ADVERTISEMENT

Put this one on the Defense

I'm going to also put this on any kid or coach that was on the plane from Lincoln. Thank you for your time.

I feel sorry for c3o for having to witness that garbage in person.
It was a great time. Their fans are excited and very friendly. Beautiful campus.

We got out coached in the first q. As soon as Barney caught the ball on the 1 on a KO I figured we were ****ed.

I’m mostly numb to it. There’s more important things to stress over although I try not to stress at all.

But these kids deserve better. They’re still a dog shit team

Yet just 24 hours ago everyone (at least on here) was saying it was going to be a Husker win because Indiana had never faced this great a defense. Defense sucked. Offense sucked. ST always suck. NU is a middle of the road B1G team and it will never get much better. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid thinking it’s going to get better. I hate it as much as everyone else but that’s where I am at now.

Yet just 24 hours ago everyone (at least on here) was saying it was going to be a Husker win because Indiana had never faced this great a defense. Defense sucked. Offense sucked. ST always suck. NU is a middle of the road B1G team and it will never get much better. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid thinking it’s going to get better. I hate it as much as everyone else but that’s where I am at now.
I wasn't. I'm not that myopic.

Reactions: American Horse
Yeah - DR was not good at all. He wasn’t helping the defense by sustaining drives and avoiding turnovers. Likewise, the defense was not helping anyone by failing to put up even minimal resistance.

Of course - special teams had to get in on the act with an inexcusable, catastrophic mistake on KO return. Starting the first drive at the 1 means you can’t run the plays you practiced all week.

Just a complete dud in all phases.

We got our ass kicked on both sides of the ball. I'm putting it on Matt Rhule who runs the program.

Nothing is going to change till the fans start not showing up. This shit has gone on long enough and we deserve much better. First year coach comes in and fist's you, come on man .

Reactions: American Horse
Watching from the stands (great seats btw) Indiana had an easy time reading our defense. I did. Soft zone was easy RPO SCREEN. Man they went over the top or gashed us running. They looked sharp. We had CBs biting on RPO like they were going to get to the RB and the bubble was wide open. Our team was as out of focus as they were laser focused. It snowballed quick.

I don’t think our staff is the answer. No, they won’t be fired but we have regressed this year.

IU had no problem guarding our WRs or fighting through blocks to stop our screens. Our running game was trash. We need to be under center more as we get decent gains out of that.

DR has a special arm. But our WRs really don’t get open. DR does a good job looking off the defense. But he’s a kid and it showed sometimes.

Frustrated we aren’t better. We are soft and some games, or halves or quarters we are downright awful.

We made IU look outstanding . They’re not. They’re good but they’re a team that would look a lot different against Iowa or Wisc.

Good coaches expose our weak defense and predictable offense. It’s getting tiresome

Reactions: cornwoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT