ADVERTISEMENT

OT, Lebron going to make Kobe's legacy his responsibility.....

Lots of boomers in here I see. LeBron changes teams multiple times, big deal. Why should athletes be beholden to a team they had 0 control over going to? The draft is an outdated process that needs to disappear forever in all American sports. Who should LeBron be about other than himself? He’s investing in his community via education, he’s giving a underrepresented population a voice and platform. He’s a dude who grew up without a father or a college education and managed to make hundreds of millions of dollars from his talent. He is the example of the American dream to follow. His personality is less arrogant and flashy than a certain other prominent figure that holds a high office that many drool over. But he’s black and has money and an opinion and we just can’t have that can we?
LeBron is physically talented and that about covers it.

I don’t believe the President quotes or your’s...

My God baby boomers one of the most harmful and destructive in generations history..Where do you come up with crap..
You can clearly see that there's a lot of hate, vitriol, and anger built up inside of him geared towards people who have opinions different than his and of another generation.

LeBron is villainized because he self-promotes and declares himself to be the greatest. Our president does the same and is celebrated, what’s the glaring difference? If you don’t think a rich, popular black man using his platform scares the hell out of white people then I’m not sure what to tell you. Is the only reason people dislike LeBron or Kapernick because they’re black? Absolutely not, but to deny that it plays a role is naive at best.

I don’t think Boomers are stupid, I think as a whole they are an incredibly selfish, self-absorbed and at their heart often a racist group. I think history will view them as one of the most harmful and destructive generations in recent history.

I am guilty of baiting a group with the opening line, I’ll admit to that, but to be fair it worked.
Your shit is all retarded.

You can clearly see that there's a lot of hate, vitriol, and anger built up inside of him geared towards people who have opinions different than his and of another generation.

Isn’t that what’s here with LeBron? Different generations, opinions? I guess calling him a bastard and an ass as have been done in this thread isn’t hatred?

Opinions I can live with, America became great because each generation had worked to better their children’s futures. When the Boomer generation took power they have cut taxes for their own benefit, led our national infrastructure into a miserable state, debt to GDP went from 30-40% to over 100%, watched America’s manufacturing prowess move overseas for profit, public education has gone from excellent to abysmal and let’s not forget ignoring science on climate change. Now they complain about their kids living at home and not having jobs. Yet fail to recognize it’s a result of the crippling debt they carry to get an education because the jobs they could get without a college education when they were young adults no longer exist as they have been shipped overseas.

But blah blah blah, nobody cares. We aren’t going to change each other’s minds are we?

Isn’t that what’s here with LeBron? Different generations, opinions? I guess calling him a bastard and an ass as have been done in this thread isn’t hatred?

Opinions I can live with, America became great because each generation had worked to better their children’s futures. When the Boomer generation took power they have cut taxes for their own benefit, led our national infrastructure into a miserable state, debt to GDP went from 30-40% to over 100%, watched America’s manufacturing prowess move overseas for profit, public education has gone from excellent to abysmal and let’s not forget ignoring science on climate change. Now they complain about their kids living at home and not having jobs. Yet fail to recognize it’s a result of the crippling debt they carry to get an education because the jobs they could get without a college education when they were young adults no longer exist as they have been shipped overseas.

But blah blah blah, nobody cares. We aren’t going to change each other’s minds are we?
Don't get an education. Its a scam. Internet is all you need to learn. College is about getting a job if the job warrants it.

You are lazily trying to connect animosity towards labron and racism. So cliche and wrong.

JM. Quit. You are lost, ill informed and wrong. Now may be the time to stop.
Now involving politics. How sad.

This is a thread about Lebron and his arrogance. Now you bring Trump into this?
No one ever taught you how to argue and make prescient points whilst.

Go away.

Where am I Ill-informed? People in this thread have expressed hatred of LeBron, criticized his claims of greatness and self-promoting. Do you deny the examples I provided are real? Do you not see the self-promotion and claims of greatness parallels?

Both men have accomplished a lot in their lives, both have earned their platforms, I just hate to see hypocrisy against one while people celebrate the similar behavior of another.

Where am I Ill-informed? People in this thread have expressed hatred of LeBron, criticized his claims of greatness and self-promoting. Do you deny the examples I provided are real? Do you not see the self-promotion and claims of greatness parallels?

Both men have accomplished a lot in their lives, both have earned their platforms, I just hate to see hypocrisy against one while people celebrate the similar behavior of another.
Expand your sample size.

I started this thread commenting about the lack of awareness of Lebron James.

I was taught over 45 years ago how to present an argument, and defend it.

Race does not count, calling someone stupid does not count. What does count is a well presented argument void of above failings.

So many of you failed in spectacular ways.

No wonder I rarely engage any here in rational conversation.

Kobe spoke of Magic passing on the Lakers legacy to him and Shaq and spoke openly of LeBron returning the Lakers to their winning legacy. What do you want him to do? Say the legacy is dead? Say he’s starting his own? Or just shut up and play?
Shut the hell to start with.

I started this thread commenting about the lack of awareness of Lebron James.

I was taught over 45 years ago how to present an argument, and defend it.

Race does not count, calling someone stupid does not count. What does count is a well presented argument void of above failings.

So many of you failed in spectacular ways.

No wonder I rarely engage any here in rational conversation.

You posted a link to an article and offered an unsupported opinion, you’ve repeatedly offered opinion without anything to back it up beyond your own word salad. You said you were done, but kept going.

My word salad gave more to you than me I guess. I just use the words I know and love. Sorry if one or more made an uncomfortable sensation in your mouth as you realised you were not sure what it was. Croutons are good, crunchy, and can hurt you if not careful.

As can poorly intuited assumptions.

Lots of boomers in here I see. LeBron changes teams multiple times, big deal. Why should athletes be beholden to a team they had 0 control over going to? The draft is an outdated process that needs to disappear forever in all American sports. Who should LeBron be about other than himself? He’s investing in his community via education, he’s giving a underrepresented population a voice and platform. He’s a dude who grew up without a father or a college education and managed to make hundreds of millions of dollars from his talent. He is the example of the American dream to follow. His personality is less arrogant and flashy than a certain other prominent figure that holds a high office that many drool over. But he’s black and has money and an opinion and we just can’t have that can we?

Had to go politics.. Just couldn't help yourself.

LeBron is villainized because he self-promotes and declares himself to be the greatest. Our president does the same and is celebrated, what’s the glaring difference? If you don’t think a rich, popular black man using his platform scares the hell out of white people then I’m not sure what to tell you. Is the only reason people dislike LeBron or Kapernick because they’re black? Absolutely not, but to deny that it plays a role is naive at best.

I don’t think Boomers are stupid, I think as a whole they are an incredibly selfish, self-absorbed and at their heart often a racist group. I think history will view them as one of the most harmful and destructive generations in recent history.

I am guilty of baiting a group with the opening line, I’ll admit to that, but to be fair it worked.
Got participation ribbons as a child. ^^^

What did one of Wilt's teammates say during his 100-point game?

"Hey Wilt, I'm open!"

What did one of the opposing team's players say?

"Hey, who's got Wilt?"

It’s funny how worked up people get over Lebron. It’s like they’re shocked that he has a huge ego and thinks differently about politics than they do.

He is a bit of a tool about how he goes about things, and I think that skews people thoughts on how good of a player he is. He is one of the greats, and he still has a few more great years in him.

I prefer Stephen Curry to uphold the so called legacy that Kobe left us..
Curry is not a good comp. In a lot of ways, he is the opposite of Kobe. I see Kawhi Leonard is a player that is a lot like Kobe. Great defender, ultra-competitive, big shot maker.

Wilt Chamberlain?
Wilt played against guys 6’8 every game. It’s really not fair to discredit Shaq, because of his physical dominance and not do the same to Wilt. For the record, I think it’s idiotic to do either. Just like it’s idiotic for someone to discredit LaBron as a player because they don’t like his personality. We should appreciate getting to see these generational talents and not try to find ways to tear them down.

Reactions: jmliehr
Wilt played against guys 6’8 every game. It’s really not fair to discredit Shaq, because of his physical dominance and not do the same to Wilt. For the record, I think it’s idiotic to do either. Just like it’s idiotic for someone to discredit LaBron as a player because they don’t like his personality. We should appreciate getting to see these generational talents and not try to find ways to tear them down.

Agreed completely, impossible to truly compare and does a disservice to the legends involved.

Reactions: headcard
Curry is not a good comp. In a lot of ways, he is the opposite of Kobe. I see Kawhi Leonard is a player that is a lot like Kobe. Great defender, ultra-competitive, big shot maker.

C’mon Curry isn’t a big shot maker.. Probably one of the top perimeter shooters in the league... No question he is the best ball handler in the league..yea so he Isn’t 6-6 or 6-8..

After reading his post I have a hard time he meant this post how you are all taking it... I personally don’t know ‘bron, or Kobe and I’m betting most of you don’t know enough about their personalities to make that call... Kobe had his down falls and he was a selfish ball player, and wasn’t the best teammate and that was very well documented, but you cannot deny how much he cared for his kids, and you could see that... and you seen how much he did for the game... I feel horrible for the kids that won’t have their dad... for ‘bron I think he is very conceited but I always liked his style of play better, he passed the ball and he is a great shooter, and he made the players around him better... he just couldn’t get them over the top on his own... but I honestly don’t think he had bad intentions with this post, but bad timing and bad verbiage

C’mon Curry isn’t a big shot maker.. Probably one of the top perimeter shooters in the league... No question he is the best ball handler in the league..yea so he Isn’t 6-6 or 6-8..
One of the best shooters of all-time and a great ball handler. A modern day Steve Nash.

Reactions: scarletred
Anybody remember when King James tried to file a trademark for the phrase Taco Tuesday because he enjoys tacos that much. Guess he thought he was the smartest guy on the planet and nobody ever thought of that catchy phrase ever, trademarked several years ago.

Reactions: baseball31ne
king James also tried to get the Barber Shop as his own idea and stop others from using it without credit to him.

Hell of a player for sure. Think a top five guy all time. Like almost everyone in life, he has his biases and prejudices that alter how people see him for the better or worse.

Think the Legacy thing is more the Lakers Legacy than Kobe’s but my view is from a a distance since I’ve never been close to actually meeting let alone knowing either of them

Reactions: wholeo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT