ADVERTISEMENT

Pola-Gates

This is irrelevant. No male between the ages of 11 and 21 wears a coat. Ever. At the Nebraska high school my son attends all of the students come rolling out to the parking lot in hoodies and shorts. In December.
Love it and agree.

But remember, they're Midwest kids. We develop thick blood. I played football with three kids from California, and when temps dropped below 50-60 degrees, the full long-sleeve gear came out. It was hilarious. We would walk between classes with a long sleeve shirt on when the temps are 5-10 degrees out, they're in full eskimo gear b!tching the entire time.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Love it and agree.

But remember, they're Midwest kids. We develop thick blood. I played football with three kids from California, and when temps dropped below 50-60 degrees, the full long-sleeve gear came out. It was hilarious. We would walk between classes with a long sleeve shirt on when the temps are 5-10 degrees out, they're in full eskimo gear b!tching the entire time.

I grew up in Florida, and back in my childhood, when it hit 50 degrees outside it was FREEZING.

Nowadays I walk around in shorts when its 50 degrees, and I don't really like feeling hot in the summer anymore. *shrug*

It goes away fast. I remember right after college I moved to AZ. Was there the entire summer and the first time I came back to NE was Xmas. Thought I was going to freeze to death and it was mild that year at mid 30's. When you live in it you adapt either way.

Reactions: SC_'sker
It goes away fast. I remember right after college I moved to AZ. Was there the entire summer and the first time I came back to NE was Xmas. Thought I was going to freeze to death and it was mild that year at mid 30's. When you live in it you adapt either way.

Andy maybe the bolded is what we should be selling...? I wonder if there are more who can confirm that moving to cold climate takes some adjustment but your body adapts just like it does to heat? Or no?

Andy maybe the bolded is what we should be selling...? I wonder if there are more who can confirm that moving to cold climate takes some adjustment but your body adapts just like it does to heat? Or no?

I think your body adjusts to the cold similarly as it does the heat. When I go from Texas to Nebraska or Colorado at Christmas time, by the time the second weekend rolls around, the cold isn't near as bad as it was the 1st weekend. If I only stay for a few days, I don't usually get used to it. But I am old

Hilarious...me too! I ended up living there for about 9 years.

I read where Pola-Gates will not sign until February. His final three is Nebraska, Arizona St and USC. Bama is out because they wouldn't wait on him to decide. He will still announce his choice on January 19 at the Poly Bowl.

The weather in Phoenix is really only good Nov through April. The whole thing about climate though is overrated. I rarely, if ever, hear that a recruit cares about the weather. They want to go where they can excel in all areas (athletically, academically, socially) and put themselves where they can win and be a high draft pick. They care more about the campus and university than the surrounding environment.
USC is an example of a place that has a great weather, but a shitty overall environment outside of the university. Step off campus and you are in a gangland where students can and do get killed. It's surrounded by freeways and smog. The good parts of Socal are an hour away and inaccessible to a student most of the time. Would I go out of my way to go to USC over a cold weather location? Hell no.

The weather in Phoenix is really only good Nov through April. The whole thing about climate though is overrated. I rarely, if ever, hear that a recruit cares about the weather. They want to go where they can excel in all areas (athletically, academically, socially) and put themselves where they can win and be a high draft pick. They care more about the campus and university than the surrounding environment.
USC is an example of a place that has a great weather, but a shitty overall environment outside of the university. Step off campus and you are in a gangland where students can and do get killed. It's surrounded by freeways and smog. The good parts of Socal are an hour away and inaccessible to a student most of the time. Would I go out of my way to go to USC over a cold weather location? Hell no.

I think weather in general is overrated as well. We’ve had a bundle of good players from warm climates and Nebraska isnt the only team to do so. I think the biggest factors are proximity and the football program in general.

ADVERTISEMENT