ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How To Insert A Needle With No Pain

itseasyas1-2-3

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 6, 2021
I'm posting this strictly as a layperson, and not as a medical suggestion.

Four weeks ago I began receiving testosterone therapy which requires the insertion of a needle into the muscle in my buttocks.
It's not a small needle, in fact, it is 1 1/2" long and is a 26 gauge needle, so it's also not a thin needle.

I had watched a stupid ass Tik Tok video of some guys who said if you "cough" at the same time the needle is inserted, there will be zero pain.
Obviously, I figured the guy was full of it. Turns out, he was exactly right, zero pain.

My wife had never given anyone a shot in her life and was being instructed by a nurse how to do it, the reason being the Doctor did not prescribe the medication so the nurse could only instruct my wife on how to insert the needle, but couldn't actually do the injection.

So, I told my wife, let me know when you are ready to insert the needle and I will cough. Did that, and zero pain. 1 1/2" into the muscle. The nurse hadn't heard of that.

Once we were finished, I told my wife that I could have done it since I'd inserted a much larger object into her thousands of times over the years....but, I digress.

The reason I bring this topic forward is maybe to help someone who needs to get a tetanus shot or even a cortisone shot. I don't know how this might work into a small extremity like a finger or hand or into a joint for a cortisone shot. It may not help at all. But, if a needle is inserted into a muscle or even a fatty area, it can be painless.

Take this suggestion for what it's worth. But, it has worked awesomely for me.

By the way, I'm not some fat ass. I'm in the 5'10" 180-pound range.

Reactions: countrybob
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

"By the way, I'm not some fat ass" Who gives a shit?
I mean, great, Im sure your experience will be helpful to someone.
Also, Im not gay or a minority.

Four weeks ago I began receiving testosterone therapy which requires the insertion of a needle into the muscle in my buttocks.
It's not a small needle, in fact, it is 1 1/2" long and is a 26 gauge needle, so it's also not a thin needle.

I had watched a stupid ass Tik Tok video of some guys who said if you "cough" at the same time the needle is inserted, there will be zero pain.
Obviously, I figured the guy was full of it. Turns out, he was exactly right, zero pain.

My wife had never given anyone a shot in her life and was being instructed by a nurse how to do it, the reason being the Doctor did not prescribe the medication so the nurse could only instruct my wife on how to insert the needle, but couldn't actually do the injection.

So, I told my wife, let me know when you are ready to insert the needle and I will cough. Did that, and zero pain. 1 1/2" into the muscle. The nurse hadn't heard of that.

Once we were finished, I told my wife that I could have done it since I'd inserted a much larger object into her thousands of times over the years....but, I digress.

The reason I bring this topic forward is maybe to help someone who needs to get a tetanus shot or even a cortisone shot. I don't know how this might work into a small extremity like a finger or hand or into a joint for a cortisone shot. It may not help at all. But, if a needle is inserted into a muscle or even a fatty area, it can be painless.

Do it in the side of your thigh. Much easier. You can do the stomach also. Pretty simple once you get it down.

My area is best.. I'll stay with what works.
Not sure what doc is giving you a needle that size but I’d be asking around. Been on this stuff for 10 yr and never seen that. A needle that long sinuses for B12 injections. But hey..:.if you like the pain, continue. And…the gauge? Jesus. If not Doctor prescribed I hope the quack is giving you an estrogen blocker and checking your red blood cells every 8 weeks or so. A real Men’s Health Clinic makes a difference.

I've heard some clinics give a 23 gauge needle, sounds like a biopsy more than a injection.

TMI

I know insulin needles are way smaller, I use my stomach and inner thighs to inject my insulin 99% of the time I dont feel anything

A 26 gauge needle is pretty dam small. You could barely load the syringe with a needle that size.

I think 22 and 23 are common for injections. 18 to load the syringe.

Reactions: bomber89
I just got a shot of Cortisone in my knee yesterday. I'm getting 3 more shots of Cortisone in my hand & one in the Elbow Friday. I wouldn't think you want to cough and move your body around, when someone is giving you a shot. You really want precise placement with Cortisone shots in joints, to get the most effect from it. I think a general muscle area could be ok.

I can appreciate what your saying, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm used to it, not a big deal considering the relief you can get from it.

I just got a shot of Cortisone in my knee yesterday. I'm getting 3 more shots of Cortisone in my hand & one in the Elbow Friday. I wouldn't think you want to cough and move your body around, when someone is giving you a shot. You really want precise placement with Cortisone shots in joints, to get the most effect from it. I think a general muscle area could be ok.

I can appreciate what your saying, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm used to it, not a big deal considering the relief you can get from it.
If it works for you, keep on doing it.

26g isnt bad. I know guys that use 23g 1" harpoons for their administration. Do more frequent injections if you can, If you can do 2x or even 3x a week you can use Insulin pins. 29g 1/2" work great. Shallow pins in Ventroglute or delts. Youtube how to administer. The more areas you can pin the better. Scar tissue builds up if you use the same couple spots every time. So the more spots you can pin the better. Very little PIP doing it this way. Sometimes you won't even feel it.

Seeing as how Im nothing but fat AND muscle, I have nothing to worry about. Of course I, myself also piss testosterone by the gallons so yep....double got it made.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
And seriously look at your diet. You shouldn’t need shots.
Well, we all have this thing called a pituitary gland. It controls the production of nearly all hormones. If you happen to have a benign growth on that pituitary gland that affects not only my left optical nerve interfering with vision in my left eye, but requires an injection in my right eye every 5 weeks that may separate you from me.

The pituitary gland affects the ability of my body to produce enough testosterone, so I need to take the injection weekly.

When I graduated from basic training in tip-top shape I weighed 171 pounds. 51 years later, I weigh 180 pounds. My diet is good.

Reactions: countrybob

Ask NationalAnalyst, he knows all about the insertion into the buttocks.

Well, we all have this thing called a pituitary gland. It controls the production of nearly all hormones. If you happen to have a benign growth on that pituitary gland that affects not only my left optical nerve interfering with vision in my left eye, but requires an injection in my right eye every 5 weeks that may separate you from me.

The pituitary gland affects the ability of my body to produce enough testosterone, so I need to take the injection weekly.

When I graduated from basic training in tip-top shape I weighed 171 pounds. 51 years later, I weigh 180 pounds. My diet is good.
Understood, that’s all you had to say.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
26g isnt bad. I know guys that use 23g 1" harpoons for their administration. Do more frequent injections if you can, If you can do 2x or even 3x a week you can use Insulin pins. 29g 1/2" work great. Shallow pins in Ventroglute or delts. Youtube how to administer. The more areas you can pin the better. Scar tissue builds up if you use the same couple spots every time. So the more spots you can pin the better. Very little PIP doing it this way. Sometimes you won't even feel it.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Not sure what doc is giving you a needle that size but I’d be asking around. Been on this stuff for 10 yr and never seen that. A needle that long sinuses for B12 injections. But hey..:.if you like the pain, continue. And…the gauge? Jesus. If not Doctor prescribed I hope the quack is giving you an estrogen blocker and checking your red blood cells every 8 weeks or so. A real Men’s Health Clinic makes a difference.
Can you show me in my post when I said anything about pain? I said zero pain.

It's not a tuh-ma!!

Reactions: MargotDeeper

Thank you for sharing, does this work with estrogen injections?

"Much larger" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT