ADVERTISEMENT

Question about leading tacklers

StrongArm517

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2005
maybe someone could look this up. I'm wondering how good teams typically rank in tackling by position.
Should your linebackers make the most? Your Dline? Are you in trouble if your leading tackler is in the secondary? Wher was NU this year?

Haven't looked anything up. But I'm pretty sure you want LB to have the mos
maybe someone could look this up. I'm wondering how good teams typically rank in tackling by position.
Should your linebackers make the most? Your Dline? Are you in trouble if your leading tackler is in the secondary? Wher was NU this year?
Haven't looked anything up but pretty sure you want your LB's to have the most tackles.

Reactions: timnsun
7 of the top 10 in tackles this season are LB's, the other 3 are DB's. 11 to 20 and it's the same story, 7 LB's, 3 DB's. 21 to 30 and it's the same story again. Basically the top 100 in tackles this season are LB's and DB's with the LB's dominating the list.

a lot of that is how many runs teams. vs pass teams you play in that year. Now we have to take in mind a lot of our LBs where injured a lot this season. Doesn't mean Gerry wouldn't still be our leading tackler but it doesn't help our LB tackle stats if there injured 1/3 or more of the season.

our top 3 leading tacklers where in fact DBs...

Nate Gerry 79 tackles
Joshua Kalu 75 tackles
B Cockrell 70 tackles

the next 2 where LBs

Josh Banderas 61 tackles 7 for loss
Dedrick Young 61 tackles 5 for loss
Marcus Newby 34 tackles 5 for loss
Michael Rose-Ivey had under 30 tackles but he had a rough season I'd say...

Just because stats

Maliek Collins 29 tackles 7 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks
Ross Dzuris lead the team with 9 tackles for loss (had 24 tackles)

It also depends on the defensive scheme run. In some defenses the safeties play like linebackers that is why you see some safeties with high tackle totals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT