ADVERTISEMENT

Planting right leg

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
just for comparison, I understand a qb can pass from about any position required. but generally the right foot is planted.

v0gq5ez96fxv8bm3lyeh

7bf9e9cd-3693-496d-9b85-e6077deefad6_1.4d491d4627d45de3cd341b65cb9f04a8.jpeg

DanMarino16x20_800x.jpg

4d45be09059a34a2e60113dd7c299e82.jpg

Joe-Montana-49ers-1979.jpg

it looks like martinez has the right leg kinda locked, he should bend the right knee a lil more,
bring the left foot up a lil more.. the right leg should be like a spring

well adrian has his right foot down, which took a while to bring along, but if he's the man next year, there still work ahead. just a couple things different and he may zig that thing

What is suppose to prove?
prove? I'm not sure what you mean..

I posted this because during the season, question arose in the media about martinez's passing mechanics, and was commented on by frost and the qb coach..in fact the right foot was specifically mentioned by a coach....

a picture on the front page triggered me to make this post about it.
so to get a better visual on what was being said I posted a comparison to what I think of as proper mechanics by others thru time.

in frost's passing system proper qb throwing mechanics is, in my estimation vital...and from the picture posted it looks like martinez does in fact have his weight on the right foot..
I was reminded by a fellow poster that we had another martinez who had questionable mechanics..and I don't know if it's time, or some kinda shell shock stockholm syndrome that I forgot..

with a high probability of martinez returning, I look forward to more advancement with his throwing mechanics, especially since NU is being promoted as a launch pad for NFL passing careers. and the run game is shunned as some kinda ancient relic from antiquity, like lion grappling or bull jumping.

prove? I'm not sure what you mean..

I posted this because during the season, question arose in the media about martinez's passing mechanics, and was commented on by frost and the qb coach..in fact the right foot was specifically mentioned by a coach....

a picture on the front page triggered me to make this post about it.
so to get a better visual on what was being said I posted a comparison to what I think of as proper mechanics by others thru time.

in frost's passing system proper qb throwing mechanics is, in my estimation vital...and from the picture posted it looks like martinez does in fact have his weight on the right foot..
I was reminded by a fellow poster that we had another martinez who had questionable mechanics..and I don't know if it's time, or some kinda shell shock stockholm syndrome that I forgot..

with a high probability of martinez returning, I look forward to more advancement with his throwing mechanics, especially since NU is being promoted as a launch pad for NFL passing careers. and the run game is shunned as some kinda ancient relic from antiquity, like lion grappling or bull jumping.

So you took a bunch of random photos and compared them to a random photo of Martiniez.....talk about some a solid breakdown of throwing motions.

In the original picture, he's clearly throwing a very short pass towards the sideline. Judging his mechanics on that type of throw is typical msg board BS.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Reactions: BleedRed78
Which of Adrians legs or ankles are injured right now? Could be why his form sucks right now. It didnt seem that bad earlier in the year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Which of Adrians legs or ankles are injured right now? Could be why his form sucks right now. It didnt seem that bad earlier in the year.
You're probably not wrong. Which is amazing we can't put a backup in when our starter is banged up to the point where his very mechanics suffer for it. And I'm tied of people saying we don't have a backup. Retarded. We do, he's been in when AM for hurt or we had a lead against cupcakes, and he seemed fairly decent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT