ADVERTISEMENT

Prochazka?

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
So Rhule said today that Teddy is once again "banged up" but will be back in time for the opener. No specifics as to the nature of the injury but must be serious enough that it would keep him out for the remainder of Fall camp. I am increasingly of the opinion that Teddy is a talented player but is just one of those guys whose body is not able to withstand the pounding of big time football. I hope I am wrong about that, obviously. Would love the guy to heal up and have a stellar year. But at this point who on here really expects him to last the season? I know I don't.

So Rhule said today that Teddy is once again "banged up" but will be back in time for the opener. No specifics as to the nature of the injury but must be serious enough that it would keep him out for the remainder of Fall camp. I am increasingly of the opinion that Teddy is a talented player but is just one of those guys whose body is not able to withstand the pounding of big time football. I hope I am wrong about that, obviously. Would love the guy to heal up and have a stellar year. But at this point who on here really expects him to last the season? I know I don't.
Well never said how long he’s going to be out I’m going to hold out thinking he not out longer than a week..

Never verified what type of injury other than mentioning he was a little banged up..

Good news is getting someone else ready the next few weeks for the Gophers..

Can he play basketball? You can't teach 6'10

Jaivorio Burkes comes to mind. If your body keeps telling you, you can’t play, you shouldn’t probably play. Teddy is 21-ish with knees of a 58 year old

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Well never said how long he’s going to be out I’m going to hold out thinking he not out longer than a week..

Never verified what type of injury other than mentioning he was a little banged up..

Good news is getting someone else ready the next few weeks for the Gophers..
My take on it is that when Rhule said that he was hopeful Teddy could be back by the opener that that was his way of saying that Teddy is most likely out for most of the rest of Fall camp. But you are correct -- it does not necessarily mean that and maybe his injuries are not that bad and he will be back sooner rather than later.

Still, I think my initial point still stands. The poor kid has now had two season ending knee injuries, comes back for one week of Fall camp, and is injured enough again that he is forced to sit things out again for an undetermined amount of time. Not a good omen.

Can he play tight end? I feel he is just too tall to have leverage going against 300+ pound DL and he'll just continue to get injured. If he can run and catch at all he'd make an excellent blocking TE and would have a terrific size advantage over the middle.

Reactions: BleedRed78
My take on it is that when Rhule said that he was hopeful Teddy could be back by the opener that that was his way of saying that Teddy is most likely out for most of the rest of Fall camp. But you are correct -- it does not necessarily mean that and maybe his injuries are not that bad and he will be back sooner rather than later.

Still, I think my initial point still stands. The poor kid has now had two season ending knee injuries, comes back for one week of Fall camp, and is injured enough again that he is forced to sit things out again for an undetermined amount of time. Not a good omen.
He actually injured his right shoulder last year. So one knee injury, one shoulder injury.

Can he play basketball? You can't teach 6'10
He looks pretty athletic for an OT. I question whether TE is an option. 6'10 is 4 inches taller than Michael Jordan. He is necessarily leaning downward to maintain leverage and that puts more strain on the legs. Shorter guys (6'0 - 6-2) are usually better run blockers and that was one reason the old NU lines were typically on the shorter side.
For the record the tallest NFL OL is 6'8 and the average is 6'5 (I just looked it up). Those guys are primarily pass blocking OTs. Teddy is just too tall unfortunately.

Lower leg injury from a frightfully poorly laid and maintained practice surface

Yep. Teddy might not ever finish a complete season at Nebraska. That's too bad and seems like Nebraska curse. Very talented. NFL talent.

I'm very worried about another player too who shall not be named. I don't think he'll make it through a season either, but I'd love to be wrong.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Yep. Teddy might not ever finish a complete season at Nebraska. That's too bad and seems like Nebraska curse. Very talented. NFL talent.

I'm very worried about another player too who shall not be named. I don't think he'll make it through a season either, but I'd love to be wrong.
if Sims goes down we are screwed.

I can’t be anymore wrong than predicting the PAC and BIG will fully merge seconds before ASU, Arizona and Utah go to the Big12
sure you can. it's binary for you.

B1G will house at least 6 Pac12 teams when it's all said and done. could be as many as 8.

making me - at worst - half right.

he seemed too tall, when he got injured against mich..(he did have a pretty good rush end coming at him)
put him at rush end...he can knock down passes...

sure you can. it's binary for you.

B1G will house at least 6 Pac12 teams when it's all said and done. could be as many as 8.

making me - at worst - half right.
I don’t think you know what “fully merge” means. It isn’t synonymous with “partially merge”

it's typical of someone who's backed into a corner to hedge their prediction (already) with semantics.

sad. expected more from you.
I’m not hedging - FSU 100% to the BIG. The only hedge in this exchange is fully to maybe partially and maybe being “half” right

I’m not hedging - FSU 100% to the BIG. The only hedge in this exchange is fully to maybe partially and maybe being “half” right
guess we'll see.

2025 now, no longer "soon", as previously stated (hedge)

tick tock!

prayers for a quick recovery. Sometimes players come back from injuries, JoJo was hurt a lot at first then ended up a stud, same for Jurgens.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT