ADVERTISEMENT

POS Holtz receives a worthless award...

What specifically makes Holtz a POS to you? Is it that you don't like his personality, his politics or that he once coached Notre Dame? Just curious why you have such hatred for someone who had a well recognized coaching career.

That is a good question. It can't be denied that he was a damn good HC.

Reactions: TheVegvisir
What specifically makes Holtz a POS to you? Is it that you don't like his personality, his politics or that he once coached Notre Dame? Just curious why you have such hatred for someone who had a well recognized coaching career.
See OP.

I wouldn't get too cranked up about who receives this award. It's been given to the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Ellen Degeneres.

While politics certainly plays a part these - likely a big part, it seems like the attitudes have changed over the years. We used to remember people by their best traits and best moments. For some reason, now all anyone wants to do is force us to remember people by their worst moments. Sad.
Exactly. I've always liked Double Nickels. My favorite player of all-time. That doesn't change my thoughts about Holtz as a person. Find the positives in people. We're all flawed.

Well OK that's a cop out answer for sure. The original post explains nothing but just refers to a Jason Peters book. Well I haven't read it and I'm not going to buy it just to learn what a poster is raving about if they don't even have the energy to explain themselves.

I liked Holtz as a coach and I'm pretty neutral on him as a studio talking head. But the medal ceremony has been declared a:

Shhhhhhhuuuuuuuper
Shhhhhhhpreader

Event

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
If Trump wins...there will be major rioting...because democrats will freak out and destroy all they can.

Think about that for a moment.

Not so sure about that, gloves come off when no more campaigning is required IMO. Trump won't continue put up with that BS.

Reactions: bshirt73
Not so sure about that, gloves come off when no more campaigning is required IMO. Trump won't continue put up with that BS.

I surely hope he will be our president then. You bet, a heavy & strong zero chance he'll put up with that BS.

But if dementia Joe wins.......God please, please help us.

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is a big deal and we all aren't going to like everyone who has received one. Same with Nobel.

Lou Holtz had a meager beginning in life and became a role model for many young people and a terrific public speaker.

For me I don't place much stock in anything Jason Peter wants to express. I appreciate his dedication while playing for Nebraska as he was a very good player.
Let me tell you, if Trump gave the MOF to Tom Osborne the garbage humans in the media would rekindle all the nasty stuff from the LP/Christian Peter era. I believe Coach Osborne did the right thing for both and the women involved, but in the eyes of some he's still the devil. I never had an issue with Lou Holtz other than I got tired of the media fawning over his teams in the era of their dominance. Fact is though, they were neck and neck with Miami for best program in the country between 1988 and 1993. And his teams were always rock solid fundamentally and physical as well.

On another note, Catholics vs Convicts wouldn't go over well in today's society.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT