ADVERTISEMENT

Our offense sucks, our defense sucks, our playcalling

Nothing wrong with the defense today

I mean, we got gashed for a 63 yard touchdown run. SOMETHING was wrong, but they certainly weren't the main problem. That's perhaps the weirdest thing about this season. As the year went on, the defense, as you'd expect got quite a bit better. The offense regressed a bit, and quite badly in the last two games.

Congratulations to the coaching staff on their lucky Michigan State win though!

Totally makes up for the rest of the season!

Reactions: HuskAir
Pelini wouldn't have won nine this year either. If he was so amazing don't you suppose ysu would have won more games. Or does he get the time to build a program. All you people who sit behind your keyboards waiting for a loss can go shove it up your asses.

For such a great fan base a lot of Husker fans sure are fair weather pansies.

I mean, we got gashed for a 63 yard touchdown run. SOMETHING was wrong, but they certainly weren't the main problem. That's perhaps the weirdest thing about this season. As the year went on, the defense, as you'd expect got quite a bit better. The offense regressed a bit, and quite badly in the last two games.

Iowa took advantage of our run stopping safety being out. Did that play gash us after the long TD. Nope adjustment made.

Yep. He wins one game/year vs. a team he shouldn't beat, and loses to several he shouldn't lose to.
Unfortunately this is his track record. I'm sure he knows this year wasn't acceptable...but, he doesn't know what to do to coach a winning football program. Ginger should be ran out of Lincoln ASAP. He seriously screwed the pooch on this one. Amateur hour in Lincoln didn't leave with Pelini

Pelini wouldn't have won nine this year either. If he was so amazing don't you suppose ysu would have won more games. Or does he get the time to build a program. All you people who sit behind your keyboards waiting for a loss can go shove it up your asses.

I mean, there' a big difference between winning 9 games. And not going to a bowl. I agree Bo wouldn't have done MUCH better, but he'd have six wins. It's up to the fans whether they're ok with 6 or 7 wins from an 8th year head coach.

This staff is equally as bad. Langsdork has been terribly inconsistent all year. Don't even get me started on Mark fricken Banker

You might be easier to take seriously if you didn't employ the 3rd grade tactic of changing someone's last name to make it a "funny" insult. And Mark freaking Banker took a defense with almost no playmakers, and managed to make them respectable over the last three games of the year.

Reactions: Crushinator
I'm saying this staff has no future as someone who believes coaches need time.

Riley is not to blame for this one. Calling out Riley when his QB throws 4 picks is overlooking the real problem this game. The 4th and 1 call was weird, but Iowa was pretty stout in obvious running downs.

Yeah, we held cannzirri in checkRollingLaugh

Some Nebraska fans are just beyond stupid. Iowa is one of the best teams in the country and apparently, if we don't pitch a shutout, our DC is a moron. The guy had two good runs. ALL GAME. they hurt, but that's going to happen every now and then, even against the best defenses in the country.

RollingLaugh
Some Nebraska fans are just beyond stupid. Iowa is one of the best teams in the country and apparently, if we don't pitch a shutout, our DC is a moron. The guy had two good runs. ALL GAME. they hurt, but that's going to happen every now and then, even against the best defenses in the country.
RollingLaugh
wish we had 2 good runs RollingLaugh

Unfortunately this is his track record. I'm sure he knows this year wasn't acceptable...but, he doesn't know what to do to coach a winning football program. Ginger should be ran out of Lincoln ASAP. He seriously screwed the pooch on this one. Amateur hour in Lincoln didn't leave with Pelini
Why people ever supported him is mind-boggling. The rhetoric spouted here soon after his hire was even more dumbfounding. I think some donors (I am one, not any longer probably), were so happy so see Pelini gone, that Nebraska could've hired any inanimate object, and people would be defending it.

It's hard to believe that people support this program under this coaching staff. The scariest thing is that we now have to wait 6 months under the guise that Riley has any semblance of an idea of how to run the program. And we're going to see the very same thing next year.

Basically, we're going to have to wait until 2017. And even then, you'll have the very same characters here campaigning for whoever gives them better seats to watch a loss. AKA, the most infamous poster on this board.

I believe our defense has improved quite a bit since early season. Early on we made every QB look like Peyton manning. Everybody played pitch and catch all the way up and down the field. Not so anymore.
We did lose contain on the two left side runs with poor pursuit angles but the D is not the reason we lost.

Reactions: Crushinator

Our goal is to win more than 9 games. Do you honestly see Mike Riley ever going 12-0 here? Or even 10-2? It's just hard to see that happening.

Our goal is to win more than 9 games. Do you honestly see Mike Riley ever going 12-0 here? Or even 10-2? It's just hard to see that happening.

With a quarterback with even a modicum of decision making skills, we win at least four more games this year. And that's with very little in terms of playmakers around him. So yeah, 10-2 is hardly unrealistic.

With a quarterback with even a modicum of decision making skills, we win at least four more games this year. And that's with very little in terms of playmakers around him. So yeah, 10-2 is hardly unrealistic.

Not that Tommy didn't suck today, what 4 games are those. he put us in the lead in almost all of our games in the 4th qtr. Then our defense gave up drives. Those TD runs had just as much to do with Today's loss. Don't even get me started on the 30 years of experience Coach. Are you freakin kidding me. Riley should be embarrassed today. Borderline , he should resign.

He and Tommy are what they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT