ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue fan commentary

No sir - we are a blueblood and continue to have an amazing following. There is no doubt even in the current climate we would be in the SEC or the B1G even if we moved today.
You sound EXACTLY like the old iu basketball fans, stuck in the 80’s and the Bobby Knight era.
NU is not a blue blood, You’re not even a first tier B10 team. You’re in the second tier with the rest of the conference below UM, OSU, PSU, USC and OR.

Who is your most famous alumnus? Brees?

Yeah all the Heisman winners we have had and Suh and Tommie - you are clueless.
I think Purdue still has the most Super Bowl winning QBs, but fact check me on that.
Neil Armstrong and John Wooden are pretty well respected.

You sound EXACTLY like the old iu basketball fans, stuck in the 80’s and the Bobby Knight era.
NU is not a blue blood, You’re not even a first tier B10 team. You’re in the second tier with the rest of the conference below UM, OSU, PSU, USC and OR.
It’s true dude as much as you don’t want to believe it. Right now we are in the second tier competition wise but not rating and not support. There is no world where our football brand does not afford us a seat at the table with the power 2 conferences.

Oddly you defending Purdue’s seat who has accomplished literally jack crap their entire history and saying Nebraska would be relegated to the depths of unknowns is laughable.

I think Purdue still has the most Super Bowl winning QBs, but fact check me on that.
Neil Armstrong and John Wooden are pretty well respected.
Purdue fans are pompous for literally no reason. Your “I can’t see through my final four banner” - it’s so different and speaks to your mindset - our 5 national championship trophies dont share space with our runner-up trophies and top 4 in the polls trophies.

Congrats on losing the championship - enjoy your final four shirts - Iowa of basketball.

It’s true dude as much as you don’t want to believe it. Right now we are in the second tier competition wise but not rating and not support. There is no world where our football brand does not afford us a seat at the table with the power 2 conferences.

Oddly you defending Purdue’s seat who has accomplished literally jack crap their entire history and saying Nebraska would be relegated to the depths of unknowns is laughable.
Selling out your home games because there’s literally nothing else to do in Nebraska on a Saturday is not some big accomplishment.
It’s either go to the game or sit on the front stoop and whittle a stick.

Selling out your home games because there’s literally nothing else to do in Nebraska on a Saturday is not some big accomplishment.
It’s either go to the game or sit on the front stoop and whittle a stick.
lol - Indiana. You hated it so much you didn’t want to be there anymore.

Force Raiola to throw? Seriously?
That was my reaction too. They don’t want that. But then again, they don’t want to force Nebraska to run either. I’m staying away betting wise from this game because it seems like -10.5 is too low. Nebraska SHOULD roll.

That was my reaction too. They don’t want that. But then again, they don’t want to force Nebraska to run either. I’m staying away betting wise from this game because it seems like -10.5 is too low. Nebraska SHOULD roll.
Caleb Johnson doing work this season. Nice W against the gophers.

Purdue is the poster child of why the big ten sucks.
Has never done anything but still acts prestigious.
Boring program with a university and alum base that couldnt caee less about actually playing football, awful stadium with ugly uniforms to boot.
Such a lame game. Was more excited for UNI.
I agree. Purdue couldn’t care less about football. It’s why fans want to hire a winning coach and show up to support the football program when there is a chance of them being good. See a sold out Indiana state game off a 4-8 season for details. Not sure how the stadium is awful. It’s not perfect, but they are working on renovations.

Purdue also has one of the better basketball programs in the big ten and has consistently been a top 10 team the last few years with no sign of slowing down in sight. Maybe the big ten should keep up with Purdue in basketball?

Women’s basketball was the last big ten team to win a natty. Then versyp destroyed the program.

Who is your most famous alumnus? Brees?

Yeah all the Heisman winners we have had and Suh and Tommie - you are clueless.
Are you asking for football only or in general? Cradle of QB’s in general is pretty good. Most NFL starts of any college at QB.

I’d rather he throw than Nebraska run tbh. Get some pressure on him and let the DB’s cook. Hopefully they are as good as I think they are. I’m staying away from this game from a gambling perspective as well. Other than maybe a Mock TD. Maybe a Max Klare TD?

Are you asking for football only or in general? Cradle of QB’s in general is pretty good. Most NFL starts of any college at QB.
It’s a weird argument in general. Someone went to my college 70 years ago did something great? Who cares?

At least our most famous alumnus isn’t Lawrence Phillips, famous for all the wrong reasons.
NU was a huge mistake by the B10 leadership letting them in: no name recognition, no prestige, no TV value and definitely not a place people want to see.
Now you are straight up lying

Living 4 miles from the beach is hardly hillbilly country.
By the way, I’m reading The Grapes of Wrath again.
That's it? Your reading comprehension is pretty bad, as The Grapes of Wrath is set in ... Oklahoma. History lesson: while Nebraska was certainly affected by the record heat, lack of rain and subsequent crop failures of the 1930s, we came out of it better than most. Why? Nebraskans weren't stupid enough to plow up the million-plus acres of grassland known as the Sandhills, unlike the morons in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles, SE Colorado and NE New Mexico.

And by the way, I'm currently reading Fever in the Heartland by Tim Egan. Being a Hoosier, I'm sure you're aware that it is a history of the KKK in the 1920s (before it moved to Iowa City). The KKK was centered in Indiana and led by a murderous scumbag who you guys were going to put in the governor's chair until one of the women he raped brought him down.

Please, enlighten me further how a Steinbeck reference is a put down to 2024 Nebraska.

That's it? Your reading comprehension is pretty bad, as The Grapes of Wrath is set in ... Oklahoma. History lesson: while Nebraska was certainly affected by the record heat, lack of rain and subsequent crop failures of the 1930s, we came out of it better than most. Why? Nebraskans weren't stupid enough to plow up the million-plus acres of grassland known as the Sandhills, unlike the morons in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles, SE Colorado and NE New Mexico.

And by the way, I'm currently reading Fever in the Heartland by Tim Egan. Being a Hoosier, I'm sure you're aware that it is a history of the KKK in the 1920s (before it moved to Iowa City). The KKK was centered in Indiana and led by a murderous scumbag who you guys were going to put in the governor's chair until one of the women he raped brought him down.

Please, enlighten me further how a Steinbeck reference is a put down to 2024 Nebraska.
matt damon apples GIF

Nebraska should be lighting candles and thanking Jesus that they got into the B10 when they did. Otherwise, you’d be in the outside looking in and forming a second level conference with the likes of Iowa State, Colorado State, and Nevada.
I mean, in fairness, you're lucky to be here too. You were in the right place at the right time but don't actually bring anything to the table. If there was a realignment with the 50 top programs or something, you'd be left out.

lol - Indiana. You hated it so much you didn’t want to be there anymore.
I fish offshore tournaments down here. Can’t do that in IN.

Hook line n sinker. I was wondering who would come to the defense of Nebraska when compared to OK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT