ADVERTISEMENT

Raiola to UGA

Looking forward to seeing Messsge Board Geniuses finding this thread. 😆

"If it doesn't work out I Georgia for any reason?"

I have heard this BS on the radio all morning.

I don't speak for Rhule or the university of Nebraska, but for me personally I don't do sloppy seconds.

Here's the Analogy you're going to get...

Rhule and Smart are both trying to win over the same girl. They both take her to the finest restaurants and buy her the nicest gifts. Gives HOURS of their time to get the hand of this girl's heart.

Smart Win's her over because he had the nicer house and car. Then they date for 2 years, and Smart decides to cheat on her, because she isn't performing the way he thought in the bedroom and goes out and started dating another new Chick.

Then that girl calls up Rhule and says hey I see you have a nice new car and house. I had know idea you were going to be that successful. I know you wanted me real bad and exhausted a lot of energy on me, but Smart didn't work out. I'll come to you now ...

Me... I'd say "**** off", I'm doing just fine as it is, and obviously you aren't as good as you thought.

Best of luck to the kid, but if it was my choice (It obviously is not my choice).

If I wasn't good enough the first time. Either you like me or you don't. I don't think I'd take you if you failed elsewhere and tried to come back because your stock dropped.
That's essentially what Frost did to Burrow though..."I'm doing just fine as it is." We all know how that turned out. I said this on another thread but the fact remains that at this point the program is NOT above sloppy seconds. We aren't good enough to be above sloppy seconds. If someone else's 2 deep or 3 deep guys are better than ours.....welcome aboard!

May be a blessing in disguise. Means we can attract other qb's for the time being and good chance Raiola will want to transfer out if he's not starting in a couple of years.

That's essentially what Frost did to Burrow though..."I'm doing just fine as it is." We all know how that turned out. I said this on another thread but the fact remains that at this point the program is NOT above sloppy seconds. We aren't good enough to be above sloppy seconds. If someone else's 2 deep or 3 deep guys are better than ours.....welcome aboard!
Weren’t we sloppy seconds for Scott Frost?

That turned out really well for us (as a QB anyway)

Except Nebraska didn't recruit Burrow that hard out of high school. It's all about the energy given IMO. If I was just recruiting the kid to peak thr interest, and didn't put the full court press to still come up short. It would be a little different

Glad it’s finally over and he’s not coming here as a transfer either. Screw him. Let’s focus on a qb that wants to be a Husker. I suspect Donny will be out the door soon unless he miraculously turns the o line around and we can be done with the Raiolas.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerO
Closer than you think..
Sure…..being the tallest midget, guess what you still are….a midget. Not being rude to midgets. Just a figure of speech. 20 other schools were close or saying the same thing on their boards. Other than the last name not sure we were ever really considered other than being professional. If we’re being honest.

I got flak here because I have said all along that he was NEVER going to come here. His Dad and Uncle perpetuated that act.

Hopefully his dad and uncle can now quit the act.
IMO Dom and Don were pretty reasonable about the whole deal. Dom is friends with at least one offensive coach on UGA’s staff too. You can’t tell an 18 year old where to go to college anyway. It virtually never works. As a coach or fan you need to be an adult about it and not burn any bridges.

Except Nebraska didn't recruit Burrow that hard out of high school. It's all about the energy given IMO. If I was just recruiting the kid to peak thr interest, and didn't put the full court press to still come up short. It would be a little different
I understand what you're saying about the energy. However it would be idiotic for us in the current state of the program to not take an exceptional talent purely out of principle. When Oklahoma took Jalen Hurts from Bama they didn't sit him down first and ask "so why didn't you come here the first time, that wasn't very cool of you." They opened the door and said let's roll!.

No real surprise here. Good luck kid. Let’s put this in the rearview mirror and focus on our season ahead. Get better, win games, improve recruiting along the way. Rinse and repeat.

Good I want that boy to have a front row seat when Rhule takes us to the playoff and hangs a 60 burger all over those Georgia puppies. If they even make it next year, since they didn’t get the memo that the curse is lifted. GBR
Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

I got flak here because I have said all along that he was NEVER going to come here. His Dad and Uncle perpetuated that act.

Hopefully his dad and uncle can now quit the act.
Nobody really thought he was coming here.

• Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks

I don't speak for Rhule or the university of Nebraska, but for me personally I don't do sloppy seconds.

Rhule and Smart are both trying to win over the same girl. They both take her to the finest restaurants and buy her the nicest gifts. Gives HOURS of their time to get the hand of this girl's heart.

Smart Win's her over because he had the nicer house and car. Then they date for 2 years, and Smart decides to cheat on her, because she isn't performing the way he thought in the bedroom and goes out and started dating another new Chick.

Then that girl calls up Rhule and says hey I see you have a nice new car and house. I had know idea you were going to be that successful. I know you wanted me real bad and exhausted a lot of energy on me, but Smart didn't work out. I'll come to you now ...

Me... I'd say "**** off", I'm doing just fine as it is, and obviously you aren't as good as you thought.

Best of luck to the kid, but if it was my choice (It obviously is not my choice).

If I wasn't good enough the first time. Either you like me or you don't. I don't think I'd take you if you failed elsewhere and tried to come back because your stock dropped.
Another anology. What if she's still way hotter than your existing girlfriend and your existing girlfriend isn't "performing"?

Good for you, I get the hurt feelings but that's not how college football works anymore.

Reactions: BleedRed78
May be a blessing in disguise. Means we can attract other qb's for the time being and good chance Raiola will want to transfer out if he's not starting in a couple of years.
Blessing in disguise that he committed to Georgia?

Nobody really thought he was coming here.
sorry...but there were not enough realists on here. There were definitely many many on here who thought he was going to be a Husker.

Now, those same people are planning on him transfering here when he crashes and burns or simply rides the bench at georgia.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT