ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Road House 2024

Some things just don't need remaking. Hollywood is so lazy.
It's all marketing. It's just a vanilla action movie that has been made a thousand times, but because of the name it will be very profitable. Very, very likely there will be a sequel. I agree with you about Hollywood being lazy, but the audiences are lazy too. They make what sells.

I watch movies to kill time...not to try and solve some abstract plot.

To this day I will never understand how movies that are amazing and loved have not won Oscars.

Naked Gun, Kingpin, American Pie. Those movies did exactly what they intended to do, make us laugh and want to rewatch it.

Halloween and Friday the 13th literally changed/created a new genre, yet no awards. Everyone that watched those movies was scared or had a jump scare, yet they are ripped on for bad acting.

Entertain me, that is all movies are there for.
I'll take comedy movies akin to those you mention. I loved Airplane, Talladega Nights, Wedding Crashers, The Hangover, etc. I just want to sit down, disengage my brain, and laugh, the movie doesn't have to be so deep as to require much thought.

It took me a couple years to convince my older grandsons, that cult classics are that for a reason. They entertain you. Movies like Weekend at Bernie's, Ferris Buhler's Day Off, Porky's, Hollywood Knights. They busted a gut when they finally watched them.

(In a bizarre way, it was hilarious to sit and look out the side of my eyes as they're watching the female gym teacher grab the dudes junk in Porky's...How uncomfortable was that for them? Yet, they laughed their asses off.)

Kinda like one Thanksgiving when we watched American Pie with my about 85 year old mom sitting next to me when the kid was giving the apple pie the business. Yeah, I loved that scene, but was uncomfortable with my mom sitting right next to me and muttering, "What the hell?" Or when the chick used the ole, "one day at band camp, I stuck....". Especially when my mom tapped me on the shoulder and said, "why would she do that?" LOL

I agree with whomever on here that said Hollywood has lost its imagination. Some of these remakes are laughable.

I can’t think of hardly any remakes that are better than the originals but one of my favorite movies is Jaws, I would totally go to it in theatre s if they remade it exactly the way the original is just with new technology they could make it so much more real. My cast choices would be Pitt as Chief Brody, Tom Cruise as Hooper and Josh Brolin or Kurt Russel as Quin.

I can’t think of hardly any remakes that are better than the originals but one of my favorite movies is Jaws, I would totally go to it in theatre s if they remade it exactly the way the original is just with new technology they could make it so much more real. My cast choices would be Pitt as Chief Brody, Tom Cruise as Hooper and Josh Brolin or Kurt Russel as Quin.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that

Reactions: Lincoln100
I still cant understand why the average American spends a dime on movies.

People are rich and famous cause Americans are idiots who work theur asses off to give up their money for nothing of value to make some of the shittiest people on earth rich.

People are rich and famous cause Americans are idiots who work theur asses off to give up their money for nothing of value to make some of the shittiest people on earth rich.
Have you never seen Dumb and Dumber? Life changing cinema. All your questions will be answered by the time you get to …

government americans GIF

Somewhere around 1938 Gene Tierney, who was from a wealthy family was touring Warner Bros studio. She was so beautiful a studio official offered her a contract on the spot (something that almost never happened). She was 18 at the time and her dad said "no" because he considered actors and studio people to be lowlifes and immoral. Seems nothing has changed in 80-odd years.

She eventually got into movies and ended up having a rough life.

Last edited:
Somewhere around 1938 Gene Tierney, who was from a wealthy family was touring Warner Bros studio. She was so beautiful a studio official offered her a contract on the spot (something that almost never happened). She was 18 at the time and her dad said "no" because he considered actors and studio people to be lowlifes and immoral. Seems nothing has changed in 80-odd years.

She eventually got into movies and ended up having a rough life.
Brad Pitt made a poorly receive, overly done movie called Babylon a couple of years ago that depicted Hollywood during the time of transition from silent films to audible. The levels of debauchery in that movie are astounding. Was any of this even remotely accurate? If so, I had no idea.

Brad Pitt made a poorly receive, overly done movie called Babylon a couple of years ago that depicted Hollywood during the time of transition from silent films to audible. The levels of debauchery in that movie are astounding. Was any of this even remotely accurate? If so, I had no idea.
I'll have to watch it, sounds interesting.

It is a remake of a cult classic that was the overdone tough guy hero movie.

The original Roadhouse is simply fun entertainment done well above par for the genre. I've probably seen the movie full through 5 or 6 times, but always an enjoyable watch of clips here and there thru the years.

The new Roadhouse? Not bad to be honest. Going in you have to expect pure crap, ridiculous fight scenes, and medium to shit awful acting with terrible one-liners. That is the entire premise of the movie, and if you don't know that going in, then you are dumber than the movie itself.

It is fun. It is stupid. But an enjoyable watch that was much better than I thought it would be.

Reactions: WHCSC
Great quotes in the original:

Pain don't hurt.

What if they call my mama a whore? Is she?

I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you.

It ain't the money ya understand, but if I don't charge ya somethin' the Presbyterians around here are likely to pray for my ruination.

Oh you're good, I'm going to make you my Saturday night steady.

I used to f#$% guys like you in prison.

Not bad for a blind, white guy. Yeah, and I thought you'd be bigger.

You're paid to play....play! (throws beer bottle at stage).

Hey, shut up shithead.

A polar bear fell on me.

Big nope. Any remake is an insult. Point Break. Nope. Road House. Nope. Red Dawn. Nope. Footloose. Nope. Female Ghostbusters. Big nope!!
The Point Break one was BRUTAL

The Footloose one was bad BUT not brutal...

The Red Dawn one was BRUTAL

Never saw pussy ghostbusters

The thing is, if you are trying to remake a movie you are probably picking a movie that was a big hit and nostalgic, you really can't mess with those.

It is a little different with songs, you can sometimes get away with it with songs.

The Point Break one was BRUTAL

The Footloose one was bad BUT not brutal...

The Red Dawn one was BRUTAL

Never saw pussy ghostbusters

The thing is, if you are trying to remake a movie you are probably picking a movie that was a big hit and nostalgic, you really can't mess with those.

It is a little different with songs, you can sometimes get away with it with songs.
The 80s had the best movies and music.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT