ADVERTISEMENT

OT Stock Market

Possibly good move. America may finally catch up to the world and switch to the all satisfying- Bidet ;)

*Takes another limitless pill from Bradley Cooper*
You still have to dry your ass if you use a disgusting bidet. Have you ever tried to clean one of those damned things after somebody brown bottle flu explodes all over the toilet.?

I’m going to do the same thing successful investors have done for more than a century.

Nothing.
From the Motley Fool...
How much do baby boomers have saved?
According to a BlackRock survey, the average pre-retirement baby boomer (defined as 55-65 years old) has $136,200 saved for retirement. Including additional savings and the effects of compound growth between now and retirement, this should translate into $9,129 in annual retirement income. Keep in mind that this income figure doesn't include Social Security or any pensions these baby boomers might have, but it's still not likely to be enough.

I guess everyone's definition of successful is different...

Last I checked, gold has done better than Buffett since 2000. Might be different after last 2 days but not by much.

With all the new QE I don't expect the math to change. Similar to 2008 it's gonna be rough for a bit but it's going to be rough for everyone so...

Gdxj is at the same level it was when gold was at 1100. It's way, way above 1100 even if it falls more.

I don't see oil as the inflation catalyst. I see the carry trade between the euro and us dollar that the hedge funds are running to capture our yield with their negative rates as the eventual catalyst when it unwinds.

Last I checked, gold has done better than Buffett since 2000. Might be different after last 2 days but not by much.

With all the new QE I don't expect the math to change. Similar to 2008 it's gonna be rough for a bit but it's going to be rough for everyone so...

Gdxj is at the same level it was when gold was at 1100. It's way, way above 1100 even if it falls more.

I don't see oil as the inflation catalyst. I see the carry trade between the euro and us dollar that the hedge funds are running to capture our yield with their negative rates as the eventual catalyst when it unwinds.

Uhm maybe not?

https://www.macrotrends.net/2608/gold-price-vs-stock-market-100-year-chart

https://www.longtermtrends.net/stocks-vs-gold-comparison/

It's all trends and that chart is biased against gold... or you're ignorant of history. Pick one. Also, the leverage used to keep commodities in check has increased exponentially in that time. You go from zero leverage to a lot and virtually any gain left over 50 years is pathetic.

Leverage gets unwound eventually. Hell we may all be dead when it happens but still.

Also, try Tracking it from 1971 when they removed the gold standard. The first 50 years of that chart it SHOULD have gone up against gold. Duh... gold and dollars were static outside of roosevelt's devaluation.

Gold's been in a bear since 2011 or so... and it's still beat Buffett since 2000. Not much else to say really.

From the Motley Fool...
According to a BlackRock survey, the average pre-retirement baby boomer (defined as 55-65 years old) has $136,200 saved for retirement. Including additional savings and the effects of compound growth between now and retirement, this should translate into $9,129 in annual retirement income. Keep in mind that this income figure doesn't include Social Security or any pensions these baby boomers might have, but it's still not likely to be enough.

Those lucky bastards only lost 20 grand the past two weeks. :D

From the Motley Fool...

Glad I was smart to invest more than spend more when I was younger...I probably lost 136,000 over the past few weeks... then again I haven’t sold anything either so in reality I haven’t lost a dime.;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT