ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: What base defense would you run if you were Nebraska?

What defense do you wish Nebraska used as it's base?

• 3-4

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • 4-3

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • 4-2-5

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • 5-2

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
Where’s the 3-3-5? Couldn’t pass on me when I was in the 3-3-5 running the cover 6 in NCAA14, couldn’t run because I played linebacker. I’m going with the 3-3-5 because of my success in NCAA 14.
I tried 3-4 a couple times in that game and hated it. It was so hard to recruit OLB's that could pass rush

Reactions: Reditus
I'd mirror exactly what Wisconsin does because they quickly get dudes to the QB almost every play and never seem to have receivers running wide-open downfield.

4-3 since the coaching staff is still talking up Tannor like he's ever going to do anything.

One of the reasons why I asked this question is because we just wrapped up another recruiting season.

Supposedly the 4-3 can be hard to recruit too because it's hard to find DT's.

It seems to me the 3-4 can also be hard to recruit too as it requires versatile OLB's and 2 gap players, whether it's on the line or at LB.

So I think there's no right answer but just wanted to see what the board preferred.

The hard thing about a real 4-3 anymore is teaching the LBs vs the million different looks you see on offense from week to week. They literally have to be able to do everything, from everywhere.

Reactions: bshirt73
4-3 on 1st, 2nd, 3rd down and 4-2-5 on 3rd and anything over 4 yards. Hard part as we are finding out is finding athletic enough LBs to get to the QB in a 3-4. Way easier to get better DL who can do that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT