ADVERTISEMENT

Raiola to UGA

"If it doesn't work out I Georgia for any reason?"

I have heard this BS on the radio all morning.

I don't speak for Rhule or the university of Nebraska, but for me personally I don't do sloppy seconds.

Here's the Analogy you're going to get...

Rhule and Smart are both trying to win over the same girl. They both take her to the finest restaurants and buy her the nicest gifts. Gives HOURS of their time to get the hand of this girl's heart.

Smart Win's her over because he had the nicer house and car. Then they date for 2 years, and Smart decides to cheat on her, because she isn't performing the way he thought in the bedroom and goes out and started dating another new Chick.

Then that girl calls up Rhule and says hey I see you have a nice new car and house. I had know idea you were going to be that successful. I know you wanted me real bad and exhausted a lot of energy on me, but Smart didn't work out. I'll come to you now ...

Me... I'd say "**** off", I'm doing just fine as it is, and obviously you aren't as good as you thought.

Best of luck to the kid, but if it was my choice (It obviously is not my choice).

If I wasn't good enough the first time. Either you like me or you don't. I don't think I'd take you if you failed elsewhere and tried to come back because your stock dropped.
Dude, you wouldn't take Justin Fields or Joe Burrow?

Here’s the game plan everybody. Flood his socials with positive vibes and overwhelming kindness and support. It overloads his childish brain, goes to Georgia, constantly thinks about how nobody cares about him down there. Thinks about he’s never gonna accomplish as much as Stetson Bennett. Realizes he messed up Boom right into our hands!

he had a chance to do something very few ever are presented with

the easy way out was obviously more attractive to him
His NFL Draft stock is standard deviations better w/ UGA. No amount of ‘legacy’ or NIL money could compensate for the state of our program currently. Maybe it changes with a better coaching staff developing our mediocre talent. We need a f’ing O-Line…

as I mentioned in another thread - we were clawing our way back into the Raiola situation after the tough love shown by Rhule after his most recent visit and the spring game situation as well as coming up with a more competitive NIL deal with Thompson and Mathis off the books

staff visited him in Az and there was talk of setting up another visit to NU following that visit

Georgia was done and made it clear that their NIL deal was contingent on him committing within the week or that money was going to be gradually siphoned off to other prospects - in short each week of delay meant less NIL money

Reactions: BleedRed78
His NFL Draft stock is standard deviations better w/ UGA. No amount of ‘legacy’ or NIL money could compensate for the state of our program currently. Maybe it changes with a better coaching staff developing our mediocre talent. We need a f’ing O-Line…
You have to go back to 2009 to find a UGA quarterback drafted earlier than round 4/5

You have to go back to 2009 to find a UGA quarterback drafted earlier than round 4/5
Yep. They just won back to back NCs with a former walkon which is why they were very comfortable playing hardball with Dylan R. They were more than ready to move on and made it clear in his recruitment

Reactions: BleedRed78
Yep. They just won back to back NCs with a former walkon which is why they were very comfortable playing hardball with Dylan R. They were more than ready to move on and made it clear in his recruitment
Former walkon who, at 25, ran out of eligibility apparently before earning a single degree

Reactions: Redmich
Thing is anybody who reads this board knows I was being cynical. Like yeah, our staff is going to send EVERY COACH to AZ if we didn't want him. But now I'm going viral looking like an idiot. I guess I should take pride in having done a day's work.
they had no real leg to stand on with their post without yours. We all knew your intentions, and I thought it was funny. They could have pulled the 'we were close' guy too and the twitter troglodytes would have slobbered all over that one as well.

Former walkon who, at 25, ran out of eligibility apparently before earning a single degree
Ha...No! Come on, really?

If I remember correctly the NCAA rules (which don't really matter) state that you have to be working/progressing towards a degree. So that you can't just take the same 4 classes over and over.

Which at UNL was

History or Jazz
Geology (rocks for jocks)
Communications class
Some sort of education class.

Reactions: king_kong_
Ha...No! Come on, really?

If I remember correctly the NCAA rules (which don't really matter) state that you have to be working/progressing towards a degree. So that you can't just take the same 4 classes over and over.

Which at UNL was

History or Jazz
Geology (rocks for jocks)
Communications class
Some sort of education class.

How far back you gonna go for us there, lol? Statement stands. He made the correct decision. Our program would’ve nothing but Stain him. Currently. Here’s hoping that changes in our lifetime…

How far back you gonna go for us there, lol? Statement stands. He made the correct decision. Our program would’ve nothing but Stain him. Currently. Here’s hoping that changes in our lifetime…
you stated his draft stock is much higher at UGA. I disagree.

I suspect he's not going there to be a 4th/5th rounder, which is all UGA have produced since 2009.

This is kind of how I see it. Big-time schools like Georgia, Alabama, and Oklahoma can produce NFL quarterbacks, but they are rarely cream of the crop. The only examples I can think of are Jalen Hurts and Joe Burrow. It’s like most of them weren’t tested properly at the collegiate level with superior offensive lines and wide receiver talent which made their jobs significantly easier. Then they get to the NFL and all the talent is elite and comparatively similar. It served as a disguise.

This is kind of how I see it. Big-time schools like Georgia, Alabama, and Oklahoma can produce NFL quarterbacks, but they are rarely cream of the crop. The only examples I can think of are Jalen Hurts and Joe Burrow. It’s like most of them weren’t tested properly at the collegiate level with superior offensive lines and wide receiver talent which made their jobs significantly easier. Then they get to the NFL and all the talent is elite and comparatively similar. It served as a disguise.
I agree look at walk on Stetson at Georgia. Surrounded by studs was a Heisman contender. Would have been interesting to what his production would have been at a place like Nu last year.

Oh my god, I love this!

Dude is totally going to end up with a "UGA Director of Booster Relations" job, isn't he? Where he gets 150K a year to golf, eat lunches and go to happy hour with boosters who want to hear about how a "small town white kid beat out all those big time "other" guys"

He must have watched Davison's Ted Talk

as I mentioned in another thread - we were clawing our way back into the Raiola situation after the tough love shown by Rhule after his most recent visit and the spring game situation as well as coming up with a more competitive NIL deal with Thompson and Mathis off the books

staff visited him in Az and there was talk of setting up another visit to NU following that visit

Georgia was done and made it clear that their NIL deal was contingent on him committing within the week or that money was going to be gradually siphoned off to other prospects - in short each week of delay meant less NIL money
You may be right and don't blame schools for playing hardball

He must have watched Davison's Ted Talk
What an amazing safety net to know he can go out and fail making an NFL team but basically anytime he wants just call up. UGA and say "Yeah, so I am ready for that non-job job? Put me up in a rent free condo. neat the school, give me X amount of dollars a year, all the gear I want, of course you guys pay for my golf, food and bar tabs...and I will help to wrangle up some more donations."

And he will have that non-job job by the end of that day. And he is still young enough to take "full advantage" of it.

What an amazing safety net to know he can go out and fail making an NFL team but basically anytime he wants just call up. UGA and say "Yeah, so I am ready for that non-job job? Put me up in a rent free condo. neat the school, give me X amount of dollars a year, all the gear I want, of course you guys pay for my golf, food and bar tabs...and I will help to wrangle up some more donations."

And he will have that non-job job by the end of that day. And he is still young enough to take "full advantage" of it.
I see what you did there. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT