ADVERTISEMENT

Raiola to UGA

Best of luck to him there. Disappointing for the Huskers but not surprising. Hopefully the new coaching staff is able to turn the Huskers around so that the next time a high profile, legacy recruit is out there, the Huskers are more attractive option.

Reactions: bigboxes
giphy.gif

He's been silently committed to UGA for months now & UGA was in the drivers seat ever since he decommited from Ohio State despite what some outlets were saying.... Was going to commit on 2 other occasions before word leaked and his camp pushed it back....

That said, Rhule and Nebraska did a damn good job of recruiting him. It was not for lack of effort on Rhule's end. If it doesn't work out at UGA, for whatever reason, I'd wager a hefty sum he ends up in Lincoln barring a disaster. Rhule is a terrific coach and homerun hire. He will get talent and use the portal. He also has a great relationship with Kirby so don't be surprised to see some more players portal from UGA and end up in Lincoln.

You guys are probably the most loyal fan base not named South Carolina and better days are ahead. I expect NU under Rhule to be challenging Michigan and Ohio State in next 2-3 years

P.S.......He's still an 18 year old kid so until ink meets paper, his recruitment is still open. Rhule is not gonna roll over because of today.

He's been silently committed to UGA for months now & UGA was in the drivers seat ever since he decommited from Ohio State despite what some outlets were saying.... Was going to commit on 2 other occasions before word leaked and his camp pushed it back....

That said, Rhule and Nebraska did a damn good job of recruiting him. It was not for lack of effort on Rhule's end. If it doesn't work out at UGA, for whatever reason, I'd wager a hefty sum he ends up in Lincoln barring a disaster. Rhule is a terrific coach and homerun hire. He will get talent and use the portal. He also has a great relationship with Kirby so don't be surprised to see some more players portal from UGA and end up in Lincoln.

You guys are probably the most loyal fan base not named South Carolina and better days are ahead. I expect NU under Rhule to be challenging Michigan and Ohio State in next 2-3 years

P.S.......He's still an 18 year old kid so until ink meets paper, his recruitment is still open. Rhule is not gonna roll over because of today.
I cant blame him one bit for choosing UGA. Wish it would have been sooner.

I cant blame him one bit for choosing UGA. Wish it would have been sooner.

I feel ya there. UGA fans have been there umpteen thousand times when Richt was in charge....It would have been earlier for Raiola, if not for a few in the industry running with info they were not supposed to make public which includes calling his dad to confirm the date 🙄

Bummer, but not surprising.

I'm so mad! It's just not fair! We never win anything!

OK, now that out of my system.

Look, we were never going to get him on the first pass. He was always going to go to a program who's been a big time winner. We couldn't even get the #1 QB to come to Nebraska after 1995 for God's sake.

Nebraska's success in football has ALWAYS been based on:

1. Having a unique system, both on and off the field.
2. Exceptional line play on both sides of the ball based on actual development over 3-5 years.
3. Finding some key difference makers on offense and defense at skill positions.
4. Out-coaching our opponents on game day.

Our success was NEVER based on recruiting 20 guys at the 4 and 5 star level every year. We would recruit just enough of them to fit our system and in years where we had more than the average number of these guys, we were great.

It sure as hell never involved recruiting the best pro style QB in the country either. The last really good NFL caliber QB we had in our program was Vince Ferragamo in 1976. Before that, we had Jerry Tagge in 1971. We have had some other great and really good college QBs (Gill, S. Taylor, Frazier, Frost, Z. Taylor, TM, and even AM) and won or almost won many titles with some of them. But none of them were legit NFL QBs (although one of them is a hell of an NFL head coach). Since Ferragamo, the closest thing to an NFL level QB we have almost had is Blaine Gabbert.

The model of a QB we need is Frazier and Crouch. Great runner, average to good passer (I think these guys would have been in the high 50s in today's landscape), competitive as hell, but just as important, tough as hell and durable.

When we stop looking like a poorly coached farce on Saturday, like a team that wastes the talent we have, then the difference makers will come. Probably not in 2024, but later.

I know I'm going to ruffle a few feathers here, but we also need to understand that there are many universities (i.e. Georgia) that are just more fun to attend than the University of Nebraska. The campus is better, the school is higher rated, the nightlife is better, the weather is better, you're 2 hours from the beach, you're an hour away from a city that's a lot more fun than Omaha, and just being completely honest, it's a target rich environment for a young man (almost 60% female, most of which are the daughters of well to do people from the Atlanta suburbs). Sorry that the truth hurts, but it's still the truth, and you can't overcome that with a really cool locker room.

Last edited:

"If it doesn't work out I Georgia for any reason?"

I have heard this BS on the radio all morning.

I don't speak for Rhule or the university of Nebraska, but for me personally I don't do sloppy seconds.

Here's the Analogy you're going to get...

Rhule and Smart are both trying to win over the same girl. They both take her to the finest restaurants and buy her the nicest gifts. Gives HOURS of their time to get the hand of this girl's heart.

Smart Win's her over because he had the nicer house and car. Then they date for 2 years, and Smart decides to cheat on her, because she isn't performing the way he thought in the bedroom and goes out and started dating another new Chick.

Then that girl calls up Rhule and says hey I see you have a nice new car and house. I had know idea you were going to be that successful. I know you wanted me real bad and exhausted a lot of energy on me, but Smart didn't work out. I'll come to you now ...

Me... I'd say "**** off", I'm doing just fine as it is, and obviously you aren't as good as you thought.

Best of luck to the kid, but if it was my choice (It obviously is not my choice).

If I wasn't good enough the first time. Either you like me or you don't. I don't think I'd take you if you failed elsewhere and tried to come back because your stock dropped.

Last edited:
"If it doesn't work out I Georgia for any reason?"

I have heard this BS on the radio all morning.

I don't speak for Rhule or the university of Nebraska, but for me personally I don't do sloppy seconds.

Here's the Analogy you're going to get...

Rhule and Smart are both trying to win over the same girl. They both take her to the finest restaurants and buy her the nicest gifts. Gives HOURS of their time to get the hand of this girl's heart.

Smart Win's her over because he had the nicer house and car. Then they date for 2 years, and Smart decides to cheat on her, because she isn't performing the way he thought in the bedroom and goes out and started dating another new Chick.

Then that girl calls up Rhule and says hey I see you have a nice new car and house. I had know idea you were going to be that successful. I know you wanted me real bad and exhausted a lot of energy on me, but Smart didn't work out. I'll come to you now ...

Me... I'd say "**** off", I'm doing just fine as it is, and obviously you aren't as good as you thought.

Best of luck to the kid, but if it was my choice (It obviously is not my choice).

If I wasn't good enough the first time. Either you like me or you don't. I don't think I'd take you if you failed elsewhere and tried to come back because your stock dropped.

I understand that sentiment as a fan, as all of us have had those emotions over X player the last few years with the meteoric rise of the portal and NIL making it free agency. But the coaches can't have that attitude, at least not in any public manner.

Say Raiola just doesn't work out for lack of a good fit, scheme, homesick, etc...Rhule would take him without question if he wanted to go to Nebraska. It's not really sloppy seconds in the day of the portal/NIL. It's free agency.

rai ola ra ra ra rai ola..

good luck to him, georgia seemed to have patience with their last qb...
but if it don't work out, we will keep a eye on developments, while rhule surveys other qb's who best fit his offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT