ADVERTISEMENT

PART III: There is more to Smothers than being a top QB...

I’m curious which QB will take over for Martinez...L McCaffery or will it be Smothers?? Both look very good and appear to be ideal QBs for Frosts offense. Now here a question for everyone...is either one good enough to take Martinez spot??

... you guys sound like the type that thinks of a hypothetical woman whilst having sex with a real woman. Relax, enjoy the ride and please be a considerate lover. #rock-it-till-the-wheels-fall-off

I’m curious which QB will take over for Martinez...L McCaffery or will it be Smothers?? Both look very good and appear to be ideal QBs for Frosts offense. Now here a question for everyone...is either one good enough to take Martinez spot??
I have a feeling Vedral will be part of the discussion too...

I will keep my mouth shut of my feelings about how things are if Vedral is ever our starting QB!

I will keep my mouth shut of my feelings about how things are if Vedral is ever our starting QB!

Please do. If he is ever our starting QB, it means he beat out some decent QBs.

Please do. If he is ever our starting QB, it means he beat out some decent QBs.

Or a lot of people got hurt. We are now looking at a JUCO walk on as 2nd string. A few weeks ago, this place was giddy having two - 4* QB's in the fold. Now..............not so much.

Or a lot of people got hurt. We are now looking at a JUCO walk on as 2nd string. A few weeks ago, this place was giddy having two - 4* QB's in the fold. Now..............not so much.

Well, I don't blame Gebbia. Is this board still high on Bunch?

I don't think either will. The next QB after 2AM will probably be someone else.

History shows either McCaffrey or Smothers will transfer. 1/2 of all 4 star & higher QB's will transfer from their original school, so I am taking the wait & see approach to quarterbacks.

Reactions: huskerfan66
History shows either McCaffrey or Smothers will transfer. 1/2 of all 4 star & higher QB's will transfer from their original school, so I am taking the wait & see approach to quarterbacks.

Smothers is a 2020, he is playing his junior year in high school. We don't even know if he will make it here.

Reactions: TheBeav815

McCaffrey gives you the option to play a different position as well though...how open he'd be to that idea will have to be determined down the road

McCaffrey gives you the option to play a different position as well though...how open he'd be to that idea will have to be determined down the road
That was my gut feeling with McCaffrey is you get him on the field at WR or Duck-R and also have him as a backup QB if he doesn't win a starting job. His brother looked ok for Michigan, I felt like they should have left him in the way Patterson was cramping and choking out there.

I like Smothers. I also hope they take two QBs this class to get their numbers back up.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Smothers is a 2020, he is playing his junior year in high school. We don't even know if he will make it here.

With Martinez here and McCaffery coming in next year...I’m truly not to worried. But honestly, I don’t see Frost bombing it and letting the team fall apart. I’d assume we progress and get better all year and next years schedule does favor us...yeah I don’t see Smothers flipping on us. That usually happens when a player is expecting to see a solid team or progression and it doesn’t happen. They tend to give up on said team and again, I don’t see that happening under Frost and his staff.

That was my gut feeling with McCaffrey is you get him on the field at WR or Duck-R and also have him as a backup QB if he doesn't win a starting job. His brother looked ok for Michigan, I felt like they should have left him in the way Patterson was cramping and choking out there.

I like Smothers. I also hope they take two QBs this class to get their numbers back up.

Wait...what...I thought Pattersonneas the almighty savior at QB that any all teams had wet dreams over having. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT