ADVERTISEMENT

Please no

Lincoln100

Head Coach
Jun 16, 2010
I sometimes listen to the ticket in the morning, and this morning those yahoos all seemed to think it would be s good thing to storm the field if we beat CO.

how can anyone think beating an average CO team, 4-8 last year, and storming the field, wouldn’t be anything but completely embarrassing? Fss.

I sometimes listen to the ticket in the morning, and this morning those yahoos all seemed to think it would be s good thing to storm the field if we beat CO.

how can anyone think beating an average CO team, 4-8 last year, and storming the field, wouldn’t be anything but completely embarrassing? Fss.
Yeah, I get where you’re coming from. Colorado is not a great program and they’re not ranked. That said, there’s a lot riding on the outcome of this game and winning it is pretty gratifying from the point of view that we are progressing toward being great again. We’ve been down so long. It’s been 10 years since we were even average.

Remember that the current 20 somethings would view this as a reason to storm the field - they have endured nothing but crap every year since they were born. I agree, with our history, we should never storm the field.
Damn straight. We politely clap for our defeated foes, calmly walk back to the sedan and drive home 1 mph under the speed limit.

Under ideal circumstances, the evening is capped off by telling Marge to go lay on the bed.

Yeah, I get where you’re coming from. Colorado is not a great program and they’re not ranked. That said, there’s a lot riding on the outcome of this game and winning it is pretty gratifying from the point of view that we are progressing toward being great again. We’ve been down so long. It’s been 10 years since we were even average.
I don’t think this game is much of a sign of anything, other than to show that we may no longer be headcases. CO is average. We could lose the game and still have a good year. Much of the gratification for me will come from beating the clown show. Funny thing is CO talks about how they are everyone’s Super Bowl, which I thought was laughable, but if our fan base storms the field, maybe that is justification for neon and that they are, at least for a N, their superbowl

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
I don’t think this game is much of a sign of anything, other than to show that we may no longer be headcases. CO is average. We could lose the game and still have a good year. Much of the gratification for me will come from beating the clown show. Funny thing is CO talks about how they are everyone’s Super Bowl, which I thought was laughable, but if our fan base storms the field, maybe that is justification for neon and that they are, at least for a N, their superbowl
People make decisions based on emotions, not logic. This will be a highly charged emotional game due to the long nature of the rivalry and our disdain for the neon clown show. The emotion is going to drive the motion. We beat them and people are gonna want to celebrate. I’d be concerned if husker fans weren’t hyped for this game.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
People make decisions based on emotions, not logic. This will be a highly charged emotional game due to the long nature of the rivalry and our disdain for the neon clown show. The emotion is going to drive the motion. We beat them and people are gonna want to celebrate. I’d be concerned if husker fans weren’t hyped for this game.
Be hyped, be emotional, celebrate, just do it everywhere else but the field. It’s The alcohol that is going to drive the motion.

I'm all for it if the ending justifies it. Bring it!!! Imagine a come back or some sort of stop on 4th down to seal the win or a late INT by us in the endzone clinging to a 1 point win or late TD pass by DR to...whoever.

Yes, storm the gawd damn field and let it all out baby!!!!

Reactions: drubendall

They did have a point on one issue. It has been years since NU beat a Power 5 out-of-conference opponent, since 2016. Frost set this program back decades as far a respect is concerned.

Last edited:
I'm all for it if the ending justifies it. Bring it!!! Imagine a come back or some sort of stop on 4th down to seal the win or a late INT by us in the endzone clinging to a 1 point win or late TD pass by DR to...whoever.

Yes, storm the gawd damn field and let it all out baby!!!!
NO. We're not Colorado State. This is a crappy CU team and it's not like there's a conference title on the line. It would be embarrassing to storm the field. IF this game is close, we're not a very good team.

how can anyone think beating an average CO team, 4-8 last year, and storming the field, wouldn’t be anything but completely embarrassing? Fs

That would be the most pathetic thing ever. I get that Nebraska hasn't won anything but Colorado isn't anything.

Haha..

This is CFB baby. Not church. If the game and ending justifies it, celebrate like it's 1999!!!!
Exactly. Beating a crappy CU team with a lowlife coach doesn't justify NU storming the field. Just turn your back on them and scratch dirt over their carcasses. Celebrate at the bars if you want but don't do anything to elevate their status on that field. They suck.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Exactly. Beating a crappy CU team with a lowlife coach doesn't justify NU storming the field. Just turn your back on them and scratch dirt over their carcasses.

OK....riddle me this Batman

Given the choice between two outcomes, first being the same ole outcome for the laat 25 years and a loss..

...second being a thrilling game and wild ending with a win for the good guys... field storm, who ya got???

Please tell me you're going to choose door #2

I think we should throw watches onto the field after we beat them.

Edit: and purses
Love And Hip Hop Reality Tv GIF by VH1

being worried about the potential of us not being nice enough in the case of a win is a prime example of some of yall being soft to a fault.

we're 0-3 against Colorado this last decade, and their own players would gladly shove their audemars piguet in your face if they win.

who gives a shit if some fans are excited?

being worried about the potential of us not being nice enough in the case of a win is a prime example of some of yall being soft to a fault.

we're 0-3 against Colorado this last decade, and their own players would gladly shove their audemars piguet in your face if they win.

Exactly. Also, people need to quit telling other people how to be a fan. If you want to remain subdued and just cheer fine. Some people are going to be obnoxious and I am here for it. Colorado can **** themselves. They deserve every ounce of hate they get.

If we didnt storm for CU in 2008 after the Henry kick and Suh faceplant, or the OSU comeback in 2011 or the Michigan State Brandon Reilly TD in 2015 or the NW hail mary, we aint storming for this team. We can play "let me clear my throat" and dance around, and be crazy, but no one will storm the field. Those dudes on the ticket have really lost me over the last few years. Its so painful to listen to. 1 minute of listening to them call each other nicknames and laugh at inside jokes or one of the former players or coaches talk about how they did it in the 90s, and then 4 minutes of the same 6 commercials. On repeat, all day. Grating.

They did have a point on one issue. It has been years since NU beat a Power 5 out-of-conference opponent. Frost set this program back decades as far a respect is concerned.
I dont understand why that is relevant. Yeah, we have sucked, especially by our standards and expectations, so we should act like the win is a huge deal because we didn’t suck on that specific night?

Has nothing to do with “being nice” or excitement.

I'd rather a game like last week and maybe folks getting bored and leaving early to beat the traffic

They did have a point on one issue. It has been years since NU beat a Power 5 out-of-conference opponent, since 2016. Frost set this program back decades as far a respect is concerned.
I always think of that Husker Hounds? interview around 2018 where the owners of a merchandise store were so despondent (practically crying) due to the apathy and state of Nebraska football due to the Riley regime. They were so relieved that Frost was here to turn things around. Little did they, and all of us know, that sucking the bottom of the barrel had just started to begin.

Reactions: leodisflowers
If we didnt storm for CU in 2008 after the Henry kick and Suh faceplant, or the OSU comeback in 2011 or the Michigan State Brandon Reilly TD in 2015 or the NW hail mary, we aint storming for this team. We can play "let me clear my throat" and dance around, and be crazy, but no one will storm the field. Those dudes on the ticket have really lost me over the last few years. Its so painful to listen to. 1 minute of listening to them call each other nicknames and laugh at inside jokes or one of the former players or coaches talk about how they did it in the 90s, and then 4 minutes of the same 6 commercials. On repeat, all day. Grating.
Spot on. As to the show, there is a grand total of about 5 minutes of sports discussion, most of which you have to really listen for thru the constant giggling and yelling. I try 590 on occasion for DB, but it has Ravi lula (so?) on it, which is painful as hell, and 1620 is fairly stale. Any other local options?

Spot on. As to the show, there is a grand total of about 5 minutes of sports discussion, most of which you have to really listen for thru the constant giggling and yelling. I try 590 on occasion for DB, but it has Ravi lula (so?) on it, which is painful as hell, and 1620 is fairly stale. Any other local options?
I like DB, but I know he bugs a lot of people. He does talk about Westside a bit much. I usually bounce around stations until I find someone who actually has something interesting to talk about. Usually the ticket, 590 and 1620 if it comes in. 1400 is good on Friday mornings. Usually when I land on the ticket its a commercial, so I never listen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT