ADVERTISEMENT

Portal QB's

After potential portal guys see how far Sims regressed under this staffs coaching it could be a very hard sell to convince anyone to trust their career with the current coaches

I'm convinced that Sims never intended to play much football here this season. It's the only explanation as to how someone could be so unprepared in every facet of the game. Playbook, timing, ball security, passing mechanics.

Don't know why he came here -- maybe we have a good program in his major, maybe he came to chase split tail, maybe to eat Runzas, but he certainly didn't come here to play football.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissoulaHusker
Unless Nebraska can establish themselves with an offensive line that isn't going to get a QB killed, no top end QB is going to come here, just my opinion.
Exactly this. Stop the futile search for a home-run quarterback, and fix the porous offensive line. The current line is a career-killer for quarterbacks.

In the 80's my cousin had a bumper sticker that said "Will Rogers never met Barry Switzer." Someone had to explain it to me.
If Rogers transfers here, maybe he'll say, "I don't play organized football. I'm at Nebraska."

Reactions: mgbreis
I'm convinced that Sims never intended to play much football here this season. It's the only explanation as to how someone could be so unprepared in every facet of the game. Playbook, timing, ball security, passing mechanics.

Don't know why he came here -- maybe we have a good program in his major, maybe he came to chase split tail, maybe to eat Runzas, but he certainly didn't come here to play football.
I agree. Per GT message boards he was dismissed from GT before entering the portal for refusing to go into a game. And if you look back, he was told to quit coming to team meetings and not be part of the program any longer. A few weeks later, he entered the portal.

He was Geoff Collins's qb and we were dumb enough to get caught up in their locker room spat between old and new staff after ins was fired. Collins recommended him, and being Rhule's buddy we jumped on his recommendation. We offered $$$ and it was a great deal for Simms no matter if he was committed or not.

Nice to see these guys not settling for a middling education at a university and making that step to find one that will further their education and learning in preparation for their future as a innovative and productive citizen in society.

Thanks, portal.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Don't know if he'll end up in the portal, but the kid starting for Colorado today looks pretty decent. Gets the ball out quickly, and the O-Line looks like they give half a crap about blocking for him.

Reactions: frostonthegrass
Seems like a lateral move in the same conference. NU is about to turn the corner. Just need the QB and a couple skill guys.
And an o-line, and secondary guys that look for a ball, and special teams players, oh don’t forget linebackers that wrap up, and TEs that block, and maybe a good offensive coordinator… that’s it, not needing a lot but yea we’re almost there that’s all we need

Reactions: maly
After potential portal guys see how far Sims regressed under this staffs coaching it could be a very hard sell to convince anyone to trust their career with the current coaches

Don’t know that he regressed I think we got exactly what we ordered with Sims. problem is we don’t have an offensive coordinator/quarterback coach who could help him improve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT