ADVERTISEMENT

Put this on Matt Rhule.

Cignetti is the best coach in the BIG. And James Madison is an excellent school with a very good program. Dumb post by OP. Rhule is playing with Play-doh while Cignetti is playing chess.
Why was Cignetti able to do it his first year and some people still give Rhuke a pass because he still has some of Frost’s player. Rhule is the coach. Get the players he needs to win.

I don’t know what Rhule can do mid-season. He could give play calling to Glenn I suppose if he thought that would help. Or fire somebody. He could throw himself at special teams.

But the time to make needed changes are in the off-season.

If things don’t turn around this season. If we don’t win another game besides UCLA, then things will have to shake up. The coaches of ST, WR, OL, OC and RB are all on the table.

And we may need to change strategy on the HS vs Portal emphasis.

I’m not a huge fan of mid-season firings. But if Rhule thinks there’s something to be gained by cutting someone(s) loose mid-season I guess we will see how that works. (not expecting this to happen) That being said, Satt and Foley have to be gone by season’s end. What more does anyone need to see…🤷‍♂️

Hindsight is 20/20 but Rhule should have brought in a lot of transfers last year purged all of the upper class men from the frost era, still way too many of them have a deafest attitude anytime things go bad, I wouldn’t have had a problem going with 2 wins last year and 4-5 this year, but were stuck in Groundhog Day close to a to begin bowl qualified but will probably miss out again this season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT