ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wild Game Processing

Cornstar

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2004
Dad and I just got done processing about 60 lbs of vension (100 lbs.total with pork). I actually really enjoy spending the weekend making sausage, smoking it, etc. Get to spend some great quality time with my dad.

Over the years, we have found some of our favorite seasonings. Frisco Spices (out of Omaha) Pepper Snack Stick Seasoning is, by far, the best we have found for snack sticks. We add 1 cup of diced, dehydrated jalapenos and 2 lbs. of high temp cheddar and it makes the best snack sticks I have ever had. Farmer's Sausage seasoning from The Sausage Maker is also really good for making breakfast links or even just bulk sausage in 1 lb bags. For summer sausage, we like the Cracked Pepper and Garlic kit from Cabela's. We also add jalapeno and cheese to this and it turns out excellent.

Just figured I would share some seasoning that we have found over the year that we really like. Nothing sucks more than to spend a bunch of time and waste a bunch of venison on seasonings/kits that don't turn out. Anyone else process their own wild game? What are some of your favorite seasonings/recipes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News