ADVERTISEMENT

OWH: Rape reported at TA's house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was curious if anyone on your board had any "inside scoop" on the case. Scroll down and this is the first thing I read. Delusional crap.
Yes, by all means, let's tag an entire fanbase with a reputation based on one clearly sarcastic post on one thread on one board. I'm quite sure every single post on every Iowa board is thoughtful, intelligent and reasoned, are they?

Tough situation. Rape and sexual assult has a ridiculously low convict rate too. Unless there is overwhelming evidence (video, text messages, first hand witness) or a confession, it is almost impossible.

If a girl is willing to go to the hospital the next day, file a report, and take a rape kit, I would assume something terrible has happened. People just don't go do that stuff because they regret what they did last night.

So in a thread of almost 40 posts, you managed to scroll down through all the other posts just to land on that one single dumb sarcastic post by one single fan?? That was the "first thing" you read? GTFO...
This. Nice "selective reading" by a Hawkeye fan.

I think "parties" get thrown around too liberally and probably is in this case. When I think of college parties I think multi-keg (we went through 11 at one of mine) and hundreds of people. This could be the case of 10-20 people just gathering together and doing what college kids do...10-20 people isn't a party. It is like your pre-bar gathering before heading out.

These kids need to have social lives as well, they aren't robots.

Yes they need to have social lives, but I guarantee that they are getting an ass chewing for this happening at their house. If it were a smaller party it would look even worse for them as one would think they would have knowledge of what happened.

As this is a guess only, If the cops say they should be fine, it was a deal where both parties were trashed and started to practice making a baby. She regretted it the next day. Now if the cops are just saying that to not let these guys think too much into it, then they could be in some real trouble.

Again, don't put yourself into a position for this to happen at your home.

Maybe I'm old, but how do you have the energy to throw a house party at 2am after playing a football game and a 3-hour flight? I'd be ready to crash.

Reactions: kikdakan
Yes they need to have social lives, but I guarantee that they are getting an ass chewing for this happening at their house. If it were a smaller party it would look even worse for them as one would think they would have knowledge of what happened.

As this is a guess only, If the cops say they should be fine, it was a deal where both parties were trashed and started to practice making a baby. She regretted it the next day. Now if the cops are just saying that to not let these guys think too much into it, then they could be in some real trouble.

Again, don't put yourself into a position for this to happen at your home.
Hosting parties is fine. Letting your friends have sex at your place is not a good idea. Letting acquaintances have sex at your place is very dumb.

If this played out like it sounds like they said it did, I hope they've learned something valuable here. Your "friends" will treat your place like a toilet if you let them.

Hosting parties is fine. Letting your friends have sex at your place is not a good idea. Letting acquaintances have sex at your place is very dumb.

If this played out like it sounds like they said it did, I hope they've learned something valuable here. Your "friends" will treat your place like a toilet if you let them.

I have no details of the party, but I went to plenty in college that had sex all over the place (bathrooms, bedrooms, cars, outside, etc) and it never was a real big deal. It doesn't matter if you police it or not, it is going to happen. If it was just a small function, than I agree. Like I said I have no details of the case, but plenty of college kids are trying to get action.

I lived in the Bottoms so it is probably different (maybe? never been to the neighborhood they live in) but sometimes parties would bleed into each other from house to house. If neighbors were having a party, and we got home from the bars, we sometimes ended up over there or vice versa. Just a little more insight on how parties can sometimes work :D

How do you stop people from having sex?

I have no details of the party, but I went to plenty in college that had sex all over the place (bathrooms, bedrooms, cars, outside, etc) and it never was a real big deal. It doesn't matter if you police it or not, it is going to happen. If it was just a small function, than I agree. Like I said I have no details of the case, but plenty of college kids are trying to get action.
My impression is it was a small function, which would make it easier to police. And to be clear, I'm not blaming them if it went down like they said it did. I just don't get letting others have sex at your place. They're the ones who have to use those bathrooms, sleep in their beds, etc.

Uhh why are people talking about "morning regret" in this thread? Like, the incident occurred at 2:15 AM and the lady was at the police at 2:15. You'd have to be really terrible to make a girl regret it enough to accuse you of rape within 15 minutes.

Uhh why are people talking about "morning regret" in this thread? Like, the incident occurred at 2:15 AM and the lady was at the police at 2:15. You'd have to be really terrible to make a girl regret it enough to accuse you of rape within 15 minutes.
The woman arrived at the hospital at 2:30 PM Sunday. Not defending anything. Just stating the facts.

Reactions: DCBloodRed
If I am the coaches I get those players moved and soon. Their address has been posted everywhere!

If a girl is willing to go to the hospital the next day, file a report, and take a rape kit, I would assume something terrible has happened. People just don't go do that stuff because they regret what they did last night.[/QUOTE]

Patrick Kane begs to differ

Reactions: sparky62
The stupid thing is that at schools like Iowa and Nebraska they tend to jump on things like this quicker than most, and kids that are innocent (like TA and JW) get punished before it totally plays out. I honestly hope that doesn't happen and they play in two weeks. I can see it now - they get suspended and the "experts" continue to bash Iowa for not playing anyone.

Hate to make it only about football, because it is a much bigger deal than that if a girl truly was assaulted.

Just heard on radio that Riley didn't k now about this until 11 am today, and he wished he had heard sooner.

I'm going to assume that if TA or West didn't inform Riley, they felt they didn't need to since they were not considered suspects? Again, assumption, and could be wrong.

Man.. such a tough subject. Rape is absolute BS, but the following day regret after the alcohol burns off can ruin someone's life. Agree with the posters above. If it is rape throw the book, but if its fabricated, go after the accuser.
I completely understand this inclination but the problem is, there is often so much grey area in these sorts of cases. Even if a case can't be proven in court, it doesn't necessarily mean that the accuser has fabricated the incident. Moreover, you really don't want to do anything to discourage future victims from reporting legitimate crimes. The last thing you want are legitimate victims worried about criminal consequences for themselves should people not believe them.

Reactions: headcard
Just heard on radio that Riley didn't k now about this until 11 am today, and he wished he had heard sooner.

I'm going to assume that if TA or West didn't inform Riley, they felt they didn't need to since they were not considered suspects? Again, assumption, and could be wrong.
Wow. Not suggesting guilt or innocence of anyone named or unnamed... Shocking word traveled that slow back to CMR. Truly shocking ! and, doesn't suggest a pretty picture for openness or trust in the program.

Wedding cake cuts a woman's sex drive by 80%.

Eek
wrong!! just because a lot of guys on here say this, it's not always accurate. i would bet many of these same dudes won't
admit to using the little blue pill or the pill that starts with a "C" either.

in any event, i pray this gets settled soon, the woman involved gets the help she needs and the party who is the true suspect
gets what he deserves.

I hope this doesn't hang out there too long with no decision on whether to arrest. Just makes room for lots of rumors and suspicions.

Wow. Not suggesting guilt or innocence of anyone named or unnamed... Shocking word traveled that slow back to CMR. Truly shocking ! and, doesn't suggest a pretty picture for openness or trust in the program.

It is not truly shocking and suggests nothing about openess or trust in the program.

Reactions: newAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT