ADVERTISEMENT

Parking

drubendall

Head Coach
Apr 18, 2004
Where is your favorite place park for games and why?

I dont mind walking. I mostly favor ease of access to and fro.

The Center Park garage (11th & O) is easy in & out.
The Red, Blue or Green, if you’re going to hang out in the Rail Yard after and you’re in no hurry to get out.

I usually just park at the lot right behind ATO across the street where the Amigos used to be on Q. Decent walk and pretty easy in and out. With that said, I'm glad I don't have to deal with it anymore and just stay at the Embassy.

Reactions: drubendall

We like to park down by Tico's. They have great margaritas and we'll usually try to eat there either before or after the game. It's quick and easy and you can sit in the small bar area where they have a couple of TVs tuned to football. Love their Chile Rellenos and chips.

I usually just park at the lot right behind ATO across the street where the Amigos used to be on Q. Decent walk and pretty easy in and out. With that said, I'm glad I don't have to deal with it anymore and just stay at the Embassy.
I know they're doing a reno, but I stayed at the Embassy last winter and our room was like taking a time machine back to 2000! I didn't realize it was in such need of an update. I was working downtown when it was built and we all walked over to gawk when it was on fire.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Have taken this from NorthStar as well as Gateway Mall. IMO, pretty easy process each time.
I took it to a A&M game, easy parking, have exact change, dropped us off in front of the east stadium (looks like they drop off folks 3 blocks from the stadium now), then back to the car after the game..
I parked at frat houses north of the stadium and hoofed it over the bridge alot..but North Star seems easier..plus your car ain't trapped in like it can be at frat houses

Last edited:
Reactions: drubendall
Several different side streets in the Russian bottoms. Not a bad walk at all and it is free
I've parked there a lot. Beware if you don't get there early enough, like 90 min before KO there is danger of no more parallel parking and then you are stuck in there and screwed. Also, after the game the mass of people walking on the 10th street viaduct over the tracks can be intimidating for anybody claustrophobic.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
We like to park down by Tico's. They have great margaritas and we'll usually try to eat there either before or after the game. It's quick and easy and you can sit in the small bar area where they have a couple of TVs tuned to football. Love their Chile Rellenos and chips.
I am staying at friends’ house in SE Lincoln. I just take Uber.

I've parked there a lot. Beware if you don't get there early enough, like 90 min before KO there is danger of no more parallel parking and then you are stuck in there and screwed. Also, after the game the mass of people walking on the 10th street viaduct over the tracks can be intimidating for anybody claustrophobic.
Yes. You must get there early!

Is there still parking at Haymarket Park, or is that a season-pass-only thing? Years ago I found that to be an easy way to park close to the stadium and the Railyard without driving in any downtown traffic.

Is that just an empty lot now??

Also, I know some people worry about parking but there is nothing to worry about, you will always find a spot. Hell I think the meters are off on gameday, if you drive around for a few minutes you can always find something.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Is that just an empty lot now??

Also, I know some people worry about parking but there is nothing to worry about, you will always find a spot. Hell I think the meters are off on gameday, if you drive around for a few minutes you can always find something.
No idea. I haven't parked in probably 6 years... I live out of state and started flying to Lincoln instead of Omaha so there is no need for a car. You are probably right.

Reactions: BTF69
I know my old frat used to charge for parking on gameday. I am sure they still do. Not a bad spot to be on 15th and R. I still with they would just block off R street on game day and let those frats party on their front lawns, have music set up, make it a great atmosphere.

I know my old frat used to charge for parking on gameday. I am sure they still do. Not a bad spot to be on 15th and R. I still with they would just block off R street on game day and let those frats party on their front lawns, have music set up, make it a great atmosphere.
Agreed. I wish R Street would just become a green space. No need for that street.

Agreed. I wish R Street would just become a green space. No need for that street.
It would be such a great area for college kids to tailgate on game day. UNL needs to embrace it more, I know they set up tailgate spots at the union now, that is a great start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT