ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Fitzgerald is a class act....

So this week you're bringing up something that was discussed last week?

With "all of the comments"? Please, those were few and far between last week too.
Lots of people throughout this year have said Riley deserves a minimum of four years no matter what. It seems disingenuous to say that early in the year and then act like those statements were never made in force on this page.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
A, yea. Duh. My team lost to Northwestern at football at home. Are you one of the 12 NW football fans? What did you see a highlight of the score or something and that’s why you responded 5 hours after my post?
I am one of the 12 fans. Nebraska has the best fan base in the B1G. Almost all of the 49,988 that visit Evanston for your game are fine people. Just hope you aren’t one of them making the trip. Your attack on the opponents is not the best look when you had numerous chances to salt it away. See the rest of you next year.

Reactions: rmndcat
Again, congratulations on your win, Purple Pile Driver. Always have liked Fitz as a coach. Good luck the rest of the way. Hope you guys win out.

Lots of people throughout this year have said Riley deserves a minimum of four years no matter what. It seems disingenuous to say that early in the year and then act like those statements were never made in force on this page.
Guess every single week there's a loss it should always be brought up.

I do believe there are some who have said Riley needs time, but now think it'd be best if Nebraska moved on from Riley.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I am one of the 12 fans. Nebraska has the best fan base in the B1G. Almost all of the 49,988 that visit Evanston for your game are fine people. Just hope you aren’t one of them making the trip. Your attack on the opponents is not the best look when you had numerous chances to salt it away. See the rest of you next year.

I must say I'm in agreement. Not sure why some of you guys must be so undignified in defeat. Does the Husker nation reputation for being some of the classiest fans around a great disservice.

Sees the writing on the wall and seemed pretty upset about what will likely be Riley's fate. Good luck the rest of the way, Wildcat fans.

On another note, NU never quit. Hats of to Riley and the staff for keeping this team focused enough for this team to not totally collapse.....2007-style.

4th and 5 on the wildcat 40 with 58 seconds left in the 4th and you punt the ball, that is the dictionary definition of not believing in your team and quitting.

Of coarse Fitz wants him to stay, he knows he can beat him.

Reactions: ssmill777
Great description of NU football right now in this article: "Nebraska occasionally does some things well – it’s never easy to tell when or what might be good in any given game – but never enough things well to be any better than exactly what it is."

I've watched Kansas play a few times this year and have thought the same thing about them. They occasionally play well at times - but there is no single thing that you can rely on. Just little spurts of decent play, but in the end you are what you are.

Reactions: ssmill777
He wants us to keep Riley so he can continue to kick our tails annually

He would be classy to your coach if you guys had just won and were 8-0, as well as if you were 0-8. He's not stupid; he knows he may want to hire Riley someday, or one of his assistants, or someone who played for him, etc. Coaching is a small world and you don't burn bridges if you can avoid it.

I must say I'm in agreement. Not sure why some of you guys must be so undignified in defeat. Does the Husker nation reputation for being some of the classiest fans around a great disservice.
I for one will apologize for the rude responses. There is (unfortunately) a younger fan base that doesn't value being gracious in victory and complimentary in defeat. It may be the sign of the times, I don't know. Congrats on the OT victory!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT