and his old coach Goeff Collins . His measurables were great.but between the ears he was not.and you aren’t going to know that by watching film. That’s where the recommendation comes in: all that said I believe his biggest issue was the pressure factor.

Oh, I definitely agree that Rhule was sold a bill of goods. Would’ve likely been far better off, making sure he retained CT. However, Sims did not improve year over year. His touchdown to interception ratio in year, two & three were 12–7 & 5-3 respectively. Doesn’t exactly exude competence at the position.

Last edited:
Reactions: GBRforLife1
Oh, I definitely agree that Rhule was sold a bill of goods. Would’ve likely been far better off, making sure he retained CT. However, Sims did not improve year over year. His touchdown to interception ratio in year, two & three at 12–7 & 5-3 respectively.

To truly appreciate what Sims brought to the team, you have to consider his ratio of fumbles to anytime he touched the ball.

Why don't you just watch 30 seconds of his film and tell us how you think he'll do?

Not really. They need to be fed twice a day. They form cliques and attack each other. And they spit. I have a friend who raises them for wool in Virginia and he is a slave to them with the twice a day feeding.
You might be thinking of llamas instead of alpacas. Llamas are more aggressive.

As for feeding, I don’t know. I do know I have to feed my dog twice a day and that’s not much of a burden.

You might be thinking of llamas instead of alpacas. Llamas are more aggressive.

As for feeding, I don’t know. I do know I have to feed my dog twice a day and that’s not much of a burden.

You know I never thought about it before, but I bet feeding one dog twice a day is very similar to feeding 100 Alpacas twice a day.

gq17e.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT