ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic possibilities

shocksker

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2014
Id assume with the dead period started and signing day a day away we have 0 more surprises. With that said anyone have a list of HS or Portal guys we have a realistic chance at? Not quotes from May but real info.

It seems we could still get Shavers, Tarver, and Blye

I think that’s it unless we get a portal guy later

Personally I’d love another RB or LB
We are at 96 scholarships.. I believe 97 after Shavers officially announces. Are Hill and Tarver really worth going 14 over for? I do not know much about them, so explain why they deserve to push us that far over the limit?

• Haha
Reactions: shocksker
I think the most realistic possibilities are those two linebackers who just visited.
1 of them yes, Williams is going to Oregon or they will be shook. Only program I have ties to inside AD and I asked. Theyll be shocked if he isnt Oregon. But they were very surprised at the visit so there is hope

Reactions: BleedRed78
There is a huge talent gap right now between Nebraska and the top-tier programs in the Big Ten. We need to sign every elite recruit we can, and figure out the numbers later. The days of allowing receivers on the roster who can't catch a pass are over. Every single player needs to earn their scholarship every single day. No exceptions.

There is a huge talent gap right now between Nebraska and the top-tier programs in the Big Ten. We need to sign every elite recruit we can, and figure out the numbers later. The days of allowing receivers on the roster who can't catch a pass are over. Every single player needs to earn their scholarship every single day. No exceptions.
While true, at several key position Nebraska is accumulating talent as good as the top tier. Malachi, Fidone, Raiola, Kaelin, Brix, Taumua, Barney, Hall, Flynt, Mcgahee, Shavers, Bell, Princewill, Gottola, Lenhardt,Van Poppel, Sherman, Buford, not too mention Hill Nash, and Ty. There are also kids like Wright that are good fots in Whites scheme.
List is missing RB and depth at IOL,LB, DB. We should be all in on Frazier with NIL. And the many DBs with 2 or 3 years of eligibility.
We arent that far off. Not like Frost we're close but kind of.

We are at 96 scholarships.. I believe 97 after Shavers officially announces. Are Hill and Tarver really worth going 14 over for? I do not know much about them, so explain why they deserve to push us that far over the limit?
No such thing now, apparently. If you looked at our scholly chart after Fall camp we were like 3-4 over and it stayed that way. Not sure how the actual figures were reported to the NCAA but this new NIL seems to make things easier.
Also, IMO most will leave or retire after spring. They don’t need to now, only by next Fall camp.
I am guessing a few guys just want to finish the degree and get another semester of NIL money. Some will also want to see where they stand after spring ball.
It all works out one way or another so I don’t worry.

Your idea of "Elite" must be different than mine. Now if you said "We need to sign every recruit we can" I'd understand what you are saying. We need as many players to try out as possible. I totally agree with that. I don't know if Raiola is going to be elite or Blye Hill will be, but you are going off ratings though Raiola would be "Elite" not sure about Hill and Tarver

976 Nationally rated 3* is not a bad player, but not what I think of as Elite and a must take player to over sign. I will be indifferent whether we get those two or not
image.png

image.png

Last edited:
It seems we could still get Shavers, Tarver, and Blye

I think that’s it unless we get a portal guy later

Personally I’d love another RB or LB
Transfer RB wouldn’t sign tomorrow. We’ve got at least one transfer RB interested.

Id assume with the dead period started and signing day a day away we have 0 more surprises. With that said anyone have a list of HS or Portal guys we have a realistic chance at? Not quotes from May but real info.
I
IS I
Your idea of "Elite" must be different than mine. Now if you said "We need to sign every recruit we can" I'd understand what you are saying. We need as many players to try out as possible. I totally agree with that. I don't know if Raiola is going to be elite or Blye Hill will be, but you are going off ratings though Raiola would be "Elite" not sure about Hill and Tarver

976 Nationally rated 3* is not a bad player, but not what I think of as Elite and a must take player to over sign. I will be indifferent whether we get those two or not
image.png

image.png
Wow, those guys are tiny. They need to be in a weight room for two years before even dreaming of playing major college football.

I assume Cooper knows his room

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT