ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Texas will be selling beer at home football games in 2015.

I don't have a problem with it. If someone wants a $9 watered down Bud Light, be my guest.

I saw the headline but haven't read the articles. Are you just jabbing that budlight is watered down in general or is it only 3.2% beer that will be allowed?

It's a money grab folks (and probably a way to get a certain type of fans to come and attend the games...which will likely be more and more of a pressing issue for all schools in the future).

GBR

I saw the headline but haven't read the articles. Are you just jabbing that budlight is watered down in general or is it only 3.2% beer that will be allowed?

It's a money grab folks (and probably a way to get a certain type of fans to come and attend the games...which will likely be more and more of a pressing issue for all schools in the future).

GBR
I just hate Bud Light.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they've been serving beer at Texas home basketball games at the Irwin center for quite some time already (and yes, I'm aware other schools like Creighton do as well)...

So let's talk about the elephant that just re-entered the room again...are we going to do this? Would it help or hurt our sellout deal?

GBR

I have no problem with adult beverage being sold at any institution. Any extra revenue to pay off arenas is welcome.

Or to help pay the players. Noticed Chris Simms admitted to taking money today while playing at Texas...but don't worry, he signed some autographs for it o_O

GBR

Iowa already sells alcohol at Kinnick Stadium. You just have to sit in the luxury boxes to be able to purchase it. I would be all for dedicating 2-3 sections to sell alcohol. If you buy a ticket in those sections you know exactly what you are getting.

People who want to be drunk at the game are already showing up hammered or sneaking booze into the stadium. The athletic department might benefit from selling liquor in the stadium and those who wish to drink might show a little more self control if they can drink throughout the game rather than getting tanked beforehand.

People who want to be drunk at the game are already showing up hammered or sneaking booze into the stadium. The athletic department might benefit from selling liquor in the stadium and those who wish to drink might show a little more self control if they can drink throughout the game rather than getting tanked beforehand.

I think you are giving people far too much credit. They'll still get stinky drunk and pull stupid s**t just like they always have, regardless of whether or not alcohol is available at games.

Always loved going to CU football games in the 90's when they served beer in Boulder. The Big 10 would likely not allow any of their schools to go down this path.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT