ADVERTISEMENT

OWH: Rape reported at TA's house

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrong!! just because a lot of guys on here say this, it's not always accurate. i would bet many of these same dudes won't
admit to using the little blue pill or the pill that starts with a "C" either.

in any event, i pray this gets settled soon, the woman involved gets the help she needs and the party who is the true suspect
gets what he deserves.

Oh, come on!!

Nobody used those pills.

Just ask any guy.

Winking

If a girl is willing to go to the hospital the next day, file a report, and take a rape kit, I would assume something terrible has happened. People just don't go do that stuff because they regret what they did last night.

Patrick Kane begs to differ[/QUOTE]

Having charges dropped just means Patrick Kane isn't going to jail, doesn't mean he is innocent by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a huge Blackhawks fan and that isn't the best case to prove your point.

Imagine if that was your daughter, it basically comes down to a he said, she said with little evidence to support your claim and the local newspapers release her name to the public. Bet she got quite a bit of emails and letters calling her a slut because she accused their professional sports star a rapist. I bet you would just want to end the accusation as well.

Because there will always be jock-sniffers, both men and women, unfortunately. There are those that want to be them, and those that want to f__k them, no matter the measure of "success."

I would think 5-6 would promote a don't throw interceptions parties or throw off the correct foot or run the ball more parties. there's plenty time in the off season for carrying on with that other stuff.
Not trying to start trouble but 5-6 calls for more focus.
westercamp is doing ok. but he could allways improve on blocking and catching td's.
Iowa is going to be here before we know it, and this is a pivital must win game for many reasons.
we need to show the nation beating top 10 teams isn't flukish in nature.
we need to be 6-6 so the bowl would make us 7-6.
7-6 is not great by any means but during a transitional season can be bearable.
there are hawkeye fans at my place of employment, one of them is a great guy, the other a bum. both need to known their role.
next year the games are a bit more rough, ohio state comes back into the picture,
and you don't beat ohio state by carrying on with house parties.
I could go on, but I think we all get the picture.

I would think 5-6 would promote a don't throw interceptions parties or throw off the correct foot or run the ball more parties. there's plenty time in the off season for carrying on with that other stuff.
westercamp is doing ok. but he could allways improve on blocking and catching td's.
Iowa is going to be here before we know it, and this is a pivital must win game for many reasons.
there are hawkeye fans at my place of employment, one of them is a great guy, the other a bum. both need to known their role.
next year the games are a bit more rough, ohio state comes back into the picture,

You could go on, but you'll continue to sound foolish. The '94, '95, '97 Huskers and Ohio State didn't throw house parties. Laughing:rolleyes:

You could go on, but you'll continue to sound foolish. The '94, '95, '97 Huskers and Ohio State didn't throw house parties. Laughing:rolleyes:

those teams earned the right to throw house parties <sarcasm>

who knows maybe the parties involved were watching a replay of the Rutgers game and decided to do a shot every time Tommy made a horrendous decision and got hopped up enough to make some bad decisions

those teams earned the right to throw house parties <sarcasm>

who knows maybe the parties involved were watching a replay of the Rutgers game and decided to do a shot every time Tommy made a horrendous decision and got hopped up enough to make some bad decisions

But one has to wait for the results of the season to determine if the house party is warranted, so anything during the season is considered premature and blasphemous :D

You sound like somebody who A) Didn't play college sports; B) Didn't go to college; or C) Both

Hosting parties is fine. Letting your friends have sex at your place is not a good idea. Letting acquaintances have sex at your place is very dumb.

If this played out like it sounds like they said it did, I hope they've learned something valuable here. Your "friends" will treat your place like a toilet if you let them.

So it doesn't sound like the accused was a player (or at least a player that lived at the house) but it came out that the victim is 20 years old. Assuming that the rape didn't happen in front of the players eyes I would think the only thing TA, JW would be concerned with is if the victim was downing booze in the house that was provided by the players. In that case they could get hit with a contributing alcohol to a minor type thing (but I am not in law enforcement so what do I know).

So it doesn't sound like the accused was a player (or at least a player that lived at the house) but it came out that the victim is 20 years old. Assuming that the rape didn't happen in front of the players eyes I would think the only thing TA, JW would be concerned with is if the victim was downing booze in the house that was provided by the players. In that case they could get hit with a contributing alcohol to a minor type thing (but I am not in law enforcement so what do I know).
Yeah, I've been to a few house parties myself and it isn't like people are carding their guests. I'm sure more details will trickle out. Regardless of who's involved/culpable I hope for justice to be served. Whether that means people are cleared of any wrongdoing or prosecuted depends on what happened this weekend.

From a fans perspective, I hope no football players were involved. If there were, my hope is that they are dealt with severely. Husker football is something I take pride in rooting for and expect the program to behave accordingly.

SIAP and this may be a dumb question but I wonder how these guys live in such a nice house.
Does room and board of the scholly cover off campus housing? Or is one of their parents well enough off that they can live here?

SIAP and this may be a dumb question but I wonder how these guys live in such a nice house.
Does room and board of the scholly cover off campus housing? Or is one of their parents well enough off that they can live here?
Pretty sure westys fam is well off

Reactions: huskerbux

If Tommy can afford to blow $1500 on a hoverboard, I think he's doing OK financially.

Splitting house rent with 2 other people is often much cheaper than renting a 1-BR apartment by yourself.

If Tommy can afford to blow $1500 on a hoverboard, I think he's doing OK financially.

Splitting house rent with 2 other people is often much cheaper than renting a 1-BR apartment by yourself.
Yep, just figured even splitting rent with a couple college guys usually resulted in a Delta House type place. Times have changed! Forgot about the hoverboard thing.

Amazing what some parents can pay for when they don't have to pay for tuition, books, meals, etc.

Reactions: tpmcg and unIowa
Mortgage on it is probably cheaper than appartment rent.

Reactions: unIowa
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT