ADVERTISEMENT

Raiola will transfer at the end of the year

AzRed8

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Excited to have him on our team. However, the offense continues to be a dumpster fire with no end insight. He has a track record of moving from school to school. Played for 3 different High Schools across the country and changed commitment to 3 different colleges.
Why would he stay here with a continued nightmare of an offensive line? He would benefit by transferring to a top school that has a track record of protecting passing QBs. A QB at N has to be an elite scrambler to survive. Sorry, but this will happen just watch it unfold.

• Angry
Reactions: Landomatic
It wouldn’t surprise me, nor would I blame him. I imagine there are plenty of teams out there who’d be able to offer him more (of everything) than this team. So far, he’s regressing this season, and that’s squarely on the coaches.

Its possible, but every bridge for me will be crossed as necessary. Next week first, then whatever else. We would be fools not to at least be aware that the backchannels are being rung by agents, friends, and others

Reactions: Landomatic
Excited to have him on our team. However, the offense continues to be a dumpster fire with no end insight. He has a track record of moving from school to school. Played for 3 different High Schools across the country and changed commitment to 3 different colleges.
Why would he stay here with a continued nightmare of an offensive line? He would benefit by transferring to a top school that has a track record of protecting passing QBs. A QB at N has to be an elite scrambler to survive. Sorry, but this will happen just watch it unfold.
It might be for the best. Sometimes quarterbacks need conditions around them to be perfect in order to succeed. Guys like Kirk cousins who throw the ball beautifully, but fall apart when there’s a little bit of adversity. Quarterback is as much about skill as it is thinking on your feet and making plays out of nothing. That’s an intangible that you cannot coach.

Guessing his dad already has something lined up. Game has changed, he would be stupid to stay here on this sinking ship.

He’s out of our league. Came here to live out his childhood dream. He can move on and then Coach Rhule won’t be stuck with Donnie Raiola at OL coach. Roll out next season with redshirt freshman Danny Kaelin.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Who cares? One person doesn't make a team.

thumbs-down-not-happy.gif

I could understand him staying if we were close, but today’s beating cannot be overstated. If he was my kid I’d be making plans tomorrow.

Reactions: huskerdude88
DR is a Freshman and we should expect Freshman struggles, but he was really, really bad today. He’s not exactly elevating the offense with his play right now either.
I don't think he's getting much help from the coaching staff either. I expected him to struggle against B10 competition but our OL and defense have killed us in our two losses. When is that going to improve?

Reactions: headcard
I won’t ignore the reality of him potentially leaving, but there’s also the conversation with himself (and maybe Dominic)….
“Are you a quitter who bails when things get tough, or are you going to commit to finish what you started and came here to do?”
Redemption is not only found by joining another program.

Having said that, there needs to be a commitment to fix our coaching problems. A clear plan which includes replacing anyone who is not performing at an elite level.

If he leaves Dominic is fired the next day. Saving his uncle's job maybe enough to keep him...The key word maybe. It won't matter though we have no O-Line and no OC so even if we keep him he'll get killed in the B1G.

What is his motivation for showing up for practice tomorrow? Could he just pull the plug now and sit out the rest of the year? He is taking a lot of sacks lately. From a lot of the talk here, seems like the Rhule experiment is over. What's the point of continuing? This is the new college football where all this stuff is fair game right?

Reactions: BleedRed78
At least that would free Nebraska of that albatross Donovan.

But, but, but, the OL was improving so much at the end of last year...still have zero idea what people who said that were looking at. Actually I know...they weren't looking at anything and just listening/reading what they wanted to hear.

SMH...

Reactions: Hford
If he leaves Dominic is fired the next day. Saving his uncle's job maybe enough to keep him...The key word maybe. It won't matter though we have no O-Line and no OC so even if we keep him he'll get killed in the B1G.
Interesting dynamics that one of the things making Dylan’s job really hard is the performance of his uncles position group.

Donovan?

his OL completely sucks... It's sucked for 10+ years. It's a literally a talent issue at this point. We have continued fing issues on the OL and this has been going since before Teddy P was born.

FFS. IDK why NU continues to cheapskate in the lines. You can't do shit without a proper OL.

Throw money at OL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT