ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sidney, Nebraska

Crisker

Head Coach
Jan 19, 2005
Rangoon
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am gathering some information about life, living, and real estate in Sidney. As everyone knows, there is a great deal of uncertainty surrounding Cabela's and Sidney. My view has always been that where there is risk, there is opportunity.

With this being said, I've been thinking about buying a house in or around Sidney to use as a seasonal property; in other words, a western "Nebraska" (or Wyoming, as the case may be) retreat or home base that gives me good access to: the Sand Hills, Lake Mac, Wildcat Hills, Nebraska's Pine Ridge, Sterling Reservoir, the Black Hills, and all points west.

While looking at the large inventory of homes (i.e., 115) in and around Sidney currently for sale, it occurred to me that I should ask this sagacious board for thoughts on the matter.

So please share all your Sidney information, including but not limited to your thoughts on whether the current real estate prices in Sidney reflect (i.e., have been discounted) where the price bottom may be if the Bass Pro merger is consummated and 1000 to 2000 jobs leave Sidney.

I'm not concerned about making money on this house purchase, but I also don't want to lose money and would want to be able to sell it (within six months) if I decided to unload.

Thanks!

Cris

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News