ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Will there be another Covid lockdown?

Will there be another lockdown?

• Yes Everywhere on orders from Biden/Fauci

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • Only in Blue States/cities

Votes: 61 32.1%
  • In states/cities that decide they want to

Votes: 54 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • F*ck No, Never again! I'd rather watch NU, WI B1G championship game.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Oh, the revisionist history is indeed strong with you. Not that I'm overly surprised; you never really struck me as the brightest bulb. Trump said it was a hoax from the get-go, homeslice. And mocked masks. And the CDC. And of course Fauci. Then he himself got it. Was airlifted to a military hospital. After that, it was China's fault. Now, it's "the left" trying to infringe upon your rights by asking people to wear a mask and get vaccinated? Get bent. The "left" said it from the get-go. Apparently the leftists are made up of epidemiologists, virologists, doctors, etc. Would you like me to waste some of our time and find videos of tRump spewing lies all around, and mocking the science since the beginning? Or will you be too busy injecting hydroxychloroquine and drinking bleach to watch?

Try using paragraphs in the future. Especially if you’re going to through out insults questioning poster’s intelligence.

Trump was all about the vaccine. Please share a video of him telling people not to get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

Kamala said she wouldn’t get it… maybe that’s why black turnout for the vaccine is so poor. Talk about politics hurting the black population.

I received my second inoculation in May… I know this blows your small-minded view of reality.

Oh, the revisionist history is indeed strong with you. Not that I'm overly surprised; you never really struck me as the brightest bulb. Trump said it was a hoax from the get-go, homeslice. And mocked masks. And the CDC. And of course Fauci. Then he himself got it. Was airlifted to a military hospital. After that, it was China's fault. Now, it's "the left" trying to infringe upon your rights by asking people to wear a mask and get vaccinated? Get bent. The "left" said it from the get-go. Apparently the leftists are made up of epidemiologists, virologists, doctors, etc. Would you like me to waste some of our time and find videos of tRump spewing lies all around, and mocking the science since the beginning? Or will you be too busy injecting hydroxychloroquine and drinking bleach to watch?
So when Trump stopped flight from specific locations from entering the US he wasn’t ridiculed by the left? The mayor of NYC wasn’t telling the people of NYC to come on down to street festivals as Late as March 2020? I am pretty sure Pelosi or someone else on the left was telling people to come on down to Chinatown it’s safe. Then don’t forget about Fauci with his masks won’t protect you, you’ll play with them and get the stuff on your hands message.

So when Trump stopped flight from specific locations from entering the US he wasn’t ridiculed by the left? The mayor of NYC wasn’t telling the people of NYC to come on down to street festivals as Late as March 2020? I am pretty sure Pelosi or someone else on the left was telling people to come on down to Chinatown it’s safe. Then don’t forget about Fauci with his masks won’t protect you, you’ll play with them and get the stuff on your hands message.

Ralph is from an alternate reality where none of what you said happened.

In his reality, Lisa is the dumbest student while he is the smartest pupil.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
church in florida just lost 6 unvaxxed members in 10 days.
4 under 35, all relatively healthy.
several others hospitalized.
i see more stories like this each day.
we’ll see what happens this fall.
(do not support another lockdown, but would like to see better mitigation).
You see more garbage anecdotes every day? Do they hit you in your feelings? Are there any of a little girl in a hospital... because how can you just not care about a little girl, whom you've never met, you selfish jerk, in a hospital.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Hung out with some super spreaders last night. Don't they know we're in a deadly pandemic more contagious than chickenpox?
sVhNlNH.jpg

Looks like some want another lockdown which could affect CFB, which could be as soon as Friday 8/13. With some fearing the delta variant.
There basically already is another lockdown in places like NYC and LA where you can't enter restaurants, gyms, theaters, etc. without having proof of vaccination. It's another type of lockdown, just different in implementation than the first ones.

The other hospital system is Catholic and they are reluctant to mandate vaccination because of how the vaccine was developed. I still think it's ludicrous to not get vaccinated but I respect the right of people to refuse on the basis of their faith. Again, over 95% of people over the age of 65 have been vaccinated in this country. I would estimate that over 99% of the highest risk people in this country have been vaccinated. At this point, we need to get on with our lives and let people refusing vaccination worry about their own skin.

People with health conditions preventing them from getting vaccinated are just as much at risk from things like influenza. One potential health reason to not get vaccinated is a history of allergic reactions to vaccines of similar composition.

I don't really care what private businesses do as far as mandating vaccinations and it isn't the business of a sitting governor to tell them what to do or not do. That is the whole point. People can make informed choices and then live with the choices they make.
But you've said it's better to have had covid than to be vaccinated.

So if you've had covid, why get vaccinated and introduce new risks, however miniscule?

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Over 1,000 health professionals sign a letter saying, Don’t shut down BLM/Antifa protests using coronavirus concerns as an excuse​

As I've said over and over. We killed science, comedy, civilization ... so we could worship our new God: politics
Liberals are liberals first.

You missed the point, Numb Nuts. I am a product of a rural school system and they were speaking about the south. Go into the south and take a look around at the academic situation down there before you start with your name calling. There's a reason that there are a lot of junior colleges in the south. The truth hurts, but that's the south.

As far as Nebraska rural schools goes, ask Pete Ricketts what he thinks. He wants to consolodate rural schools and target that money to Catholic Schools. I, on the underhand, support Nebraska's small rural schools.
ugh. false.

The Nebraska taxpaying parents should have a choice to send their kids where they want. Why is this so awful.

Try using paragraphs in the future. Especially if you’re going to through out insults questioning poster’s intelligence.

Trump was all about the vaccine. Please share a video of him telling people not to get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.

Kamala said she wouldn’t get it… maybe that’s why black turnout for the vaccine is so poor. Talk about politics hurting the black population.

I received my second inoculation in May… I know this blows your small-minded view of reality.
@RiLLLLLLLLey
I went and played a round of golf (shot 90), and had a few beers with some friends after said round. I thought for sure you would have a video posted by now. Maybe tomorrow…

Reactions: HuskerO
But you've said it's better to have had covid than to be vaccinated.

So if you've had covid, why get vaccinated and introduce new risks, however minisicule?
I suspect that the CDC's reasoning on still recommending vaccinations for those who have had COVID is that there are a LARGE number of people who think they have had COVID but who actually have not. They had some other respiratory infection. I know of two people where that is true but I am positive that there are many many more. Personally I thought that I had a mild case of COVID due to a sore throat and this weird tingling and numbness in my nostrils. My test was negative and a later antibody test before I got vaccinated was negative.

Personally, though the CDC and my wife disagree, IF I would have tested positive for COVID, I would have waited up to a year before getting vaccinated. The problem comes in because not all people are probably going to develop long term immunity from natural infections or vaccination. Right now it's like 98%+ of people being hospitalized have not been vaccinated. The others are likely immunosuppressed folks who didn't produce a good immunity from vaccination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seascout3
just spent 6 hours in an airplane with about 200 of my closest friends as in elbow to elbow. Before that it was 4 hours in a wedding tent with 100+ no masks because it was "outside" in the Napa Valley. Wore a mask in the restaurants but took it off right away when we sat down as did everybody else. It's a joike. Flight attendants were taking their masks down so people could hear them. Of course after the snack tray went by everybody was coughing and choking on their pretzels.....but yeah the Sturgis Rally is once again getting credit by a few international news outlets for being a super spreader event.

All that said, the spike in serious cases is real in unvaccinated people. Sioux City is taking patients from Missouri and Sioux Falls's COVID ward is full and won't take any more. I know Northeast NE Dr's are seeing a rise in cases and hospitalizations as well and I suspect some of the areas hospitals will have to re-open some COVID wards. The average of hospitalized COVID patients is dropping probably because so many older folks have gotten the jab.

There basically already is another lockdown in places like NYC and LA where you can't enter restaurants, gyms, theaters, etc. without having proof of vaccination. It's another type of lockdown, just different in implementation than the first ones.
Just spent the weekend in Napa and they're wide open other than you have to wear a mask until you sit down. Kind of silly really.

Nope, Springfield, Missouri. Kids went 2 days for a while, then 4, then 5. We did have some shutdowns but they were over pretty quick. Masks were required only in the city, surrounding areas were split on masks. Common theme? 40% vaccinated in the immediate county and 20’s and 30%’s in surrounding communities. Biggest issue is rural hospitals transporting patients to Springfield, but now Springfield is peaking. We look to be on a down swing though so hopefully it continues.
Sioux City IA is taking MIssouri patients but Sioux Falls has all of the critical COVID patients they can take now. It's putting a squeeze on NE Nebraska and SE South Dakota small hospitals who don't have specialized care and now are running out of places to refer them to. This rise in cases is real and it's over 98% unvaccinated people.

Wow! Two-paragraph sentences! I guess I'm wayyy out of my league here...

Congrats on getting your second vaccine. I'm sure you had to go home and burn all your clothes and cry in the shower after. Gotta get that Fauci Ouchie, liberal stank off you.

And Orangie was not all about the vaccine. The only way he ever would endorse something is if there is something in it for him. He did once call the vaccine "a beautiful shot." And wanted it named after him.

And to say all the ardent anti-vaxxers aren't the way they are due to Fatty's disinformation campaign is an outright lie. Christ, the only time tRump actually publicly endorsed the vaccine was in late April of 2021 - after he was out of the White House. "Nobody should be forced; we have our freedoms," Trump said.

And I see you side-stepped virtually everything I mentioned in my reply to you. Because you know it all happened. And you know Orangie McFattypants has his lowly minions doing his bidding. Just last week, one of your GOP leaders congratulated an audience for not getting the vaccine.

And don't get me started on DeSantis. That guy is a real piece of work. And how Cheeto Man was able to get the vast majority of GOP leaders and caucus to fall for his antics is beyond me. But, hey, you have your freedoms to be dumb. That is true, unfortunately.

Wow! Two-paragraph sentences! I guess I'm wayyy out of my league here...

Congrats on getting your second vaccine. I'm sure you had to go home and burn all your clothes and cry in the shower after. Gotta get that Fauci Ouchie, liberal stank off you.

And Orangie was not all about the vaccine. The only way he ever would endorse something is if there is something in it for him. He did once call the vaccine "a beautiful shot." And wanted it named after him.

And to say all the ardent anti-vaxxers aren't the way they are due to Fatty's disinformation campaign is an outright lie. Christ, the only time tRump actually publicly endorsed the vaccine was in late April of 2021 - after he was out of the White House. "Nobody should be forced; we have our freedoms," Trump said.

And I see you side-stepped virtually everything I mentioned in my reply to you. Because you know it all happened. And you know Orangie McFattypants has his lowly minions doing his bidding. Just last week, one of your GOP leaders congratulated an audience for not getting the vaccine.

And don't get me started on DeSantis. That guy is a real piece of work. And how Cheeto Man was able to get the vast majority of GOP leaders and caucus to fall for his antics is beyond me. But, hey, you have your freedoms to be dumb. That is true, unfortunately.

Enjoy your echo chamber within your own head. Facts don’t agree with you, but unintelligent folks like yourself like to live in false realities.

Go home and burn my clothes? What are you talking about? You shouldn’t start drinking so early in the morning.

Great job with your paragraphs. It makes your incoherent babble a bit easier to digest.

Last edited:
I’m sure that’s why the CDC reported that the flu was down 98%. You realize that’s almost non existent right? Arguing that our kids were not kept like bubble boys for a year (we all were to a degree) is a losing battle. That’s why you keep making stuff up and I’m providing mainstream links even, that state the opposite.
This flu thing is suspect. We had the same exposure scenario for the flu last year as we had for COVID. No flu but lots of COVID? How is that possible. Wouldn't all of those unmasked people who got COVID also be equally susceptible to the flu?

OR, maybe in this country, every time someone got cold and flu symptoms, we tested them for COVID and then said that the symptoms were from COVID, when maybe they were flu symptoms and they just had asymptomatic COVID at the same time.

COVID masked the flu last year. The masks didn't stop it. If it had, then COVID would have stopped too. It makes no logical sense that COVID would spread wildly and the flu would just stop spreading at the same time.

@RiLLLLLLLLey
I went and played a round of golf (shot 90), and had a few beers with some friends after said round. I thought for sure you would have a video posted by now. Maybe tomorrow…
Sorry to hear about that 90. And apologies for not getting back to you in an expedient manner. Believe it or not, I do not read the board on a daily basis. Truly, I just figured you wouldn't want to rehash some of Fatty's greatest moments in the world of stupidity.

This flu thing is suspect. We had the same exposure scenario for the flu last year as we had for COVID. No flu but lots of COVID? How is that possible. Wouldn't all of those unmasked people who got COVID also be equally susceptible to the flu?

OR, maybe in this country, every time someone got cold and flu symptoms, we tested them for COVID and then said that the symptoms were from COVID, when maybe they were flu symptoms and they just had asymptomatic COVID at the same time.

COVID masked the flu last year. The masks didn't stop it. If it had, then COVID would have stopped too. It makes no logical sense that COVID would spread wildly and the flu would just stop spreading at the same time.
100% agree. The reasoning they gave for that is 100% BS. Questioning the TV actors’ narrative (Questioning is science) is not allowed because you’re a science denier. These are the same people that told us inflation would not happen.

Enjoy your echo chamber within your own head. Facts don’t agree with you, but unintelligent folks like yourself like to live in false realities.

Go home and burn my clothes? What are you talking about? You shouldn’t start drinking so early in the morning.

Great job with your paragraphs. It makes your incoherent babble a bit easier to digest.
I see someone hasn't seen The Crying Game...😂

Reactions: dinglefritz
Sorry to hear about that 90. And apologies for not getting back to you in an expedient manner. Believe it or not, I do not read the board on a daily basis. Truly, I just figured you wouldn't want to rehash some of Fatty's greatest moments in the world of stupidity.

Ok? So where’s the video of trump saying not to take vaccine?

Oh that’s right you were full of sh!t. Would you like me to post a video of Kamala saying she wouldn’t take the vaccine? Or how about your personal hero Cuomo?

I think I have your conspiracy hypothesis figured out.. Trump created warp speed to remove red tape & legal liability so companies like Pfizer and Moderna could create a vaccine. He didn’t create warp speed because he thought a vaccine would work, but instead so it would be named after him. This sound about right?

problem comes in because not all people are probably going to develop long term immunity from natural infections or vaccination. Right now it's like 98+ of people being hospitalized have not been vaccinated. The others are likely immunosuppressed folks who didn't produce a good immunity from vaccination.
There is no basis for this and the evidence we have shows the opposite wrt natural infections and immunity.

The 98% unvaccinated is a false, garbage statistic.

There is no basis for this and the evidence we have shows the opposite wrt natural infections and immunity.

Correct. Also, the people pushing this narrative, don't really believe it. It's easy to prove. Ask them the outcome of vaccinating every citizen while importing large numbers of disease-ridden unvaccinated people (carrying new strains citizens are not vaccinated against) who we refuse to track.
*crickets*
See

Right now it's like 98+ of people being hospitalized have not been vaccinated. The others are likely immunosuppressed folks who didn't produce a good immunity from vaccination.
There is a reporter out of California that said the reason for that number is because they’re simply being instructed not to test vaccinated people. I believe it was a nurse from a large hospital that was her source. I’ll try and find the link. That would absolutely explain that ludicrous number. It’s also still a high majority of old people hospitalized for Covid, and age group 65-74 is 82.2% vaccinated. Age group 75+ is 78% vaccinated. Given that data, that at least puts that 98-99% unvaccinated hospitalization figure into question, especially if we are claiming that hospitals are similarly crowded again.

There is a reason countries like Iceland and Gibraltar are locking down and wearing masks again even though they are 85% and 99.9% vaccinated, respectively. The shit is not working like they said it would and they are clearly lying about it.

Not at our hospital. I know we don't agree on everything with this deal but I think you need to pick a different hill to die on. It is a fact that vaccinations dramatically decrease your chance of being hospitalized and dying from COVID. They are seeing new hospitalizations in fully vaccinated people who are immunocompromised. My spouse started getting texts and phone calls from our area hospital when we were out in Napa over the weekend wondering when she would be back. ER was filling up with COVID patients and Sioux City and Sioux Falls were out of ICU beds because MIssouri hospitals were shipping patients up. They needed her back to care for critically ill patients. Empty parking lots doesn't really have anything to do with the number of people in ICU beds or wards with COVID because nobody can visit them and elective procedures are getting reduced if not shut down.

I appreciate many of your stances but you're just wrong on this one. I don't care whose tweets you post or what stats you want to put up, we're living it at our house. People need to get vaccinated. You do you, but people refusing to get vaccinated is hurting our chances of having an uninterrupted fall and winter sports season.

Last edited:
There is a reporter out of California that said the reason for that number is because they’re simply being instructed not to test vaccinated people. I believe it was a nurse from a large hospital that was her source. I’ll try and find the link. That would absolutely explain that ludicrous number. It’s also still a high majority of old people hospitalized for Covid, and age group 65-74 is 82.2% vaccinated. Age group 75+ is 78% vaccinated. Given that data, that at least puts that 98-99% unvaccinated hospitalization figure into question, especially if we are claiming that hospitals are similarly crowded again.

There is a reason countries like Iceland and Gibraltar are locking down and wearing masks again even though they are 85% and 99.9% vaccinated, respectively. The shit is not working like they said it would and they are clearly lying about it.
It's pretty clear that vaccinated people can, as I posted from the start, still get a virus. The goal is to reduce symptoms and transmission. The vaccines are reducing severity of disease and hospitalizations. It does appear though that the vaccines being used are not effective against the Lambda strain which is streaming across our southern border and being dropped by ICE in Florida among other places.

Last edited:
It's pretty clear that vaccinated people ca, as I posted from the start, still get a virus. The goal is to reduce symptoms and transmission. The vaccines are reducing severity of disease and hospitalizations. It does appear though that the vaccines being used are not effective against the Lambda strain which is streaming across our southern border and being dropped by ICE in Florida among other places.

Yay.. thanks Biden for the new variant. Scary if the vaccine does indeed not help with Lambda strain.

Yay.. thanks Biden for the new variant. Scary if the vaccine does indeed not help with Lambda strain.
I've only seen one story on that on Reuters and they're studying it further to see if that is true. It's why I will be somewhat relieved if I get infected with Delta while my vaccination immunity is hopefully still relatively high.

Am I the only one that got a chuckle out of someone defending their intelligence with the above bolded statement?

Reactions: WHCSC
Am I the only one that got a chuckle out of someone defending their intelligence with the above bolded statement?

Yeah yeah yeah .. throw* .

Hilarious..

Five of your last six posts are filled with grammatical errors.. I can’t stop laughing.

Yeah yeah yeah .. throw* .

Hilarious..

Five of your last six posts are filled with grammatical errors.. I can’t stop laughing.
Sheesh, you mean I got one right? Feeling pretty good.

You seem kind of intense. You should learn to laugh at yourself. Everyone makes mistakes. I can arrest to that.

Not at our hospital. I know we don't agree on everything with this deal but I think you need to pick a different hill to die on. It is a fact that vaccinations dramatically decrease your chance of being hospitalized and dying from COVID. They are seeing new hospitalizations in fully vaccinated people who are immunocompromised. My spouse started getting texts and phone calls from our area hospital when we were out in Napa over the weekend wondering when she would be back. ER was filling up with COVID patients and Sioux City and Sioux Falls were out of ICU beds because MIssouri hospitals were shipping patients up. They needed her back to care for critically ill patients. Empty parking lots doesn't really have anything to do with the number of people in ICU beds or wards with COVID because nobody can visit them and elective procedures are getting reduced if not shut down.

I appreciate many of your stances but you're just wrong on this one. I don't care whose tweets you post or what stats you want to put up, we're living it at our house. People need to get vaccinated. You do you, but people refusing to get vaccinated is hurting our chances of having an uninterrupted fall and winter sports season.
Do you have access to the number of beds at the hospital? Why would they send people from MO, bypass Omaha, to get them to Sioux Falls?

There seems to be a tendency for hospitals when they hit 80ish% capacity to say they're full. This was done last year too. It seems to be some sort of public health manipulation tactic.

Do you have access to the number of beds at the hospital? Why would they send people from MO, bypass Omaha, to get them to Sioux Falls?

There seems to be a tendency for hospitals when they hit 80ish% capacity to say they're full. This was done last year too. It seems to be some sort of public health manipulation tactic.
It’s not as simple as open beds. It’s ICU/CCU beds, vents and RT’s to run them, ER beds, nurse shortages. Then add in that they also try to keep capacity for people suffering
heart attacks, strokes, auto accidents and other trauma based medical emergencies.

Need more people vaccinated, comparing the lowest 10 states and the highest 10 in vaccine rates, in the lowest 10 you are seeing 3X the number of cases, 4.3X hospitalizations and 6.5X death rates per capita.

Reactions: regionsdoc
It’s not as simple as open beds. It’s ICU/CCU beds, vents and RT’s to run them, ER beds, nurse shortages. Then add in that they also try to keep capacity for people suffering
heart attacks, strokes, auto accidents and other trauma based medical emergencies.

Need more people vaccinated, comparing the lowest 10 states and the highest 10 in vaccine rates, in the lowest 10 you are seeing 3X the number of cases, 4.3X hospitalizations and 6.5X death rates per capita.
Nursing are quitting en masse due to being treated like shit.
Vaccinations are not the answer. Better treatments are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT