ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Japanese's highest ranking Dr. in their health ministry says:

sorry to hear about your grandparents. I've heard lots of stories about people getting COVID at weddings in Cedar and Knox counties. Bow Valley seems to be a great place to get COVID....
Yeah Bow Valley is where the wife got it, and thanks we knew it was coming sooner than later.

So a better chance of getting this from the vaccine than of dying from covid
Not for the elderly and people with pre-existing conditions. The point of his post is that if ALL of those test subject would have had the placebo instead of the vaccine, it is very likely that they would have gotten Bells Palsy anyway. It's very possible and maybe very likely that the vaccine had nothing to do with them getting the condition. Most people get over Bells Palsy if they're treated early with corticosteroids.

Reactions: WHCSC
so far. we have not even made it to first turn yet concerning these vacines
At any given time in a group of 18,000 random people whether or not they had received a vaccine you would expect some cases of Bells Palsy. The vaccine is safe and effective. Period. The bastard who is running the FDA needs to quit dragging his damned heels and give the okay. I don't know what his deal is. IF he doesn't get off his ass and do it, he needs to be fired. It's ridiculous. The CDC and Pfizer were telling state health departments that the vaccine would be available for nursing homes and medical staff by MID NOVEMBER. The FDA is the hold up.

At any given time in a group of 18,000 random people whether or not they had received a vaccine you would expect some cases of Bells Palsy. The vaccine is safe and effective. Period. The bastard who is running the FDA needs to quit dragging his damned heels and give the okay. I don't know what his deal is. IF he doesn't get off his ass and do it, he needs to be fired. It's ridiculous. The CDC and Pfizer were telling state health departments that the vaccine would be available for nursing homes and medical staff by MID NOVEMBER. The FDA is the hold up.
How big was the control group, and were there cases of Bells Palsy in the control group?

How big was the control group, and were there cases of Bells Palsy in the control group?
roughly the same number of controls as vaccinated subjects. Bells Palsy is thought to be secondary to inflammation from a viral infection. The problem is in statistical analysis a zero number for Bells Palsy versus the 4 for vaccinated subjects is not out of the realm of expected results. Again, Bells Palsy is very treatable and people who refuse to take the vaccine based on 4 out of over 18,000 test subjects (1/4500) getting it are being foolish. That said, that's their right.

We'll have probably 40-60 million at risk people vaccinated before we get to the point where most people on this board are eligible to get vaccinated.

FDA staff recommends watching for Bell's palsy in Covid vaccine recipients

Watch for it and at the first sign in those 1/4.500 people who might get it, you give them corticosteroids for the inflammation. Pretty standard. I hope that people are aware of what it is and seek out treatment immediately even though roughly 90% of people who experience Bells Palsy from various causes recover completely without treatment.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
My wife has had Bell's Palsy before after she had a reaction to a medicine. It was scary at the time, thought she was having a stroke. But it went away within an hour or two, never came back.

I think that's a fair trade off if a very small percentage of people have this reaction, especially if it gets life back to normal for us all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT