ADVERTISEMENT

Portal TE from LSU is N!! Eligible to play this year

2 days ago I had a handful of local college girls help with a playground project at my church. There are pretty college girls everywhere. All but one of these actually knew how to use a shovel. That was cute enough that I don't think that will ever hold her back in life..... Gotta love those college girls.
Was it a big handful or a small handful?

I'm pretty sure they had them but I tried not to get caught looking. Winking
MV5BODBlZmVhNjYtY2M2OC00MjNmLTlhYTQtM2Q0N2EyNjVlYzJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: dinglefritz
The heard that story in the context of a single school. You couldn’t turn your scholarship redshirt junior OT into a walk-on redshirt senior OT. I don’t think applies to the player throughout his eligibility, wherever he goes.
My argument would be that if it were this easy everyone would be doing this. Why did Rhule even go through having Gilbert apply for a waiver last year if we could have just done this? What would stop Alabama from taking the Mississippi State qb if the Bama starter got hurt 2 weeks before the opener? Offering them $3 million to walk-on.

This seems way too simple for something that involves the NCAA but a blocking TE with SEC experience would be a godsend, so hopefully all this is true.

Reactions: Dean Pope
No, I haven't been to Paris, and my comment came from my son who has been there a few times.
He said the most impressive thing was the Sistine Chapel and said the Coliseum held some interest simply because of what went on there so many years ago.

Said he had a helluva lot more fun in Amsterdam. LOL
what?

Fidone's replacement next year ?

Looks more like the blocking type TE to me. Fidone and a guy like Carter Nelson are elite athletes. I don't see that in this kid. But a guy who can and more importantly WILL flat out block at TE is worth his weight in gold.

Maybe him and the big kid from Texas who's name slips my mind can be those type guys. Ruhle and Sat definitely wanna run it and a couple road graders at those positions will truly help that.

Everyone isn't gonna be 6'5+ 230+ and go 4.5 in the 40. Those are freakish NFL level traits. I don't see that in this kid. At least on film I don't.

Holla

Looks more like the blocking type TE to me. Fidone and a guy like Carter Nelson are elite athletes. I don't see that in this kid. But a guy who can and more importantly WILL flat out block at TE is worth his weight in gold.

Maybe him and the big kid from Texas who's name slips my mind can be those type guys. Ruhle and Sat definitely wanna run it and a couple road graders at those positions will truly help that.

Everyone isn't gonna be 6'5+ 230+ and go 4.5 in the 40. Those are freakish NFL level traits. I don't see that in this kid. At least on film I don't.

Holla
OK, gotta ask, do we REALLY know if he can block or not? Comments from coaches, data, etc? All I have read, which obviously isn't everything on the kid, is he played as a freshman, started one game, had 3 catches and 1 TD. And that he was from the St. Louis area and a 4* recruit. Other than those tidbits of facts, nothing meaningful unless I missed it. After all, he is a freshman and started one game, how much total playing time get he get in order to make all of these blocks?

OK, gotta ask, do we REALLY know if he can block or not? Comments from coaches, data, etc? All I have read, which obviously isn't everything on the kid, is he played as a freshman, started one game, had 3 catches and 1 TD. And that he was from the St. Louis area and a 4* recruit. Other than those tidbits of facts, nothing meaningful unless I missed it. After all, he is a freshman and started one game, how much total playing time get he get in order to make all of these blocks?
He can prove it to Rhule. What we think doesn't matter at this point. There's no risk to us by taking him this fall. IF he played at all for LSU as a true freshman, he's probably better than most of our TEs.

Reactions: kakdawg
He can prove it to Rhule. What we think doesn't matter at this point. There's no risk to us by taking him this fall. IF he played at all for LSU as a true freshman, he's probably better than most of our TEs.
Well, you didn't answer my question that was based on several comments. I was trying to clarify if they were factual or opinion. There is always risk. Did he get into any trouble at LSU? Do we even know that? That is my point.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Well, you didn't answer my question that was based on several comments. I was trying to clarify if they were factual or opinion. There is always risk. Did he get into any trouble at LSU? Do we even know that? That is my point.
Who cares? He was dropped in NU's lap.
Not a penny or a minute of recruiting time was spent for him to land here. If he can contribute, great, if not, he wouldn't be the first guy that showed up here that never makes a meaningful contribution.

Hell, for all we know he could be converted into a serviceable offensive lineman in two years.

Obviously, we would never take a kid that got into trouble before he got here.....

Your standards are ridiculous.

I'm basing my thoughts off of what I seen from his HS film. Nothing more or nothing less. You can see the level of athleticism and at least a willingness to block based off of those things. Just as you could see the level of athleticism I mentioned with Fidone and Nelson on HS film.

How that translates remain to be seen. So if that's what you are questioning that's fair. But to say he's a step down athletically from those guys I think is pretty spot on. I also believe him to be more of the traditional in line TE type based on what little I've seen and he has the demeanor and body type to be good at it.

Holla

It was stated that he was a good blocker in a twit by HuskerWave posted on page 1

Why can’t Ron B get the Tight ends for a week to work on blocking? After that Fidone can be our next NFL tight end pick in the draft. Who’s the last one to get drafted for us, Stoll?

Why can’t Ron B get the Tight ends for a week to work on blocking? After that Fidone can be our next NFL tight end pick in the draft. Who’s the last one to get drafted for us, Stoll?
Not that it matters, but I think Carter Nelson is a much better athlete than Fidne ever was, including before he got injured. Nelson is smooth in and out of his routes, whereas Fidone has always been kinda herky jerky.

Barring injuries, I expect Nelson to far exceed Fidone. JMO

Reactions: shocksker
conference play? he should be ready to bash his head into some UTEP guys on Saturday
Agree. Heck, they could play him a half dozen snaps on Saturday that are all nothing but blocks, then next Sat against the Buffs, show the same set first play and throw him the ball.

Nothing says welcome to the team faster than making an on-the-field contribution. I'm sure that wouldn't fire up the crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT