ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Johnson steps down at G Tech

About how he did at GT. Good, not great.
Exactly. I know there was a small group of people that wanted him here, but I don't think he did much at Georgia Tech to prove that he would have been a good hire for us. He had a couple of great seasons(and a couple of bad seasons), but other than that was pretty average.

Well we've all seen how hard it is to transition from option, so even though I think we would have been a better program than having had Pelini and Riley, I think post Johnson would have been tough, unless you went with Navy's coach to replace him.

Well we've all seen how hard it is to transition from option, so even though I think we would have been a better program than having had Pelini and Riley, I think post Johnson would have been tough, unless you went with Navy's coach to replace him.
Niumatalolo may be one of the last coaches who run the option in major CFB. It's sad to see, but the game really has evolved...

I'm not really a fan of the double wing option like Johnson ran, I liked the option we ran under Tom,

And right now I think we have one of the best in the business teaching the spread option offense

I'm not really a fan of the double wing option like Johnson ran, I liked the option we ran under Tom,

And right now I think we have one of the best in the business teaching the spread option offense

We didnt really run the option, like Johnson does. We ran option, along with ten other things.

We didnt really run the option, like Johnson does. We ran option, along with ten other things.

People do seem to forget that. We were a power running team that had a strong dose of option for sure, but we really weren't a "pure" triple option offense like the one Johnson ran where almost every play is an option.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Everyone wanted to honk the horn on option = championship when he was first down there. Turns out you need more than an offense that's hard for your scout team to run. Solid team, never great. I'm glad NU never hired him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT