ADVERTISEMENT

OT -Missouri and cash flow

missouri can bond finance a lot of improvements based on their sec revenue. they also have some heavy donors.

COLUMBIA, Mo. — The University of Missouri Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has received a historic $62 million philanthropic commitment to support renovations to Memorial Stadium and the Department's Tiger Fund program, Director of Athletics Desireé Reed-Francois announced Monday. The gift commitment is the largest received by Mizzou Athletics in the university's history.

The donor, who wishes to remain anonymous, has designated $50 million for the Memorial Stadium Improvements project to modernize Mizzou Football's home stadium, including the redevelopment of the North Concourse and other stadium upgrades. The remaining $12 million will go toward Mizzou's Tiger Fund — a charitable program through the Tiger Scholarship Fund that benefits Mizzou student-athletes. 2.5.24

Reactions: HBK4life
missouri can bond finance a lot of improvements based on their sec revenue. they also have some heavy donors.

COLUMBIA, Mo. — The University of Missouri Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has received a historic $62 million philanthropic commitment to support renovations to Memorial Stadium and the Department's Tiger Fund program, Director of Athletics Desireé Reed-Francois announced Monday. The gift commitment is the largest received by Mizzou Athletics in the university's history.

The donor, who wishes to remain anonymous, has designated $50 million for the Memorial Stadium Improvements project to modernize Mizzou Football's home stadium, including the redevelopment of the North Concourse and other stadium upgrades. The remaining $12 million will go toward Mizzou's Tiger Fund — a charitable program through the Tiger Scholarship Fund that benefits Mizzou student-athletes. 2.5.24
They come a long way from that worn out piece of carpet on ferot field

It's been discussed how Missouri is spending boatloads on recruits and NIL but who are these guys big donors and where is all that money coming from? Meth and fireworks? Who are the big money boosters?
Probably came from Johnny Morris. He’s worth over 9 billion. Gives mostly to wildlife and conservation charities though.

Probably came from Johnny Morris. He’s worth over 9 billion. Gives mostly to wildlife and conservation charities though.
Missouri’s alumni base includes lots of KC and SL business figures. The Busch family have given millions to Mizzou over the years.

Knock off the dang politics
Stop It Full House GIF

I think that Wal Mart family is tied to Arkansas but also Mizzo.
Tyson and Walton are going to load up Calipari. They want a big time BB program. Self has a money train behind him as well, he is buying up everyone he wants.

Walton family...Sam was an alum...everyone always thinks Arky and they give money there but also big Mizzou donors

Walton family...Sam was an alum...everyone always thinks Arky and they give money there but also big Mizzou donors
Money cannot buy happiness but it can buy a truck, a boat or other pleasures. It cannot buy a Championship. Fortunes have been spent on buying glory and few have ever created success on the field of play.

I know there's been articles and a thread on here about fiscal year ending $ health of athletic departments.

There was a podcast I recently watched about it too using data from EADA which is from department of Ed equity in athletics. It's self reported by universities and should be taken with a grain of salt. I looked at a few institutions(NU obviously)just to compare. I say take it with a grain of salt because not all institutions report it the same and there must not be a standard format used.

What impressed me about NU was the supplemental information supplied. I also know it's been reported that NU takes no public funds, it's self sufficient, and pays the university back for the cost of athletes academic scholarships. But what I hadn't seen reported was that the NU athletic department also made additional contributions to the university. This is in addition to debt service paid to the university.

Of the other institutions I looked at, I couldn't find any as generous or detailed as NU. I'm sure there is/are but NU does a good job 👏

Money cannot buy happiness but it can buy a truck, a boat or other pleasures. It cannot buy a Championship. Fortunes have been spent on buying glory and few have ever created success on the field of play.
Mhmmm it can buy happiness too!

It's been discussed how Missouri is spending boatloads on recruits and NIL but who are these guys big donors and where is all that money coming from? Meth and fireworks? Who are the big money boosters?
Whatever they are doing, it is working. Mizzou will probably have five or six guys drafted. Maybe more. Nebraska may not have a single one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT