ADVERTISEMENT

Put this on Matt Rhule.

Cignetti is the best coach in the BIG. And James Madison is an excellent school with a very good program. Dumb post by OP. Rhule is playing with Play-doh while Cignetti is playing chess.
Why was Cignetti able to do it his first year and some people still give Rhuke a pass because he still has some of Frost’s player. Rhule is the coach. Get the players he needs to win.

Reactions: Chuck003 and K_Y_E
I don’t know what Rhule can do mid-season. He could give play calling to Glenn I suppose if he thought that would help. Or fire somebody. He could throw himself at special teams.

But the time to make needed changes are in the off-season.

If things don’t turn around this season. If we don’t win another game besides UCLA, then things will have to shake up. The coaches of ST, WR, OL, OC and RB are all on the table.

And we may need to change strategy on the HS vs Portal emphasis.

I’m not a huge fan of mid-season firings. But if Rhule thinks there’s something to be gained by cutting someone(s) loose mid-season I guess we will see how that works. (not expecting this to happen) That being said, Satt and Foley have to be gone by season’s end. What more does anyone need to see…🤷‍♂️

Reactions: JohhnieSouth
Hindsight is 20/20 but Rhule should have brought in a lot of transfers last year purged all of the upper class men from the frost era, still way too many of them have a deafest attitude anytime things go bad, I wouldn’t have had a problem going with 2 wins last year and 4-5 this year, but were stuck in Groundhog Day close to a to begin bowl qualified but will probably miss out again this season

not this Nebraska fan.

I have been told by the more sensitive faction of posters here (~93% of the entire population) that I need to watch my tone.

it was "disrespectful" of me to refer to Rhule as "Preacher" the second I saw the canyon-sized chasm between the product he was producing and the rhetoric he spins in front of the camera.

so I am softening my messaging a little to accommodate those people's delicate feelings.
I for one appreciate reading your takes. I’m as pissed off as any other fan with the patience talk. I know we were 5-1 coming into this game but it didn’t seem real. Didn’t pass the eye test. Now with this kick in the junk, Rhule needs to shake this up. On the surface, if you can’t trust your kicker to make a chip shot, something needs to change. Wtf are they working on at practice. Don’t get me started with the play calling or personnel decisions. Best take I heard on the WRs blocking or not so much on the perimeter, they look like they aren’t interested in doing so.

I’m not a huge fan of mid-season firings. But if Rhule thinks there’s something to be gained by cutting someone(s) loose mid-season I guess we will see how that works. (not expecting this to happen) That being said, Satt and Foley have to be gone by season’s end. What more does anyone need to see…🤷‍♂️
Donovan needs to hit the road too. His line keeps missing critical blocks. In fact the whole team is having issue with blocking, tackling, and separation.

Not sure how you fix this because it points a bit deeper then coordinators and place coaches.

Hindsight is 20/20 but Rhule should have brought in a lot of transfers last year purged all of the upper class men from the frost era, still way too many of them have a deafest attitude anytime things go bad, I wouldn’t have had a problem going with 2 wins last year and 4-5 this year, but were stuck in Groundhog Day close to a to begin bowl qualified but will probably miss out again this season
Which ones specifically have the defeatist attitude and can you give examples?

Donovan needs to hit the road too. His line keeps missing critical blocks. In fact the whole team is having issue with blocking, tackling, and separation.

Not sure how you fix this because it points a bit deeper then coordinators and place coaches.

Yeah but… not gonna happen. Maybe if his nephew transfers and his other nephew flips his commitment.

Donovan could play, but I’m not sure he can coach. Not everyone can. It’s actually very technical.

Reactions: cornwoman
I for one appreciate reading your takes. I’m as pissed off as any other fan with the patience talk. I know we were 5-1 coming into this game but it didn’t seem real. Didn’t pass the eye test. Now with this kick in the junk, Rhule needs to shake this up. On the surface, if you can’t trust your kicker to make a chip shot, something needs to change. Wtf are they working on at practice. Don’t get me started with the play calling or personnel decisions. Best take I heard on the WRs blocking or not so much on the perimeter, they look like they aren’t interested in doing so.
Ron Brown. He could teach those guys how to block. Doogie Howser could learn a thing or two.

Reactions: cornwoman
Bad route running, missing blocks taking bad angles for tackles, you can see it in their body language, it was there in the Illinois game and today’s game, players checking out on plays
But you’re referring to frost leftovers. Bullock balls out. Fidone balls out. Can’t say anything negative about Hutmacher or Robinson. Benhart is a mystery . The other receivers are all brand new.

Reactions: dpnavy
But you’re referring to frost leftovers. Bullock balls out. Fidone balls out. Can’t say anything negative about Hutmacher or Robinson. Benhart is a mystery . The other receivers are all brand new.
Bullock yes….. The rest are streaky and don’t get it done in crunch time. Nash and Ty are monsters but don’t bring it at all times

Bad route running, missing blocks taking bad angles for tackles, you can see it in their body language, it was there in the Illinois game and today’s game, players checking out on plays
The red flags started after Colorado. People were blind to it or do know jack shit about football. You could see this shit from a mile away. The idiot Nebraska media could not. And the fans bought into it. Quite comical actually.

When Matt hired his buddies 2 years ago, with the exception of a few, no one questioned it. Now it's an issue. If you couldn't see this coming from a mile away, I don't know what else to tell you.

Reactions: putemintheaisles
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT